The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday January 7th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is Old Rock Day, International Programmers's Day, and National Bobblehead Day

Without music, life would be a mistake.--Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols

Meal Suggestion for today - Roasted Balsamic Chicken With Cranberries
Drink of the Day - Japanese Gin Sour
Wine of the Day - Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling, Columbia Valley, Washington State
Destination of the Day - Ensenada, Baja California Mexico

Eurodam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 13:00 - 23:00

Koningsdam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 1-08

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Chacabuco, Chile eta 1-08

Rotterdam

Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 1-09

Zuiderdam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Picton, New Zealand 08:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Cairns, Queensland Australia 08:00 - 18:00

Capture1.JPG.ef05772b76582f59c3acf844327ed970.JPG

Capture2.JPG.9105ba8507909cc5b78e6bf976f99069.JPG

Roy for Rich

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Good morning Daily-ites from our beautiful Rotterdam.

I could not sleep a wink last night. Something was banging above us. Ugh.. And there's a smoker around here somewhere.

Yesterday as we were going to breakfast some one parked a scooter in the hallway. I had to pick the thing up and move it so I could get my sweet husband's wheelchair around it. I sent a note on Navigator and last night a manager came by and apologized. It's been moved elsewhere..

Roy, if you haven't heard there is a change of plans. San Juan is now Sunday the 8th 10 til 8 and Monday the 9th is a sea day. 

Thank you for covering for Jacqui and Rich.

Sure wish we heard something from @kazu Jacqui. My heart hurts for her.

Today is Amber Cove. I think maybe I'll do a little perouette and be back in time for a light lunch and read my book. Tonight is shrimp special in Canneletto and Trivia.

Lifting prayers this morning for all our friends. Be kind!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

It is Old Rock Day. Thank goodness I don’t want to miss this day. Does that mean all my drinks today are on the rocks. Do I only listen to classic rock. My favorite comedian is Chris Rock. Should I continue? I actually studied rocks, not breaking rocks on a pile of rocks, but took geology in high school and had the same book in college. I guess it hard to have a different book, most rocks do not change in a few years 😎

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 9
  • Haha 14

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Everything is white around here this morning.   Thankfully, there's not enough to shovel.  It looks so pretty.

Interesting days.   Old rock - I guess that's the earth, the third rock from the sun, a very old rock.  A big salute to programmers, I remember making punch cards back in the day.  I don't  have any bobbleheads.

The meal sounds great, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I hope the drink and wine are good too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

No bobbleheads for me, and programmers are extremely important.  I did google old rocks day and it's the rocks that together make up the rock we call home.  I've been to Eneanada once (Carnival Inspiration) and that was enough for me.  I like the quote and the meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Broiled New York Striploin and Pineapple Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam January 7, 2019.

dishes07.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kazu in hospital in Puerto Vallarta
JazzyV pain issues
Those in path of California storms
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Scrapnana
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Demar Hamlin much improved but still critical

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

ns0107.thumb.JPG.4c54233ab60c4a1eb99493829d3d39ce.JPG
Bon Voyage  GTVCRUISER(1/14)  and DeeniEncinetas (Koningsdam 1/7 to 1/31)
Cruisin Terri home ready for return except for bedding
Welcome home crystalspin, Copper10-8,Vict0riann, Av8rix, crystalspin, and Victoriann , sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31), Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14), Aliaschief (Onward  to 1/17) Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25), lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning! It’s another beautiful morning and another day at sea. Enjoying a Latte and the ships health smoothie of the day.

We just lazed around yesterday enjoying a glorious sea day. Attended a couple of lectures, enjoyed a concert by pool. Last evening we had a wonderful meal in Aqualina one of the ship’s specialty venues. We followed dinner by watching our guest pianist who used to open for Liberace in Las Vegas. He was fantastic.

They have a huge brunch spread this morning but we are having a lighter breakfast at Sunset Cafe.

Today we will attend another guest lecture, get some sun and dine at Prime C the ships other speciality restaurant. No added cost for us in a suite. Tonight our Cruise Director will perform in Cabaret Lounge. All the CD’s have impressive theatrical backgrounds and are so talented.

So it’s another day so relaxing I have to check my pulse now and then.

Thanks Roy and special thoughts and prayers for Jacqui that she is being well taken care of.

