🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Strange all the balconies have gone for all cruises. Wonder if they've just closed them out. Quite excited about this. Price works out around £100 pppn give or take, including port fees and gratuities for ocean view, not brilliant for a small ship, but some unusual and interesting ports. Now to decide which sectors 🤔

Yes they have just closed them out for the mini segments.  There is still quite a bit of balcony inventory left in the 4 segments

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We were really lucky last night and snagged the same mid-ship balcony for the two legs from Buenos Aires to LA.  Just sailed Infinity from Valpariso arriving in Rio tomorrow.  Absolutely loved it and can’t wait to come back!  Lots of additional Ports and Antartica! 

Congrats!  I had a devil of a time when the original four quarters were finally released for booking, well after the cream of the crop of cabins were already snagged up for 274 day cruisers.  

I was able to book mid ship deck 8 balcony, but there were only two cabins left way back then.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I still don't understand how balcony cabins could have been available at all this late....especially for different segments, which used to be booked as four quarters.  Strange.  

Because when they put the cruises on sale, they didn't open up the entire inventory at the time you booked.

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They're already disgusted

I was under the impression that booking the Ultimate World Cruise was for the full cruise.  Did RC change that to people being able to book only portions of the cruise?  Is it because the full cruise wasn’t sold out, so now they’re trying to fill those empty cabins?  Are you at least enjoying your cruise?

We’re moving back to Florida so that we can cruise without paying airfare from Hawaii to the mainland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iuki said:

Did RC change that to people being able to book only portions of the cruise?  

See post #184 above. Yes, various parts become available at various times. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Not only did we that booked the original full and quarter segments pay more, but now this is turning into simply a multitude of B2B cruises...all one way.  IMHHO...not so special any longer, except I will still  enjoy the itinerary of the half of it we are on.  

RCI must be hurting trying to fill this small ship....well after all the hype as all worn off.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...you are way too funny my friend!!  😄 😄 

Thanks for the morning laugh!  🤣

Thought you would like that one😇

I was thinking about titling our November Panama Canal B2B on Serenade review as "Serenade World Shakedown Cruise", but now I'm having second thoughts about using the word "shakedown"😉

• Haha 3

Just received a marketing email for the "world cruise" as 17 sailings broken down by region and touting "new destinations." Quite frankly this makes a lot more sense to me than trying to sell it as a single or four segment world cruise. I feel for the folks who are doing most or all of it thinking it would be unique to bond with the same groups of guests over many months and now getting shafted on the price, but even if I had the time and money (I don't) I still don't see the appeal of spending nine months on any one ship, much less Serenade, when I could instead be sailing a variety of ships to a variety of locations or just breaking things up a bit. I look forward to hearing about the adventures of the full circle trippers though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

I feel for the folks who are doing most or all of it thinking it would be unique to bond with the same groups of guests over many months and now getting shafted on the price, but even if I had the time and money (I don't) I still don't see the appeal of spending nine months on any one ship, much less Serenade, when I could instead be sailing a variety of ships to a variety of locations or just breaking things up a bit. 

Really?  

I am leaving end of this month for Maui on the beach, land based condo for six weeks.  Then I am coming home for a week, and leaving again for land based rental homes in both Maine and Canada for the whole summer. 

Home again for a week, then off to Europe for a three week river cruise (Viking) in eastern Europe.  

Back home again shortly for a B2B on Wonder, 2 weeks before start of WC.  And that is just for this year.  

Following that is even more varied adventures all the way into 2025.  Don't assume that WC cruisers are doing just that as their only travel adventure. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Right on. Kinda like some that say those that live in Florida only go on cruises leaving out of Florida. 

Or only cruising with RCI.  😉 

Speaking of Florida....news Channel 2 is circling our house right now.   Apparently 5 doors down, one of our neighbors was just attacked by an Alligator...news to follow at 5 pm.  😮 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Really?  

I am leaving end of this month for Maui on the beach, land based condo for six weeks.  Then I am coming home for a week, and leaving again for land based rental homes in both Maine and Canada for the whole summer. 

Home again for a week, then off to Europe for a three week river cruise (Viking) in eastern Europe.  

Back home again shortly for a B2B on Wonder, 2 weeks before start of WC.  And that is just for this year.  

Following that is even more varied adventures all the way into 2025.  Don't assume that WC cruisers are doing just that as their only travel adventure. 

You are free to reject my sympathy, not sure why it matters though. Enjoy your travels!

• Like 2