Changing cabins once onboard with kids (Aqua/Inside)

tomservo

I want to book Aqua class with my wife and an inside for my kids (I don't want to pay AQ prices for my kids), however Celebrity won't let me book an Inside with their names on it because they are too young (8 and 6). If we booked one adult and one kid in each cabin, could we switch the names onboard so that my wife could eat in Blu and go to the spa? Either way we would have one adult in each cabin. When I spoke to the Celebrity booking agent they insisted that we could switch the names once onboard, but I wanted to confirm whether or not this was the case. Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

To be honest no one will be standing in the hall checking which bedroom you sleep in.    Most that have done similar that I've read about just it and didn't say anything to Celebrity.   That process may not work depending on whether you want to eat with your kids.    If you booked that way you may be in MDR and spouse in Blu.   They do not permit not AQ guests except Suites on space available basis.  

This is a bad idea.

Is your goal to eat with the family in Blu, or are you just trying to get access to the thermal spaces? If you’re looking to dine with the family in Blu, you’ll almost certainly run into issues on board with the hostess/maitre’d. Celebrity limits AQ rooms to two passengers, essentially to keep kids out of AQ and Blu.

The only exceptions for children in Blu is when an adult takes a child on a solo trip. Or one-offs for suite guest who want something other than Luminae for the evening… otherwise it’s kind of a no-kids space. 

Edited by AstoriaPreppy
  • Like 1

When you go to the spa you have to give your seapass card.  If your wife is not in Aqua her card will show that and she will not be able to enoy the spa for free. Same with Blu, your wife's card will show she is not in Aqua class.

As far as dining, there is no issue with kids being in Aqua class and dining to Blu. The limitation of Aqua is only 2 people per cabin.  You don't see many kids in Blu but there are some either from Aqua class or in the Retreat.

48 minutes ago, tomservo said:

I want to book Aqua class with my wife and an inside for my kids (I don't want to pay AQ prices for my kids), however Celebrity won't let me book an Inside with their names on it because they are too young (8 and 6). If we booked one adult and one kid in each cabin, could we switch the names onboard so that my wife could eat in Blu and go to the spa? Either way we would have one adult in each cabin. When I spoke to the Celebrity booking agent they insisted that we could switch the names once onboard, but I wanted to confirm whether or not this was the case. Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

No you cannot switch the names once you are on board. You can switch which cabin you sleep in, that is you can get a key which will access a cabin other than the one you were assigned to, but it won’t be anything other than a door key. Your idea to get the parents together in Aqua and the kids not, just won’t work. Sorry.

54 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

OK I think 8 and 6 are too young to be in a cabin unsupervised. You have no guarantee as to their safety. Also if you book yourself or wife in an inside and the other in Aqua in theory only one of you should have Aqua access to Blu

They wouldn't be unsupervised, we would still keep it to one adult and one kid in each cabin. Was just wondering if we could switch the names on the cabin.

52 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

This is a bad idea.

Is your goal to eat with the family in Blu, or are you just trying to get access to the thermal spaces? If you’re looking to dine with the family in Blu, you’ll almost certainly run into issues on board with the hostess/maitre’d. Celebrity limits AQ rooms to two passengers, essentially to keep kids out of AQ and Blu.

The only exceptions for children in Blu is when an adult takes a child on a solo trip. Or one-offs for suite guest who want something other than Luminae for the evening… otherwise it’s kind of a no-kids space. 

The goal is to get my wife's name in the AQ cabin so we have the option for the 2 adults to eat in Blu or use the spa. I understand that my kids wouldn't be able to eat in Blu. We eat dinner together all the time at home, on cruises they prefer the buffet and kids club after rather than sit through a sit down dinner, and then we can have a nice dinner by ourselves after we feed them.

33 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No you cannot switch the names once you are on board. You can switch which cabin you sleep in, that is you can get a key which will access a cabin other than the one you were assigned to, but it won’t be anything other than a door key. Your idea to get the parents together in Aqua and the kids not, just won’t work. Sorry.

Yeah I didn't think we could, which is why I thought it was weird that one Celebrity rep insisted that I would be able to.

3 hours ago, tomservo said:

Can they book an inside across the hall for the kids?  I understand your dilemma as having been in the situation with one parent/one child set up, but the AquaClass throws a wrench in that plan.  Maybe call Celebrity and see if its ok to have them in an inside across the hall.  We did that on one sailing when we had 3 of our 5 kids.  We had a balcony and Royal said since they were not 18 or whatever the age is, we would need the kids cabins next to or across.  We were able to do so with an inside across from us and everyone was happy.  

