The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 16th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is Appreciate a Dragon Day, National Nothing Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. - Will Rogers

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Marsala
Drink of the Day - Blueberry Margarita
Wine of the Day - Louis Jadot Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru, Burgundy, France
Destination of the Day - Hiroshima City, Japan Hiroshima

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii eta 1-20

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya eta 1-17

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana eta 1-17

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 1-17

Rotterdam (Revised Itinerary)

At Sea Destination St Thomas, USVI, eta 1-17
rd0114.JPG.6f41bb10ca60eedee6b2aa458a0b0268.JPG

Volendam

Pisco, Puerto General San Martin, Peru 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera 13:00 - 19:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Nuku Hiva Island, Taiohae, Marquesas French Poly eta 1-18

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Burnie, Tasmania Australia 07:30 - 19:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Singapore eta 1-19

Capture1.JPG.2dc08e2cbbd27fbff6b8d3ba4e08ddba.JPG

Capture2.jpg.5ed927f662d11ee4254f5734a802dff4.jpg

Roy reporting for Rich

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.

It is currently 30°F and snowing.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Roy.

Thank you also Ann, Debbie and Dixie for our food and beverage explanations.

Today is a Nothing day for me.

Today's food sounds good.

Best wishes for everyone who are unwell.

I hope everyone is safe and well and have a fantastic day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230116_105224.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good Monday morning.  We had to have an evacuation last night. Once we cleared the port out Captain came on the mic and said we needed to evacuate someone and it would be attempted by boat.  It was finally completed at around 8:30 just as the Ravens game was kicking off. I have no details other than what we could see port side aft. There was cooperation by nearby ships, a fishing trawler anchored near us lit up the side of the ship and other tugs assisted on the other side.  Prayers for this person and for all on our Care List and the people of Dnipro Ukraine. 

Some photos of last evening and the masses of jellyfish drawn by the ship's lighting. Nancy

IMG_20230115_200542899_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230115_195803617.jpg

IMG_20230115_195143310.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 12

Good morning Daily-ites. We are at sea on the lovely Rotterdam. Last night was so beautiful on the balcony. I read til 1 am.

Today will be a little bit of nothing. Trivia, pool reading, and meeting a couple at Pinnacle for dinner tonight.

Thank you Roy for double duty. 

Wishing all heartfelt prayers, especially Tana, Kathi, Jacqui, and people of Ukraine. A tragedy.

I'm thinking of @DeeniEncinitas on her Konigsdam cruise.

Have a great day, whether busy or doing nothing!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A good day to do nothing.  I'm not sure I want to celebrate dragons. 

Today's a good day to celebrate the life and teaching of Dr King.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'm sure the drink and wine are good too.

Prayers for our crazy world.

• Like 18

Good morning! All things do come to an end and today is our last day of the cruise. It has been a good one. Will be home for a couple of weeks then it’s off to Cancun to our time share for two weeks. Catching up on all our Covid cancellations is keeping us busy.

It’s a small world sometimes. Ate in the MDR last and started talking to the couple at table next to us. Turns out we live six miles from them! Last night’s dinner theme was China. I had egg drop soup and a delicious beef stir fry. We skipped dessert and went to the first show and watched the singer and dancers who are very talented and put on a great show.

We turned our clocks back an hour last night so we enjoyed the extra hour.

Headed off to breakfast. Thanks for the Reports and here’s wishing all a good week.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.399bc3ee915af742ba626d8b88395119.jpegimage.jpeg.83ead22b481ac4ab22b3915e91a3a641.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f7d91146222de6db2e0e86681f42794a.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Good morning friends!  It's freezing, 32F and will rise to about 60 with clouds later today.  Though I prefer sunshine I can live with that.  Thanks Roy for posting the Daily and Rich for creating it.  I appreciate the fact there are no real dragons nearby, and love the fact we are celebrating not celebrating according to Graham's @grapau27definition.  We always honor Martin Luther King, too.  The quote is ironic isn't it?  The chicken marsala sounds good.  And our port of Hiroshima City, Japan is another new one.  But two Japanese ports in a row is unusual.  No I don't think I've been there before.  I'm sure someone will have some photos today.