Bruce

image.jpeg.7b4660c3d47ff2f351031ede7922c600.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cd5f66d3835679fff637cc53e177d7a4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.65cbacedec7aeb04a0a86bfedcca8966.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d9eed034fcfe2c4e29152db1a5e1ec76.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9f6cfb2c6606f8811e4a911d0c834ee2.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Happy Saturday.  Spent a lot of time praying for Kathi and Jacqui last night.  Prayers and hugs for our care list and whoohoo to our celebrations.

Have a loose crown after my visit to the dentist.  The gal had a rough hand.  Getting it glued back on, at their expense the end of the month.

It's 44 degrees this morning.  Too cold for Florida.

Japanese Gin Sour cocktail:

Ingredients
2 ounces Nikka Coffey Grain Japanese whisky
1/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 ounce yuzu juice (or lime juice), freshly squeezed
1/3 ounce Japanese kuromitsu (can substitute honey or molasses)
1/2 ounce egg white
Garnish: 5 drops Angostura bitters
Garnish: 5 drops Peychaud’s bitters
Steps
Add the whisky, lemon juice, yuzu juice, kuromitsu and egg white into a shaker and dry-shake (without ice) vigorously for 10 seconds.
Add large ice cubes and shake again until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
Garnish with the Angostura and Peychaud’s bitters.

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 7.09.55 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 14

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily Roy, on behalf of Rich! It is 43 this morning. The deer are everywhere having breakfast on the go. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists and backing up Rich & Jacqui. Praying that @kazu gets the medical help she needs and recovers quickly. And then I think we need to wrap you in bubble wrap, Jacqui. Then when someone jostles you, or when you misses a step, you will simply bounce. 

Zumba, Bindi walks and taking down the outside Christmas decorations will fill my day. After coffee, of course. 

I have yet to meet a dog that does NOT need to hear this…

FA17696D-3D2E-416D-A2EE-95B074790912.jpeg.1906f4600b1128d62b55577144b7bf18.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!  (Yes, Jacqui, this means YOU).

Chateau Ste. Michelle 2020 Riesling, Columbia Valley, Washington State

I used the 2020 vintage for this post because it has the best ratings and is so widely available, you should easily find it. Not the driest of their Rieslings, but if you pick up a bottle and it is too sweet for you - you can use it as a base for a white Sangria, or for cooking. And not only is it widely available - prices start at $7.98!

Winemaker Notes

Chateau Ste. Michelle sources Riesling from both warmer and cooler parts of the Columbia Valley which provides a range of flavors and styles in the Riesling. The warmer sites add more tropical flavors while the cooler sites bring more pear and lemon-lime notes.

Try it with light pasta and rice dishes, grilled fish, and a wide array of cheese.

W&S90
Wine & Spirits
This wine is the Ste. Michelle Dry Riesling’s kissing cousin, cut from the same cloth but adding a dollop of residual sugar, a whiff of peach fruit to the lemon-lime core of flavors. It’s firm, simple, lively—and another steal.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  It's 35F and clear.  We're expecting 61F and sunny skies the remainder of the day.  I awoke this morning to a text from our 23 year old DGD Ashley who just had her birthday Wednesday.  A simple photo of her beautifully manicured left hand and a lovely diamond engagement ring on her ring finger! 💍 Is seems she and boyfriend Chris are now engaged.  I've been expecting this news for a while now.  I'll be giving them our congratulations later today.  Another date to put on my calendar.

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor posting the Daily for Rich while he enjoys a world cruise.  And thanks to Rich @richwmnfor all your work preparing it ahead of time.  Rocks are important to planet Earth because that's what we're made of.  A salute to programmers, and I can take or leave bobbleheads.  The quote is good, yes to the menu suggestion, no to the drink and maybe to the wine.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list, but especially to Jacqui @kazu.  I'm also praying for Kathi @Scrapnana since she is also having medical issues.  I hope they both come out of this experience wholly healed.  I wish there was something more we could do to help them but hopefully our prayers will work out for them both.  Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list.  We hope your cruises and happy events are all you wished for.

Ensenada, Mexico is today's port and was also the port of the day on October 14, 2022.  It's a port often visited to satisfy PVSA regulations on Hawaii cruises from and to the States.  I was there twice, 2007 on Diamond Princess and 2009 on Golden Princess.   Many people don't even go ashore in Ensenada.  I did the first time and can't remember our second time there.

