Prepaid Crew Appreciation: How does it work?

UsbCCable

Hi all,

I'm currently on the Majestic Princess and I had prepaid for crew appreciation a few weeks before embarking.

Right now, I see on my shipboard account that crew appreciation is charged to my room each day, but there's no mention of the prepaid amount.

I was expecting the prepaid amount to be a credit on the shipboard account.

I asked Guest Services but they seem to be confused as well. They just said the prepaid amount won't show up.

I didn't press any further after that because the last thing I want is for them to accidentally set crew appreciation to 0. I paid for it and I want the crew to receive it.

So, does anyone know how this actually works? Is the prepaid amount supposed to show up on the shipboard account at the beginning? the end? Or is each day they are not supposed to add crew appreciation to my shipboard account?

Thanks y'all.

Thanks for the reply!

It shows up on my cruise confirmation/travel summary.

But right now, the charges for crew appreciation are accumulating on my shipboard account each day and the whole portfolio will be charged to my credit card at the end of the cruise. 

If that's the case, I'll be double charged for crew appreciation? 

Edited by UsbCCable

Maybe each ship does it differently, but I prepaid our crew appreciation on our Emerald TA and nothing was ever charged when we were on the ship. Clean and easy. I think you need to look into this further. I don’t think anything should be showing up on your shipboard account.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 3

I prepaid and my daily crew grats did not show up on account on-board.

made it easy to follow what I charged on board.

Take travel summary with you to GS- someone in accounting should answer you.

Edited by dog
  • Like 3

I was told that onboard account and Princess land base were separate entities.  I hope you have documentation that it was paid (travel summary/credit account, etc).  Or go to your cc statement.  

I also pre-paid and it shows zero balance.  Im not on my computer so unable to do the steps to show sample. 

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I will talk to Guest Services about it then.

I have the Travel Summary on my phone but not printed out (my bad).

And another complication is that the prepaid amount was charged in USD while the onboard account is in AUD. Hope they manage to figure that out properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UsbCCable said:

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I will talk to Guest Services about it then.

I have the Travel Summary on my phone but not printed out (my bad).

And another complication is that the prepaid amount was charged in USD while the onboard account is in AUD. Hope they manage to figure that out properly.

You can have grats removed by speaking to GS.

Your pre payment will get to the crew. should already be posted to your credit card statement.

This should not be the way you spend your time on the ship.

• Like 2

You should show the travel summary to passenger services and request that all charges be removed. If they fail then you always have the option of just requesting that all crew appreciation charges be removed knowing that you already paid them. 

• Like 2

I had paid for the soda package for both my B2B cruises. First cruise, no problem. Second cruise, they started to charge me.  Went to Guest Services, I was told they were busy and would look into it later.  I went and got my Travel Summary which showed I had paid. They took a copy and I was not charged again.

Take your phone with your Travel Summary to Guest Services to show you had paid

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

I had paid for the soda package for both my B2B cruises. First cruise, no problem. Second cruise, they started to charge me.  Went to Guest Services, I was told they were busy and would look into it later.  I went and got my Travel Summary which showed I had paid. They took a copy and I was not charged again.

Take your phone with your Travel Summary to Guest Services to show you had paid

Agree!  OP should talk with a supervisor or officer at GS and not rely on a possible new employee to take care of this.

You should not have to go several times to GS to get this taken care of.  Wasted vacation time IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

You should show the travel summary to passenger services and request that all charges be removed. If they fail then you always have the option of just requesting that all crew appreciation charges be removed knowing that you already paid them. 

I would be concerned that the crew would be short changed based on your last suggestion.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I would be concerned that the crew would be short changed based on your last suggestion.  

Although the crew appreciation is paid into a fleet wide pool, so the crew on board would only be impacted on a minuscule level.

But I do agree, that removing the crew appreciation when the problem is not of their making, is perhaps not the way to go.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Crew appreciation was paid at HQ and should have been posted into the fleet wide pool. The ship should have this information. Removing the double charge on board should not be a concern. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1