Prayers for all on the Care list, Jacqui, Kathi, and Tana, and the citizens of Ukraine who continue to suffer and die.  Wasn't the Volendam in Peru yesterday?  I feel so badly for the person who had to med-evac from the ship last night as Nancy @ottahand7reported.  It has to be frightening that far from home with unknown medical care.  Cheers to all on the Celebration list and everyone else enjoying good fortune.  

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! All things do come to an end and today is our last day of the cruise. It has been a good one. Will be home for a couple of weeks then it’s off to Cancun to our time share for two weeks. Catching up on all our Covid cancellations is keeping us busy.

It’s a small world sometimes. Ate in the MDR last and started talking to the couple at table next to us. Turns out we live six miles from them! Last night’s dinner theme was China. I had egg drop soup and a delicious beef stir fry. We skipped dessert and went to the first show and watched the singer and dancers who are very talented and put on a great show.

We turned our clocks back an hour last night so we enjoyed the extra hour.

Headed off to breakfast. Thanks for the Reports and here’s wishing all a good week.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.399bc3ee915af742ba626d8b88395119.jpegimage.jpeg.83ead22b481ac4ab22b3915e91a3a641.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f7d91146222de6db2e0e86681f42794a.jpeg

Thanks for your continued cruise update. Chinese theme at dinner sounds great. I always wondered for many years why this had not happened on HAL or other cruise lines.

• Like 17

Good Morning from a very cool day at the beach. 
    We had a very cold weekend but it is January. Suppose to start warming up again today. This kind of weather is not unusual for us this time of year. Luckily it goes not last. 
      We had a spectacular launch last nite. Unfortunately I did not take pictures. It was really beautiful! Lots of people out on the beach . 
      Off to Orlando this morning for the dermatologist. Hoping it will be a quick and easy visit. Although he always manages to find something! Oh well. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 23

Thank you Rich & Roy for today’s Report & Daily!  It was 35 when Bindi & I headed out this morning. She did not waste a minute before heading us back in for breakfast. Once the sun comes up, it will be another lovely day. Especially if it is not windy. 

Roy thank you for doing all you do!  Off to the gym, chores and Bindi walks. Need to fast this evening, since the blood work for my annual physical gets drawn early tomorrow. 

9DC81FFE-66C9-4F39-9359-4B37553508A6.jpeg.0ff352dfdd22691106a1118015bc3a70.jpeg

E9BF7151-DC70-4A34-9142-FEAFDCE8B1A9.jpeg.704c478dc21c98d9f6a3b3968b07ea68.jpeg

Orayers for all who need our support, especially Sarah, Tana, Kathi and Jacqui. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well and stay well everyone!

Louis Jadot Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru, Burgundy, France

The name just reeks expensive. And it is. I would love a taste, but the cork isn’t even in my budget. Excellent ratings for all released vintages. I used the 2019 vintage info. A decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $259.00.

Winemaker Notes

This wine is deeply colored, with an intense bouquet of black currants and other black and red berries. The mature wine often has aromas of musk or licorice. Made for aging, the wine will improve for 20 to 25 years in the bottle.

Serve with elaborate and strongly flavored foods such as mutton, boeuf bourguignon, coq au vin, game or game pâté and strong cheeses.

RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru (Maison Louis Jadot) bursts with aromas of loamy soil, blackberries, dark chocolate, spices and grilled meats. Medium to full-bodied, round and fleshy, with chewy tannins and a generous core of fruit, it's a hearty, rather old-fashioned red Burgundy.

Barrel Sample: 90-92

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for your continued cruise update. Chinese theme at dinner sounds great. I always wondered for many years why this had not happened on HAL or other cruise lines.

