New to Princess : Breakfast on disembarkation day?

kitiara

It wil be our first time sailing with Princess Cruises (Regal March 19th). We need to disembark as soon as possible in Fort Lauderdale (walk-off) to catch a 11AM flight to Canada. What is our best option for a very quick breakfast on disembarkation day? Room Service ordered in advanced? The Buffet? Just grabbing some pastries at the International Cafe or Buffet to eat while waiting in line to disembark?

We would like to be at FLL for 8:30 so if skipping breakfast altogether is necessary, we will! Any suggestion is welcome.

There's no room service on the last morning. Recommend buffet if you're looking for fastest, but they move you through in the mdr very quickly that last morning. If you decide on mdr, you might want to order whatever is the featured dish. That comes out faster.

15 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

There's no room service on the last morning. Recommend buffet if you're looking for fastest, but they move you through in the mdr very quickly that last morning. If you decide on mdr, you might want to order whatever is the featured dish. That comes out faster.

If you are in a suite I think you can get a limited menu breakfast room service…I recall having a breakfast delivered at like , 6 am when we were in a suite, but that was a few years ago.

• Like 1

I had a rare (for me) diabetic hypo at 5:30am on embarkation morning and was able to order something using OceanNow to our cabin at 6am! Quite limited on breakfast items though 😀  Backup was to wake up my other half, get him to throw some clothes on and go along to the International Cafe but they saved the day.

Edited by dides

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Was on Enchanted Aug 22......we ordered room service for disembarkation morning ,,, there was no notices/info to say you couldnt...needless to say it never arrived.
Lesson learnt !

I want to say the full buffet will open a tad earlier than normal. E.g. 5:00 or 5:30 AM

The international cafe is open 24hours a day. The MDR will also be open, but likely too slow for your needs.

That being said, the port is right by the airport... about a ten minute drive. I don't think you'll have too many problems with an 11 AM flight.

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

On Dicovery they offered room service on last morning. So did other ships we were on recently including Crown and Ruby.

4 minutes ago, ldtr said:

On Dicovery they offered room service on last morning. So did other ships we were on recently including Crown and Ruby.

Good to hear, but that's not what I've seen. I imagine this will make a lot of people happy.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, Mike07 said:

I want to say the full buffet will open a tad earlier than normal. E.g. 5:00 or 5:30 AM

The international cafe is open 24hours a day. The MDR will also be open, but likely too slow for your needs.

That being said, the port is right by the airport... about a ten minute drive. I don't think you'll have too many problems with an 11 AM flight.

On the Enchanted the full breakfast buffet began at 6 AM on disembarkation day although I did see some food set out slightly earlier, I'm not sure if your were allowed to take it. 

You will have time to do any of the dining options and easily make it to the ship.  We ate breakfast in Sabatini's (suite breakfast) the last morning and were off the Enchanted at 7:30 AM last month.  We took a taxi to the airport and were through TSA before 8 AM.  That early there are no crowds.  So you should be able to relax and eat whatever you want the last day.

• Like 3

On our last cruise (disembarked early January) the latest time to get off was 9:30 but they called us about 9:15.  And yes one of the dining rooms was open for a relaxed breakfast with the full normal menu available. We got done too early so waited the rest of the time in our assigned lounge.