A few photos from my 2007 Diamond Princess stop in Ensenada.  The huge flag we've all seen when our ship docks there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKy_JMy1eErEQSYTyXIKMWv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799460

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGiAlPXm7_N9vTZn7ZCN_0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799468

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTN1XsAwNIbsKG1SAUtS4N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799469

Acting silly as we strolled the streets00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvS42nIrUdzFWm2eAfwRUZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363800069

And a seal playing on the shore near the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5l0rNFD0Xdr6jxFVu8ChZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363800037

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIM0LWj9LLUznXL1rVZJ15E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799450

Honestly, I've seen a lot worse ports than Ensenada.  Corinto, Nicaragua for instance?

Have a great day and please be safe!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon.

It is 50°F and raining here.

Thank you Roy for the daily reports.

I love most music.

Today's food sounds nice.

Ensenada was our last port on our Grand Princess Hawaiian cruise November/December 2019.

We had a nice walk around the shops but both felt it might not be safe here at night time.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone unwell at present.

• Like 20

Good Saturday morning.  Prayers for all on our Care list including @JazzyV, @kazu and @Scrapnana.  Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Reports Roy!

We are at in  Puerto Limon with the Zuiderdam.  We have a shore excursion this afternoon to do a jungle tour.  Sadly I have a bad cold so I had to drag my suitcase out from under our bed and get my nebulizer out.  That is what I have to do whenever I get a respiratory infection. Thank God it isn't Covid. Our day yesterday.  Canaletto, wine tasting and a beautiful sunset. Have a great Saturday! Nancy 

IMG_20230106_181552756.jpg

IMG_20230106_181544668.jpg

IMG_20230106_180523124_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230106_175514513.jpg

IMG_20230106_175422521.jpg

IMG_20230106_175408012.jpg

IMG_20230106_135128310.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!  

The weatherperson said that a big round yellow thing will appear in our sky today.   I'm looking forward to seeing this once in a long time phenomenon.  Not much on the agenda today except a memorial service for a friend's mom.  

Today's meal sounds good to me!  This first recipe is a sheet pan one, so minimal mess in the kitchen.  You can start your chicken marinating in the morning and then it is ready to go to the oven at dinner time.   https://www.aheadofthyme.com/roasted-balsamic-chicken-with-cranberries/

114915008_balsamicchickenwithcranberries1.thumb.jpg.671b96a15fa0d613f02f7c63f00a5564.jpg

This next one has slightly different seasonings, but it is still as easy as the first.   https://12tomatoes.com/cranberry-balsamic-chicken/

474561388_balsamicchickenwithcranberries2.jpg.fcb516818533fc3248dc37e98d26a723.jpg

This one uses chicken breasts and a touch of maple syrup.   https://thrivinghomeblog.com/cranberry-balsamic-chicken/

814198581_balsamicchickenwithcranberries3.jpg.55ec5c31b5f36244210bd9ad12222940.jpg

Prayers for all our ailing sailors, especially @kazu, @Scrapnana, and any others I have missed.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 35F and clear.  We're expecting 61F and sunny skies the remainder of the day.  I awoke this morning to a text from our 23 year old DGD Ashley who just had her birthday Wednesday.  A simple photo of her beautifully manicured left hand and a lovely diamond engagement ring on her ring finger! 💍 Is seems she and boyfriend Chris are now engaged.  I've been expecting this news for a while now.  I'll be giving them our congratulations later today.  Another date to put on my calendar.

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor posting the Daily for Rich while he enjoys a world cruise.  And thanks to Rich @richwmnfor all your work preparing it ahead of time.  Rocks are important to planet Earth because that's what we're made of.  A salute to programmers, and I can take or leave bobbleheads.  The quote is good, yes to the menu suggestion, no to the drink and maybe to the wine.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list, but especially to Jacqui @kazu.  I'm also praying for Kathi @Scrapnana since she is also having medical issues.  I hope they both come out of this experience wholly healed.  I wish there was something more we could do to help them but hopefully our prayers will work out for them both.  Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list.  We hope your cruises and happy events are all you wished for.

Ensenada, Mexico is today's port and was also the port of the day on October 14, 2022.  It's a port often visited to satisfy PVSA regulations on Hawaii cruises from and to the States.  I was there twice, 2007 on Diamond Princess and 2009 on Golden Princess.   Many people don't even go ashore in Ensenada.  I did the first time and can't remember our second time there.

A few photos from my 2007 Diamond Princess stop in Ensenada.  The huge flag we've all seen when our ship docks there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKy_JMy1eErEQSYTyXIKMWv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799460

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGiAlPXm7_N9vTZn7ZCN_0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799468

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTN1XsAwNIbsKG1SAUtS4N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799469

Acting silly as we strolled the streets00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvS42nIrUdzFWm2eAfwRUZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363800069

And a seal playing on the shore near the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5l0rNFD0Xdr6jxFVu8ChZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363800037

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIM0LWj9LLUznXL1rVZJ15E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363799450

Honestly, I've seen a lot worse ports than Ensenada.  Corinto, Nicaragua for instance?