2 hours ago, tomservo said:

They wouldn't be unsupervised, we would still keep it to one adult and one kid in each cabin. Was just wondering if we could switch the names on the cabin.

As someone else mentioned,  your wife could certainly sleep in the same room, my experience was that we could not change the actual names on the room due to their rules about not having children that young be alone in a room. If you are comfortable with them sleeping together in the inside room, you can certainly switch where you sleep , but you wouldn’t be able to eat dinner together blue.

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Can they book an inside across the hall for the kids? 

Are there even interior cabins on the Aqua deck?

CCer's see the same question from passengers who want to book one stateroom at the Retreat/Suite level, and also an Interior stateroom for the kids, grandma, or uncle Joe.  It never works out the way they hope.

I just got off the phone with Blue Chip Club (who I'm booking my cabin through), they confirmed that we could not switch cabins once onboard, which is what I thought would be the case. They did however, say that it might be possible to book an inside cabin for our kids, as long as it was across from our cabin. There weren't any available on this sailing like that, but it was interesting to hear that it might be an option in the future. I think I've heard of cruise lines allowing this kind of cabin situation before...

27 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Are there even interior cabins on the Aqua deck?

CCer's see the same question from passengers who want to book one stateroom at the Retreat/Suite level, and also an Interior stateroom for the kids, grandma, or uncle Joe.  It never works out the way they hope.

There are, the only way to book kids that young into an interior is if you get the cabin across from them (or I guess next to as well).

Just now, JFontaine said:

Can you upgrade your Blue Chip room to one Sky Suite and put the kids on a pullout? Everyone would eat in Luminae. 

Yeah we thought about that too, but the Suite upgrade is 4k and adding 2 more people to the room is 4k. We're going to end up getting a BCC balcony for me and a kid and an interior for my wife and the other kid. On this sailing it was cheaper to get the interior (2600) than to add 2 people to the balcony (4200).

4 hours ago, tomservo said:

Yes, and as others said it won't work.  If your wife is in an inside cabin (even across the hall if that is possible) she cannot eat in Blu.  Then during dinner IF it was possible; what do you do with a 6 and 8 year old?  Let them run loose?  Tell them to stay in the cabin?  Hire a sitter each night?   The list of bad things that could happen are endless.

I would change to verandas or a veranda.  A sunset veranda would be perfect.

best plan.. book 2 AQ Class cabins with 1 child in each with an adult..no switching games needed

or book  2 reg cabins and split uo the kids  or book  one  cabin that allows 4 person Occupancy.  buy wife a pass to thermal suite...

or book a suite where u could all go to BLU if space is available or all go to Luminae .  wife can buy a few day or full cruise thermal suite pass.

the game plan you suggest is not workable or the way it's supposed to work..with good reason

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

There are, the only way to book kids that young into an interior is if you get the cabin across from them (or I guess next to as well).

On the Solstice (on the deck dedicated to Aqua Class), there are only about 5  interior rooms.  They are thru an door not adjacent to the main corridor, so not truly across the Aqua Class cabin.   Maybe it is different on the ship you want to book - what ship are you planning to sail on?

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Solstice-676/deck11-846

If you are hoping for a more romantic cruise with your wife, maybe you should leave the kids home with the grandparents or aunt/uncles.  Could be a win-win for both the adults and the kids

11 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

On the Solstice (on the deck dedicated to Aqua Class), there are only about 5  interior rooms.  They are thru an door not adjacent to the main corridor, so not truly across the Aqua Class cabin.   Maybe it is different on the ship you want to book - what ship are you planning to sail on?

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Solstice-676/deck11-846

If you are hoping for a more romantic cruise with your wife, maybe you should leave the kids home with the grandparents or aunt/uncles.  Could be a win-win for both the adults and the kids

Sorry I forgot to mention, this is on the Edge. My kids both have ADHD and are very active, so we don’t typically leave them with anyone because they are a handful. 

20 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Sorry I forgot to mention, this is on the Edge. My kids both have ADHD and are very active, so we don’t typically leave them with anyone because they are a handful. 

Take care of your kids.  Don’t put them across the hall.  Pick a cabin that can accommodate 4 people. Eat with your kids, not in Blu.  If you want a cabin for yourself, bring a nanny to take care of your kids. If not, cruising isn’t appropriate for you.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Take care of your kids.  Don’t put them across the hall.  Pick a cabin that can accommodate 4 people. Eat with your kids, not in Blu.  If you want a cabin for yourself, bring a nanny to take care of your kids. If not, cruising isn’t appropriate for you.

Did you actually read his posts?

• Like 1