The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday December 29th, 2022

rafinmd

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

did an online passport renewal, which is a trial program. I hope they accept the photo I uploaded. It had to be digital and no place around here does those, so I had BFF take the picture. Initially the computer decides if it's ok, but later a government employee checks it also.

I got mine at a FEDEX office.  I hope mine is ok' it looked fine technically but it was at the time I had the reddest lips ever.  It's been a month so far and hasn't been rejected yet so I hope it's ok.

and RIP Pele.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, garlictown said:

😉Decided to get off the ship ( intransit on the Zuiderdam) for a few hours and enjoy Fort Lauderdale....before another 5 days of adventures.  😊Happy Thursday!

Katie, Dennis and Aunt Viviane 

FB_IMG_1672317207580.jpg

Was this at Duffy's?

• Like 3

Good afternoon.  DD and DSIL left about three hours ago.  Before they left, DSIL filled the water tank in the motorhome, but with most of winter still ahead, we didn't fill it completely.

Since then, DH and I made a quick grocery run for two things on sale, one of which they didn't have.  I think we're set for the rest of the year.  The motorhome sheets and towels have been washed, and tomorrow, I'll clean the motorhome.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope your venture outside was a success.  I also hope the aide returned and it was a better experience today.

@dfish  Debbie and @JazzyV Vannessa, I have never liked succotash either.  It's the lima beans.  I also never liked liver and onions.

@durangoscots  Susan, I don't understand people letting their dogs run wild.  I'm glad you found the dog's owner and suggested she get a leash.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I hope Pat got the winning lottery ticket for DD.

@SusieKIslandGirl  Welcome home.  That's good news that DDIL is home, and hope she continues to improve.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope the online passport renewal works. Our passperts will expire in 2025, and online renewal sounds good.

@dfish  Debbie, thanks for the pictures of the Tridge.

RIP Pele.  We enjoyed touring the Pele museum and seeing the stadium in his home town.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Checking back in with a very important announcement - my Mom’s succotash was so good her siblings would always ask that she make it for the Summer family reunions. Why - because traditional New England succotash does NOT use lima beans - it uses cranberry beans, which are only available in the Summer - at least back then. 

I still was not a fan, but it certainly looks better than lima beans. Here’s an article & recipe…

https://www.teachingtable.net/blog/2018/8/7/summer-succotash-new-england-style

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Checking back in with a very important announcement - my Mom’s succotash was so good her siblings would always ask that she make it for the Summer family reunions. Why - because traditional New England succotash does NOT use lima beans - it uses cranberry beans, which are only available in the Summer - at least back then. 

I still was not a fan, but it certainly looks better than lima beans. Here’s an article & recipe…

Ann, thanks for the recipe.  I never heard of cranberry beans, but then any bean, except kidney or butter beans, beat lima beans.  This version sure beats any other I've seen.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting afternoon, DH called the power companya bout our flickering lights.  Turns out that squirrels have been cutting down their teeth by eating on the exposed metal part of the wiring.  They were almost done, when BANG, we lost power.  We went out to make sure they were still both alive, and when we came in the power was restored, except for a few things....like the back of the house, which includes two rooms, and my work station in the living room.  The fuse had gone, so after an hour or so of DH messing with the fuses, I asked about one, and ta da!  He replaced the fuse, but what made that big BANG?  The extension plug that was running my computer and my lamp, and my cell phone charger.  Blew the extension plug.  With one last fuse left, DH got a new extension plug, and again, tada!  it worked, it did work, but the home phone is fried!  And that wasnt part of my extension cord, but in another part of the house.

grrr..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

Hello everyone,

Well, we arrived at our house.  The pod is still in the driveway and there is no furniture in the house.

it is all painted and the floor is down.  It looks beautiful but empty.

I put a call in to Service Masters to find out when they will start the pack in.  Will have the answer tomorrow morning.

Here are some photos of the empty house:

Living Room

A70A77AD-951A-498A-8B16-FF0268D57A11.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone,

Well, we arrived at our house.  The pod is still in the driveway and there is no furniture in the house.

I put a call in to Service Masters to find out when they will start the pack in.  Will have the answer tomorrow morning.

Living Room

E503D82C-3DA1-4F85-8CE5-8739E3D569D6.jpeg

846A440D-BAB4-4F09-AAF0-D646A1C5322D.jpeg

It looks lovely.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I would probably have liked this version.  We got the Birdseye version that came in a frozen box.  It had the lima beans in it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dfish said:

I would probably have liked this version.  We got the Birdseye version that came in a frozen box.  It had the lima beans in it.

My Mom was one of nine children, and I always got a kick out of her siblings greeting us when we arrived at the family reunions with two big pots of it with us. 
Some of my older cousins enjoyed it too. 

My Sister reminded me that Mom often used Shell Beans, if Cranberry Beans were not available. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, cat shepard said:

traditional New England succotash does NOT use lima beans - it uses cranberry beans, which are only available in the Summer - at least back then. 

There's a reason for not using lima beans: they require a long growing season, so might not ripen in northern New England. Cranberry beans are ready to eat as fresh shell beans in 60 days, or for drying in 85, but traditionally are eaten as fresh shell beans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Interesting afternoon, DH called the power companya bout our flickering lights.  Turns out that squirrels have been cutting down their teeth by eating on the exposed metal part of the wiring.  They were almost done, when BANG, we lost power.  We went out to make sure they were still both alive, and when we came in the power was restored, except for a few things....like the back of the house, which includes two rooms, and my work station in the living room.  The fuse had gone, so after an hour or so of DH messing with the fuses, I asked about one, and ta da!  He replaced the fuse, but what made that big BANG?  The extension plug that was running my computer and my lamp, and my cell phone charger.  Blew the extension plug.  With one last fuse left, DH got a new extension plug, and again, tada!  it worked, it did work, but the home phone is fried!  And that wasnt part of my extension cord, but in another part of the house.

grrr..

How frustrating!  I'm sorry to hear of all the electrical problems caused by the tree rats.  I hope everything is put back together safely now.

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone,

Living Room

A70A77AD-951A-498A-8B16-FF0268D57A11.jpeg

Your wide plank floors are beautiful!  Looks like a new house now.  Did your kitchen cabinets and appliances survive or were they damaged, too?

10 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Lovely time at the Gaslamp Fish House. 209F088D-09F4-4442-A2FA-550BFDD1460A.thumb.jpeg.3131ae7aee9973e240b6c0d98c5f40cc.jpeg

I hope you and Jacqui had a marvelous reunion lunch.  

• Like 4