Carnival Cruise Line Specialty Dining Venue Voted Best of 2022

BlerkOne

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Nope, but I should apply to be an editor and proofreader at CruiseHive.   That article has....issues.  😄   

("I'm a paid professional.  I'll edit and proofread for ya, for a mere $20K/year and toss in a couple of free cruises." 😉 ) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pe4all said:

Hmm - we have eaten there on different ships (for lunch) and were underwhelmed.  Maybe dinner is different.  Or maybe our NY taste buds are spoiled by all the great Italian restaurants here - lol!

The free italian is different than the dinner.

I like the prices for paid restaurants..and the steak place has surf n turf included. 

14 hours ago, pe4all said:

Hmm - we have eaten there on different ships (for lunch) and were underwhelmed.  Maybe dinner is different.  Or maybe our NY taste buds are spoiled by all the great Italian restaurants here - lol!

The Asian and Italian are much better at dinner than they are at lunch. 

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

I love Cucina, but a poll like this will always by skewed by the availability of some restaurants as opposed to others. It's the same reason McDonald's wins polls for Best Milkshake in some cities. 

It is true you won't find Cucina on Royal or NCL. 🙂

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe Cucina received more votes because there are more ships with Cucina on them.  All the other except for Steakhouse are on a smaller number of ships.  🤷‍♀️

Carnival featuring a dish from Cucina on MDR menus doesn't hurt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe Cucina received more votes because there are more ships with Cucina on them.  All the other except for Steakhouse are on a smaller number of ships.  🤷‍♀️

We have a winner!   This is not only a possible reason, but might be probable.  

For us, we liked the Cucina well enough to go twice during our Mardi Gras cruise...and our party included a first-generation Italian who agreed that it was quite good...although we all agreed Nonna's Meatballs weren't as good as his.  🙂     Of course, these dinners were also free.  

If they were rating just specialty eateries that are routinely free, I'd vote for Jiji's or Chibang! for lunch.  Love that stir-fry!  

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival featuring a dish from Cucina on MDR menus doesn't hurt. 

Which Cucina dishes are featured on the MDR menus?  

16 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I love Cucina, but a poll like this will always by skewed by the availability of some restaurants as opposed to others. It's the same reason McDonald's wins polls for Best Milkshake in some cities. 

I saw that you started a thread on Emeril, then poof it was gone.  Do you know why?  Odd.

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I saw that you started a thread on Emeril, then poof it was gone.  Do you know why?  Odd.

I saw that too, just a little sooner than this one was started. I posted (what I posted here) to that thread, but when I hit Submit Reply, it was gone.

Tom

• Like 1

16 hours ago, staceyglow said:

How does it explain Cucina topped choices from OTHER cruise lines?

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

How does it explain Cucina topped choices from OTHER cruise lines?

I am not saying it wasn't deserved.  My point is that it is one of the most visited specialty restaurants, because it  they have locations on many very popular ships, and that gives it a bump it wouldn't normally get.

In my own case, I would have voted for Cucina as well.  I have never sailed on an Excel class ship.  I have only been in a specialty restaurant once on any other cruise line besides Carnival.  If I had done either of these, I may have voted for another restaurant, because I would have had more experiences  to choose from.  And I am sure there are lots of people like me.