The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday January 29th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

52 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Sandi and Rich. I’ll pass on the days but do enjoy SUDOKU when 

I have access.  I’ve been to Newport several times but never on a BHB.  Sandi, I normally carry deaths for 7 days.  I think @kazu’s list shows Daily some of us boarding 2/4.  My O2 level is dropping so I expect a longer stay.  While my church livestreams Father David may be my only uninterrupted service today.

Roy

Roy, the news about the 02 levels is not very comforting.  You definitely need to stay put until they get you back to better numbers.  Thanks for the reminder to check the Bon Voyage sign-up post for Dailyites preparing to cruise.  Patricia will remain another day for her full week.  

I ran out of Sudoku puzzles in a purse-sized book which I take on cruises/trips to entertain me so I went to a site called WebSudoku.com and have been keeping my brain cells alive working on the hard puzzles online lately.  BTW, I checked out the GIMP software Rich mentioned but I think it may be above my pay grade!  People will have to use their geographic skills to pinpoint which ship is where on the maps.  😄

Feel better soon!!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I was double teamed this morning as the cats wanted breakfast early, plus side was that I got to see the NA arrive in Port Everglades.  After some coffee I was off to Market Basket to fill in the spots that Aldi doesn’t quite cover, spent way more than expected.   I do like puzzles and have the Sudoku app on my tablet.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and look forward to @dfish posting pictures and recipes.  Tonight we will have steak with rice and beans.  

I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.770be23587eeae1e068d67a341aaadff.png

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

@rafinmd I agree with Sandi that the dropping O2 is of concern.  Let's get that fixed!

@kazu My sympathies on 1 finger typing.  I hope by the time you run out of pain meds that the pain has considerably lessened.  

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, thank you again for stepping up to the plate during Roy's illness.  

We had 5-8 inches of snow forecast for overnight, but I think we only got 4.  I am still thankful I have a plow service and trust that they will come sometime this morning.  I think they are waiting until the snow finally ends, which is a good thing. 

Today's meal sounds wonderful, but way too carb heavy for me.  I would sleep well if I ate it.  I didn't find exactly what was described except at the Delish site, but they wanted money for me to see it.  I declined.   But, I came close and this first one is probably the closest.  I imagine the rice does get crispy while in the oven.    https://food52.com/recipes/75260-spanish-baked-rice-with-chorizo-and-chickpeas

95995192_chorizochickpeaandcrispyrice1.jpg.520a780c64d7aff59974c24da468e287.jpg

This next one is missing the chorizo, but that is an easy add in.  https://dinnerly.com/menu/65336-spinach-cheddar-skillet-rice-with-smoky-chickpeas

1040047464_chorizochickpeaandcrispyrice2.thumb.jpeg.057fa461cb1c9e4f2ab9d4fc2b771875.jpeg

This next one skips the rice, but that is an easy add in.  It also uses black beans, but you can use the chickpeas.    https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2022/03/08/cheesy-chorizo-bean-skillet/

1443723869_chorizochickpeaandcrispyrice3.png.66ffc4a38bfc398ccfbb5719c41033af.png

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Special prayers for our ailing Dailyites, especially Roy, Jacqui, Tana, Sarah, and Kathi.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily, and for the care and cheer list, @StLouisCruisers!  I usually start a puzzle right after Christmas, but didn't this year because we were leaving for our cruise on January 2nd.  I like corn chips and don't have a garden, so don't swap seeds.  I swap recipes instead.

@rafinmdI'm happy to hear from you, but concerned about your O2 levels; I'm glad you're in the hospital where they can get things under control for you.  Just know that our hearts are with you!

@kazuI feel so bad for you - you just can't catch a break!  Can you get some more pain meds prescribed and delivered to get you through to your next hospital visit?

@dfishadd me to the list of those wanting to see your newly painted bedroom!

Thank you @smitty34877 and @StLouisCruisersfor the photos of the beautiful Camilla and Elliott Rose!  I can't believe how big Camilla is getting - we forget how quickly little ones grow!

