Diamond Plus Question?

Tigers2

We are Diamond Plus and finally able to cruise again!  We booked a B2B in June and was trying to plan our onboard options and noticed these DP staples aren't listed on the C&A benefit chart. Do these benefits still come with the DP status?:

1 FREE picture?

FREE Laundry bag?

2 Days of FREE Voom/on-line internet service?

BOGO specialty restaurant?

Thank you in advance for your insight!

Edited by Tigers2

Just now, Tigers2 said:

We are Diamond Plus and finally able to cruise again!  We booked a B2B in June and was trying to plan our onboard options and noticed these DP staples aren't listed on the C&A benefit chart. Do these benefits still come with the DP status?:

1 FREE picture?

FREE Laundry bag?

Yes...per D+ member.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tigers2 said:

1 FREE picture?

FREE Laundry bag?

They are on board benefits and have never been listed on Roydls brnefit chart.

You will get s letter in your stateroom detailing sll of the on board benefits. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

Are You sure? I got 2 times 24 hours last month on the Explorer.  When you sign in you can see how much time is left from your 24 hours period.

Welcome back! Long time no sea. ☺️

8 hours ago, caribbeanboy said:

Are You sure? I got 2 times 24 hours last month on the Explorer.  When you sign in you can see how much time is left from your 24 hours period.

It’s actually a dollar amount and when you log in to VOOM you have the option of using that to purchase a day for free or apply to the whole cruise

We are booked on a 12-day in March. I called Crown & Anchor desk and was told our Diamond Plus status only got us $10 off a bag of laundry. Don't they typically offer a laundry discount to the general public anyway a few days into a cruise? So, where is the benefit. Unless would we get $10 off THAT price?

I see on the chart on the website, there are basically 7 additional perks offered to Diamond Plus over Diamond, and over half of them only kick in when you've reached 350 points. 

4 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

We are booked on a 12-day in March. I called Crown & Anchor desk and was told our Diamond Plus status only got us $10 off a bag of laundry. Don't they typically offer a laundry discount to the general public anyway a few days into a cruise? So, where is the benefit. Unless would we get $10 off THAT price?

I see on the chart on the website, there are basically 7 additional perks offered to Diamond Plus over Diamond, and over half of them only kick in when you've reached 350 points. 

Royal doesn't list on board perks on the website so they can change them at any time.  CAS on board offers will be in a letter in your cabin upon boarding. 

23 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It’s actually a dollar amount and when you log in to VOOM you have the option of using that to purchase a day for free or apply to the whole cruise

Do you know how it works if you buy the VOOM package before you cruise? I see that there is a discount if you buy it before you board. The pre-board discount is equivalent to $60 on a 12-day cruise. If I wait until I board, the D+ discount would be equivalent to $50. So it would actually be a better deal if I purchase ahead of time. I'm just wondering if  I would get the D+ discount in addition to the pre-board discount?

A D+ discount does not show up in my cart when I go to check out.

31 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Do you know how it works if you buy the VOOM package before you cruise? I see that there is a discount if you buy it before you board. The pre-board discount is equivalent to $60 on a 12-day cruise. If I wait until I board, the D+ discount would be equivalent to $50. So it would actually be a better deal if I purchase ahead of time. I'm just wondering if  I would get the D+ discount in addition to the pre-board discount?

The D+ discount isn’t available for pre cruise purchase.  What we usually do on longer than 5 night cruises is I buy the internet, then my husband uses his 2 days and then we transfer my 2 days to him so he has 4 days of internet. He usually logs on around noon and gets it until noon the next day.  If he needs more, I just log off my account and he logs in.

5 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

The D/D+ discounts only apply to onboard purchases. Sounds like your pre cruise discount is better to book that. And you can not go and get the additional discount added onboard. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Please note that some terms of the posted letter have changed .  D+ ( and often Pinnacle) no longer have access to the concierge lounge.  You will have Diamond Lounge access.

Also, the  laundry is a wash and fold service of specific items only.  

Enjoy

M

23 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

$10 off is for D, D+ is one free bag. Last cruise was two months ago and a free D+ laundry bag for both of us. 

• Like 1