The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday January 7th, 2023

rafinmd

26 minutes ago, summer slope said:

For those of you dailyites who have cruised from San Diego to Hawaii, is the trip really rocky. May need to get my nervous pills refilled before next year. 

Dixie

we had one day of “rolling swells” going to Hawaii, but that was it. Not sure if there is any way to predict the waves. Perhaps you should bring your pills as insurance. 

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Dixie

we had one day of “rolling swells” going to Hawaii, but that was it. Not sure if there is any way to predict the waves. Perhaps you should bring your pills as insurance. 

I agree. Bring reinforcement! Our worst cruise was Alaska coming from Kodiak. Barf!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

For those of you dailyites who have cruised from San Diego to Hawaii, is the trip really rocky. May need to get my nervous pills refilled before next year. 

I found it was quite rocky the first 3 days and my DD was really bothered.I always bring bonine and ginger and it was effective.We had smooth sailing after that.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

I found it was quite rocky the first 3 days and my DD was really bothered.I always bring bonine and ginger and it was effective.We had smooth sailing after that.

I don’t get seasick, I just get scared. Will plan on having my prescription renewed. Thanks everybody.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

I had a fairly quiet cruise from LA to Hawaii, but BFF takes Dramamine regardless for the whole trip; I didn't take anything at all.

• Like 9

Good evening.
Spent the day at our house opening boxes.  Got a lot of work done setting up the den.  We worked for about 5 hours.  Then went our for dinner.

Will do more of the same tomorrow.

I am saddened to hear of Jacqui’s dilemma and prayers go out to her.

Also I have been following @Scrapnana (Kathi)’s problems and her recent diagnosis.  Prayers for her as well.

House is coming along and we are still looking at moving in on Wednesday or Thursday.  Not sure the apartment will be cleared out but we will be sleeping at home.

YAY!

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Terri

• Like 16

Good evening. The day got away from me, I slept in the latest I ever have. DGD Summer woke up an hour after I did and was starving. Thank goodness Papa was out and went to Chipotle for her. I made pizza for lunch. 
84265BA5-A2EB-484E-B8B7-9C594DCAC1C2.thumb.jpeg.9e27a13512f3dd458e94f0ce0c7eec4b.jpeg

I have been to Ensenada twice. Once on a Carnival cruise about 23 years ago. I took a nice excursion to the wine country. More recently, Craig and I were there on the Koningsdam October 2021. We only walked around the port area. 
634F0797-B104-4E92-8617-55B14AF6654F.thumb.jpeg.de3ddb8145068848ea5ae11c4a6e1dbe.jpeg

We will be there again in one year again on the Koningsdam on our Circle Hawaii cruise. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, if you can figure out which cabin the smoker is you can report it and maybe even if you just know the area it’s coming from. We had a smoker next to us on our Med cruise June 2022 Oosterdam and I reported it and no more smoking after that.  Turns out there were 4 in the cabin, an older mother, her daughter and 2 rowdy  children. These were Neptune Suites. I peeked into their cabin when it was being cleaned, OMG I have never seen such a mess. I felt so sorry for our stewards having to work around the mess. We seemed to always sit next to them at breakfast in the PG.  The table was the same way. 

Prayers for Jacqui and Kathi. 

Have a great evening. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

Not San Diego, but on our circle Hawaii from Vancouver, BC, we had smooth waters for all ten sea days. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Sharon in AZ  That pizza looks really good.  I know I had dinner two hours ago, but that Pizza looks really good....pizza...........

It was really good. Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh oregano, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, olive oil.  Craig thought the crust was too thick but he’s not the one making it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

Did Vancouver to Hawaii once and there were times where it was not nice. Went top deck forward and felt a bit green.  The ugliest ever was at night going from Lahaina to Oahu, almost fell out of bed, and that was mid ship, deck 5.  Still though, doing it again April 2024, San Diego, Hawaii, Vancouver  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Seasick Sailor and @summer slope I love rough seas, so that's not a problem, but why was the trip scary?  We are doing Vancouver to Kodiak in May,  was it rough?  cold?  lots of listing?  Let me know please.

It was really rocky, waves hitting over the promenade deck.  I’m a sissy when things get really rocky. Only lasted a day. 

• Like 5