The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 6th, 2023

rafinmd

Ah heck, lets just finish posting the babies,  my last one is Bobagingee.  He showed up in the yard after DH had had his fall, and was still rather fuzzy on what was going on around him.  I asked if we could keep Bob, an d DH said , if he wants to be here, we can, must you must name him Bob.    I patted my lap and said "here Bob" and he came and curled up in my lap.  I brought him in, and he has been with us since that was 2016.

image.thumb.jpeg.cb78d607cc6a8b0f46d78fb21b643876.jpeg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 25
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Graham.  And I know tomorrow you will be thinking of your late parents on their anniversary date.💔  In our family we have many birthday celebrations in January - 10 in all.  We've had 5 already including today.  🎂

Happy January birthdays for your family Sandi.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

happy-birthday-puppy.gif

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  To make up for a missed Monday, our boss is having us work this morning to early afternoon.  Which means the dog needs to be walked before I start work, which means lunch has to be made before I start work, and I need to make breakfast, as I am beginning to sleep later and later due to having to work later and later.....

So another introduction to the fur babies, I have no idea why these two are fuzzy in the pictures, because they  move the least.  The gray square face is Neko, we found her in a box marked Free Kat 17 years ago.  She is the office manager, as she has not left my work area since I started working from home, she often climbs up on the computer while I am in the midst of talking with patrons, and if I leave my work area she will start going around the house screaming at me to get back to work..   Reminds me of my old boss.  The tan monster is Irving.  He is also 17 years old.  Neither of them are in good health, both of them are needy as all get out, and as I write, Irving just climbed in my lap to suck warmth from me.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f3d65787a9f2acf05177862e3baf0da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2845a61727e9c57c2ecb40beeb3e12df.jpeg

a0f5b1f7ecf5e01dd33d58ccc5e0aefe.jpg

They are cute!  Jasper climbs into my lap during meetings to stay warm.

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Ah heck, lets just finish posting the babies,  my last one is Bobagingee.  He showed up in the yard after DH had had his fall, and was still rather fuzzy on what was going on around him.  I asked if we could keep Bob, an d DH said , if he wants to be here, we can, must you must name him Bob.    I patted my lap and said "here Bob" and he came and curled up in my lap.  I brought him in, and he has been with us since that was 2016.

image.thumb.jpeg.cb78d607cc6a8b0f46d78fb21b643876.jpeg

Another cutie, sounds like he adopted you.  

• Like 14

Thank you Rich, double-thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

Yesterday we firmed up our 10-night cruise on MSC to the British Isles in September. I have been checking airfares for the three of us (DSIL, Sue, and I) every so often. Of course with all of the Holiday sales, I got distracted and found a 19-night Transatlantic cruise fare on MSC for about $200 more! Vascillating between the two for the last couple of weeks, I happen to check SAS's website and found the airfare for the three of us was $1,300.00 for their Plus (Premium Economy) cheaper than the last time I looked! We fly to Hamburg via Copenhagen and on return take the train back to Copenhagen to spend a few days. With that we booked our hotels in Hamburg and Copenhagen.

With all of that, we have attempted  to sail on the Rotterdam since it was put in service but needed to cancel twice. Now with the recent HAL sailing announcements we have cancelled our Transpacific for 2024 and will now do - the 2024 British Isles (Part Deux!) in August 2024. Sue really wants to visit there and having two chances should make sure we see what she wants to see. Tentatively we will follow that up with an 11-night MSC cruise to Norway.

Currently hoping the temperatures around here don't take a nose-dive for our cruise from Baltimore in two weeks!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 24

Happy Friday Dailyites.  I'm not big on the days but will wish the best for War Orphans, especially now in Ukraine.  I still have not been to Abijan but will take coffee any time.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Roasted and Raw Carrot Salad. Baked Rigatoni w/ Italian Sausage, and Ricotta Raspberry Tart as served on MS Prinsendam January 6. 2019.

dishes06.jpg

Today’s care list:

Those in path of California storms
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Scrapnana
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Demar Hamlin much improved but still critical

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard The Other Tom
Demar Hamlin’s Medical Team (field AND hospital)
Cruising-along trees gone
Idaho killer in custody
1 day for GTVCRUISER(1/14)  and DeeniEncinetas (Koningsdam 1/7 to 1/31)
Cruisin Terri home ready for return
crystalspin, Copper10-8,Vict0riann, Kazu, Av8rix, crystalspin, Vict0riann, sailingdutchty (1/31)  (Koningsdam  to 1/7), Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14), Aliaschief (Onward  to 1/17) Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25),  indaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 8

@rafinmd. Don't know if you saw it but @kazu just posted on her live thread that the thread was dead because she was medically disembarked. 