Have a great day and please be safe!

Great photos and once again we have been to the same place and maybe at the same time. We were on the Golden Princess out of LA in 2009, had our picture taken at that monkey and finally, the last photos seal the deal ! 😀

• Like 14

A true not cruise story about a rock out of this world!

Sometime last century I was just beginning my last semester at college and getting ready to enter the grand auditorium classroom to be taught geology. While another class was just completing a course on the movement of heavenly bodies in space (please keep your mind out of the gutter), we opened the classroom door and looked inside. To our amazement, the Professor teaching the class was Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon! One on my fellow classmates, let’s say his name was Bob, was so impressed that once we could enter the classroom, he rushed down to the Professor’s podium and reached behind the podium and grabbed a piece of chalk. I asked, “What are you doing, Bob”. Which he replied, Neil Armstrong touched this piece of chalk.” For which I replied, “Are you going to get him to sign it” 😀. Needless to say years ago I saw that chalk being offered on eBay, but the only signature left was Armstrong. 😀

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for the Daily Report.  My heart is breaking for @kazu.

3C here today with yet another overcast day.  No snow to be seen anywhere and some ditches still have water in them from all the rain earlier this week. 

We had turkey thighs baked on a sheet pan last night. Not sure what we will have tonight. 

• Like 20

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  We had  a pride of wild lions sleeping on the bed last night.  The usual Tazi, but then elderly Irving showed up, and then Furnando showed up.  Lots of growling on Tazi's part but they all settled down, and my head is killing me this morning, as I couldn't move at all last night.

cat-vs-human-bed-sleep-comics-363737.jpe

c658a9ef245838d5e3311f497b3e7ef7.jpg

@dfishThose meals look very tasty.  I love cranberries. 

I also love the quote today.  I thought of the Stones when Old Rock was mentioned. @StLouisCruisers congratulations to you DGD on her engagement.

Thank you all for the information about my up coming cruise ship.  Too bad there is no deli, but heck, I dont need the bread anyway.

I am going to try and do this 20 days away from home with a  carryon.  Lots of mixing and matching, I wont be glamorous, but it's Alaska, on a ship with lots of adventures.  Does anyone really care if I wear the same things more than once?

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 26

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  We had  a pride of wild lions sleeping on the bed last night.  The usual Tazi, but then elderly Irving showed up, and then Furnando showed up.  Lots of growling on Tazi's part but they all settled down, and my head is killing me this morning, as I couldn't move at all last night.

cat-vs-human-bed-sleep-comics-363737.jpe

c658a9ef245838d5e3311f497b3e7ef7.jpg

@dfishThose meals look very tasty.  I love cranberries. 

I also love the quote today.  I thought of the Stones when Old Rock was mentioned. @StLouisCruisers congratulations to you DGD on her engagement.

Thank you all for the information about my up coming cruise ship.  Too bad there is no deli, but heck, I dont need the bread anyway.

I am going to try and do this 20 days away from home with a  carryon.  Lots of mixing and matching, I wont be glamorous, but it's Alaska, on a ship with lots of adventures.  Does anyone really care if I wear the same things more than once?

Annie

I was only on the Niew Amsterdam for 7 days for an Alaskan cruise and loved the ship, the service and wonderful crew. I also spent a week prior to the cruise in Seward and Denali. And then a couple days in Vancouver and Seattle. 

My cruise visited Hubbard glacier, Glacier Bay, Skagway/Haines, and Ketchikan. 

I might be able to find the links to some of my “reports”, if interested. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from mostly sunny central Texas  where it is currently 56F.  The forecast is calling for highs between 63F and 78F for the next ten days.  I have no complaints with that.  Right now there is  north wind.  I just looked at my across the street neighbor's tree and most of the leaves have fallen, and most of the fallen leaves have already blown into our yard.  Hopefully, I won't have to get the leaves out of the port many more times this winter.

Old Rock Day is one to celebrate since without the third rock from the sun, we wouldn't be here.  I also took a geology class my freshman year at UT, and particularly enjoyed the first semester which was studying the different types of rocks.  DH was a programmer writing a software program that was licensed by refineries, chemical plants and papermills, and which gave us a good, comfortable life and retirement.  We don't have any bobblehead dolls.