The theme of the night doesn’t mean everyone has to eat Chinese there’s other options.

How good is new Starlink internet connection?

Yesterday I downloaded a Kindle E-Book in less then two minutes.

One thing you have to realize the rooms are smaller and really small bathrooms in many cabins. Take some You Tube tours of these ships.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I woke up to a beautiful sunrise this morning.  Hopefully the sun will shine down on us all day.  I will pass on the food and beverages today.  I haven't been to the port.  

I spent most of the day being very productive yesterday while my husband watched some NFL games.  I think I washed almost every blanket in the house.  I even managed to take some time to work on one of my counted cross stitch projects.  

• Like 19

Good morning, everyone!

Blue skies will greet us this morning, but clouds and rain are moving in later this afternoon.  Yesterday was a beautiful day and I went on a nice long walk to enjoy it.  Today is back to the gym for class.  I think I'll celebrate Nothing Day along with Martin Luther King, Jr.  

Today's meal is a keeper.  I may not make it tonight, but I think I definitely have to make it sometime.  

Chicken marsala (Italian: Scaloppine di pollo al Marsala) is an Italian-American dish of chicken escalopes in a Marsala wine sauce. It is a variation of traditional Italian scaloppina dishes, of which there are many varieties throughout Italy. The dish dates to the 19th century, when it may have originated with English families who lived in western Sicily, where Marsala wine is produced.

Slices of chicken breast are coated in flour, briefly sautéed, and then removed from the pan, which is then used to make a Marsala reduction sauce. The sauce is made by reducing the wine to nearly the consistency of a syrup while adding garlic. The sauce is then poured over the chicken, which has been kept in a warming oven, and served immediately.

A favorite memory is that my dad used to make chicken livers marsala for us on holidays.  After opening presents on Christmas morning, we'd sit down to a plate of chicken livers and English muffins.  They were so good.

Our first recipe makes it look so easy!   https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/chicken-marsala.html

109506443_chickenmarsala1.thumb.jpg.f778628ca2b635c7d3adcc51dc25e35a.jpg

Our second recipe is courtesy of Tyler Florence and the Food Network.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-marsala-recipe-1951778

60277276_chickenmarsala2.thumb.jpeg.c14e18dcecadb1270c844be73f0eb6e4.jpeg

This next recipe makes me want to sit down and eat it now.   https://cafedelites.com/creamy-chicken-marsala/

1374191246_chickenmarsala3.thumb.jpg.8251b41e6d73a21116099fa4933f351d.jpg

The only problem here is which recipe to use.   Wishing everyone a wonderful day and special thoughts out to Tana, Jacqui, and Kathi.  Hope Terri is still enjoying being home.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13

10 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

The theme of the night doesn’t mean everyone has to eat Chinese there’s other options.

How good is new Starlink internet connection?

Yesterday I downloaded a Kindle E-Book in less then two minutes.

One thing you have to realize the rooms are smaller and really small bathrooms in many cabins. Take some You Tube tours of these ships.

I understand that you had other options, but please HAL how ‘bout bringing back in MDR shrimp tempura, or add jewels of the sea or having the wasabi and soy beef tenderloin. Oh, I know, that’s called Tamarind. 😀

• Like 13

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and recipes.  Waking up to a beautiful snowy morning, one of our first this winter.  I plan to celebrate nothing day by doing exactly that.  Funny quote today and true as well.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious as does today’s drink suggestion.  I haven’t been to today’s port but it’s on my bucket list.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer and those that need them.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 20

Good  morning  to all.It is a little warmer today at 34 with beautiful  blue skies.I will celebrate  Martin Luther King Jr Day as well as nothing day.We have not been to the port but love chicken marsala.The recipes look great and the one I use is similar to Tyler Florence's effort. Once again,hungry already!

I spent another long night trying to help Tana.She gets so sick so quickly and an already difficult  situation  becomes quite scary. We appreciate  the extra prayers  and thank you all.The nurse is coming soon to check on her. They are usually here only twice a week when things are going smoothly  but certainly step up when needed.