I was medically disembarked In Puerto Vallarta because of the concern of 2 days at sea and sepsis.  I may have a story to tell down the road on medical disembarkations when it is not so difficult to type.

It’s especially hard pain wise and immobile arm wise with the angle in the hospital bed.  Not sure I will ever travel solo again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 26

Good morning. When I first dragged the dogs out it was snowing lightly, but now the sun is out. I hope for a few clear days so that I can cut a path into my storage area.... I need to move some things out of the condo and put them aside for transport to the thrift store. Slowly, slowly clearing out.

I was sorry to see @kazupost this morning. The return to cruising is not being kind to some of us. Starts me worrying again.

Have a great day everyone and take care. Back later after review some contracts for the Humane Society that need to be signed if they are o.k and nothing has been slipped in.

Susan

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I was sorry to see @kazupost this morning. The return to cruising is not being kind to some of us. Starts me worrying again.

She has gone thru so much....this is horrible....!!

And it is a huge worry going solo.....I honestly am not sure about my upcoming plans....
  • Like 15

17 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

@rafinmd. Don't know if you saw it but @kazu just posted on her live thread that the thread was dead because she was medically disembarked. 

I was medically disembarked In Puerto Vallarta because of the concern of 2 days at sea and sepsis.  I may have a story to tell down the road on medical disembarkations when it is not so difficult to type.

It’s especially hard pain wise and immobile arm wise with the angle in the hospital bed.  Not sure I will ever travel solo again

Sorry to hear the news about @kazu.  Prayers for her.

• Like 17

Good morning  everyone. I was so sorry to see @kazu's unfortunate  news of a medical disembarkation. I am sending my prayers her way and hope she can get home readily. 

War orphans deserve all the help they can get and I am sure the Ukraine  War has increased their numbers.

We have not been to Ivory Coast and like the recipes for today. We are being very lazy today and ordering take out from our favorite  diner for dinner. 

Take care and enjoy the day!

• Like 18

44 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

I saw that but wondering what I missed.  I didn't think she was having any issues that would cause this.  Was it from the time she was tripped?

Roy

• Like 17

Good morning all!

First of all, I too am so very sorry to hear about Jacqui's @kazumisfortune.  And her cruise seemed to be going well.  Prayers that she will soon be well.

Today will be spent cleaning and prepping for DH's belated birthday party tomorrow.  Everything seems to be on track. 🙂  

Annie @marshhawkthank you for posting photos of all your fur babies.  Every one of them is beautiful!

Quite a combination of days today 😉  I think I'll pass on the meal, drink and red wine and have never been to this port.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I saw that but wondering what I missed.  I didn't think she was having any issues that would cause this.  Was it from the time she was tripped?

Roy

I don't think she has  said, but I noticed she had not been posting as frequently. I hope it can all be cleared up quickly and she can head for home.

Susan

• Like 17

Just was reading quickly through the posts.  Prayers for @kazu.  I understand her concerns about solo travel, and now ---???

We had two days of mostly sunshine, and woke up this morning to flurries.  Hurry up Monday so that I can get to Hawaii!!  Also early this morning got the call from the dermatologist.  I get to have MOHS surgery for the two spots biopsied on December 22.  No dates available till April, so will have the surgery when I return from my TA on the Rotterdam!

So, between snow, and dermatologist call, it is not the best day.  Got my car washed yesterday (yes, I was another one with horribly dirty windows).  So the car will get dirty today, as I am leaving shortly for a mani/pedi.  

Will try to check back in later.  Have a great day everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

@rafinmd I'm not sure what happened with @kazu Jacqui. Her last post indicated her elbow was broken and it wasn't sepsis. I looked back through her posts for several days and didn't see anything indicating pain, fall, etc. She did excursions in a couple of ports. Hopefully she'll feel well enough to keep us updated. 

Karen

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2