I like the Friedrich Nietzsche quote.  We need music in our lives.

We'll pass on the meal and drink.  Today's wine Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling is my go to white wine.  It has just a hint of sweetness and is not too dry.  Their dry Riesling is too dry for me, and the late harvest Riesling is too sweet.  I have almost two cases stashed in the closet.  Around Christmas, I could get 25% off if I bought six or more bottles of wine.

We have been to Ensenada several times, and I'll repost my pictures in a few minutes.

@aliaschief  Bruce, do you mind sharing the name of the guest pianist?  We were on a cruise once years ago with a pianist who worked with Liberace in Las Vegas.  I'm very glad you are enjoying the cruise.

@summer slope  Dixie, I hope the crown doesn't give you too much trouble until you can get it reglued.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for the picture of the beautiful sunrise or sunset at sea.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks again for the link to the Ensenada pictures.  Congratulations on your DGD's engagement.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry you have a bad cold, and I hope it clears up soon.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today is a bright sunny day, hopefully that will last.  I went out this morning and got my inspection sticker for my car. I’m good for another year.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and @dfish pictures and recipes confirm that thought.  I’m sending well wishes to those on our care list.

The day after national bean day means:

image.thumb.png.01e40f751821a4e3929a4c2d240841c6.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 12

We've been to Ensenada at least six times, with our most recent two stops last March on Koningsdam.  Our first time there in 2012 on Golden Princess, we did not get off the ship, because or tablemates told us it was not worth seeing.  Beginning with our Veendam stop in 2014, we have gone into town all but one or two stops.  Last March I went in the day we were there all day, but the next time we stayed on the ship.

In 2014, because Veendam could not stop in Lahaina due to rough seas, Captain Peter Bos, headed to Ensenada with arrival timed for an afternoon and evening there.  Since we had more daytime in port, we took a tour of the town and to La Bufadora, the blow hole.  Our first stop was an old hotel or maybe it was an old night club that has been restored and has become the civic center.

DSC00843.thumb.JPG.57973a5c1818e1e318a18e74997ea15f.JPG

Centro  Social, Civico, y Cultural, Riviera de Ensenada

DSC00844.thumb.JPG.0bc45c771427286f7755562156967f00.JPG

DSC00849.thumb.JPG.503f1f85a0783942dee32add38f86033.JPG

DSC00853.thumb.JPG.97aaf1fcbb69bcfd6b5131c3c8012b32.JPG

DSC00854.thumb.JPG.147aba9fbddd30ad0bbc90bddac4b3e6.JPG

DSC00867.thumb.JPG.0f975d24b5ff6b2b79b58adf3c79091a.JPG

La Bufadora

DSC00875.thumb.JPG.77b89e1b5eb3bc326c0ed501017d302a.JPG

DSC00882.thumb.JPG.a212c111fb5f2feeb1fff38c67fdc51d.JPG

The shopping gauntlet getting to and from the blow hole

DSC00891.thumb.JPG.bf3c8e321f8a85c35892f9be08d0fe4e.JPG

The shopping street in Ensenada on a couple of visits

DSC03140.thumb.JPG.b3cb71bd306bac61545684945cbdbf71.JPG

DSC09723.thumb.JPG.5cadcd3607a349fd8040bf4149e8d6a6.JPG

DSC09725.thumb.JPG.ff57351db873433d247b8380995f5e71.JPG

This year, instead of the shuttle dropping us off near the middle of the shopping street, the shuttle stopped at an old building that is being restored near the far end of the main street.  The area looked a little dodgy when we left the building so I attached myself to a group of people until we got to the main street.

The plaza in the building at the shuttle drop off

DSC09727.thumb.JPG.fd12ca34cba54dc9f9b5c532f7119be4.JPG

In March 2012, the sealions were gathered on the rocks near the ship and boy were they "talking".

P1040045.thumb.JPG.fa4032a5d9bcaf210e2d807d42db8636.JPG

Another time, they were swimming near the ship, so they were quieter.

DSC03134.thumb.JPG.1ee535c87ab1b5d1610d07204c9b709b.JPG

This year, we were at a different dock in the same complex where we have always docked.  The building was closed except for going through security. The grounds around the building were nice.

DSC09732.thumb.JPG.1a60691b964ef36af27f6650f94d4211.JPG

DSC09733.thumb.JPG.c49e9ab940ca01014982ffcc879e2737.JPG

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4