It has always interested me how much our pets seem to know when we need them for comfort.The two dogs were as close to her bed as the equipment  allows all night.They usually curl up together on their beds in the living room but were on guard duty last night.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Like @Mr. Bostonwe woke up to a nice coating of snow and it’s still coming down, this is the most we’ve gotten this winter.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, DH would pick out the mushrooms.  I wish I could celebrate do nothing day but it is a work day for me.  Yesterday we did manage to put everything back into the attic.  It was a tight fit since we lost most of the available storage space.  Over time it will encourage us to declutter it a bit.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.76805f4b37500f81452fc3a21cdc4c27.png

• Like 25

Good morning everyone.

It is a cold 32 degrees here in Bluffton.  

We are happy to be home but there is so much work to do. 

Yesterday we tried to se up our TVs.  Unfortunately we discovered the Sony TV in the Den did not survive the ordeal and has a cracked screen.  I will have to contact the insurance company and see if they will do anything for us.  Can’t get any picture or sound or anything from it.  The TV is not that old—only about 3 years.  

There are loads of boxes that have to be collapsed and taken away.  My house is a mess right now.

More work on the agenda for today.  Cannot be a “Do nothing day” for us.

@smitty34877 Keeping Tana in our prayers and hope you are able to get some rest too.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Blueberry Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts DeKuyper® Blueberry Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Sauza® Silver Tequila
4 parts Sour Mix

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a margarita glass with crushed ice.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 9.02.02 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  36 degrees and sunny in the holler this morning.  Weather forecast for the week, warmer with rain.  I celebrated do nothing yesterday.  DH thinks that his vaccine is catching up with him, and he has been a bit under the weather.  So we stayed in and watched the end of season 7 of Vera, touched base with a few football games, and watched the end of the Dakar race.  And then we found on Peacock, Road to Perfection, the 70 year history of Formula 1.  I made him turn it off at 11.

Since I did nothing yesterday, I have a ton of stuff to do today, including a zoom training at 4 for one job and right after that go to the other job. (travel time from one job to the other? less than 30 seconds...LOL)   I need to grocery shop today, and tomorrow I work both jobs for a full day of work.

I believe in dragons.  They are portrayed in art in all cultures as far as I can tell.  But they disappeared in the middle ages.

09315059a50f62d4c841b20946e5c782.gif

@dfishI printed the first recipe, and will give it to DH.  He loves that meal.

@rafinmdThank you so much for rising early and getting our day  started!  And thank you for working double duty!  It is most appreciated.

For those getting snow,  @grapau27@Mr. Boston, @Crazy For Cats, I am jealous.  After the weather we had last week, winter would be lovely .

I was watching the weather news, and Durango was on the map for some big heavy snowfall.

I hope you all have a great day!

• Like 20

Tough choices today to celebrate the Day.  Do I dig thru the closet to find my suit of armor to battle the dragon, or do I just do nothing to celebrate nothing day?  Well, I guess that is going to be an easier decision than I thought it would be.  There is nothing better than nothing.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning  to all.It is a little warmer today at 34 with beautiful  blue skies.I will celebrate  Martin Luther King Jr Day as well as nothing day.We have not been to the port but love chicken marsala.The recipes look great and the one I use is similar to Tyler Florence's effort. Once again,hungry already!

I spent another long night trying to help Tana.She gets so sick so quickly and an already difficult  situation  becomes quite scary. We appreciate  the extra prayers  and thank you all.The nurse is coming soon to check on her. They are usually here only twice a week when things are going smoothly  but certainly step up when needed.

It has always interested me how much our pets seem to know when we need them for comfort.The two dogs were as close to her bed as the equipment  allows all night.They usually curl up together on their beds in the living room but were on guard duty last night.

Sending more prayers 🙏 your way Terry for Tana.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1