Well I got us all unpacked and the suitcases are put away for who knows how long;  after enduring all the air snags, I can't even think about travel for a while.  The one thing I did have to do was replace the velcro on our carry-ons before putting them into storage.  The velcro on the handles was very lightweight, and the handles would continually separate, which meant one would drag on the ground while being pulled through an airport.  Fortunately I had some heavy duty velcro on hand (where I got it, or why I have it, I have no idea!), and was able to sew it in place.  I'm sure we'll struggle to get the handles apart, but they sure aren't going to drag on the ground any time soon!

We enjoyed having our friends over for the afternoon and part of the evening - it's always heartwarming when you open the door to "Hi, I've missed you all the way down to my toes!"  We sat visiting for a couple of hours, then enjoyed more conversation over dinner.  I guess I went a little overboard when it came to measuring out the spaghetti, as we have lots of leftovers.  It's looking like we'll have a repeat of last night's dinner (yay, no cooking, just reheating!); baked spaghetti, garlic toast and a side salad at the kitchen table tonight.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers for all the celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  The computer says its partly sunny and 41.  If it is partly sunny, it's the part above the clouds.  The rains are coming.   I think my Sunday walk will be with thousands at the farmers market today.  And the grocery store.

I worked until 8 last night, so a very long day for me, and after sending my end of day reports (which for once did not take long) I turned on Peacock, and started watching the live full showing  of the Rolex 24 hour race in Daytona.  When I came into the den this morning, I turned it back on.  I think I may miss the end of the race as I will be out shopping.

@StLouisCruisersSandi, than you for doing all the Rich and Roy work this morning.

I have been to Newport RI many times.  When my brother was looking at colleges in the New England area, we stopped in Newport and checked out the grand mansions.  My brother ended up going to Brown.  After my first year of college, I was working on the cape, and met a young man who (younger than me) was attending ST. Georges, and I would get the bus out of Boston and go and see him during my Sophomore year of college several times.  Newport is beautiful.  Since those visits were in the 60's and 70's I have no pictures, just memories.  My last visit was in the early 80's, and while I remember watching the sailboats in the harbor, and the big freighters going by, that is about the only memory of being there then. (the unhappy marriage time).

@rafinmdI hope you start feeling better soon, and from previous experiences in the hospital, stay until you are well.  One of my last conversations with Shari was that she was upset that the hospitals kept releasing her after a week.  Why do you think they do that? I asked her.  She said," because I told them I wanted to go home, and they shouldn't listen to me! "  So don't be in a rush to get out, if you don't think you can operate comfortably on your own.

@grapau27 Thank you for bringing us Father David. There was an article on the googly news two weeks ago, that the massive amounts of depression and apathy that people are suffering, is because they no longer have faith and religion or God in their lives.   Seems a pretty easy choice to make.

joy-quote.jpg

Feral Fawn is still on the porch.  Mr. Bubbles has taken off, I think he misses his porch space.  Fawn is eating a little, but she wont eat her favorite food (temptations) She slept all day yesterday and last night, but until she shows me that she has interest in even looking at the world, she will be a porch baby.  If I tap on the window, she looks around, but cant figure out where the sound is coming from. I do not feel comfortable for her own safety letting her out.

Have a great day everyone!  Prayers of care to you all.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu,Jacqui, I am sorry to hear that the pain continues  to be so hard to control.Doctors around here are reluctant  to prescribe pain meds as I found out after my surgery.I remember watching the clock especially  right after the surgery as I was limited by the prescribed  amount. 

You just described me to a t,  😉

9 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuI feel so bad for you - you just can't catch a break!  Can you get some more pain meds prescribed and delivered to get you through to your next hospital visit?

Not even going to ask.  He made it clear I could only have 15. ‘Controlled’ substance,  bottle says to take one every 6 hours as needed - but with 5 days, they won’t last until Wednesday when I go back.  He obviously expects the pain to go down - sure hope so.  🤞 

9 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Fortunately I had some heavy duty velcro on hand (where I got it, or why I have it, I have no idea!), and was able to sew it in place.  I'm sure we'll struggle to get the handles apart, but they sure aren't going to drag on the ground any time soon!

You are so creative and clever!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all. We work on puzzles in the wintertime. The Van Gogh starry nights my dh completed by himself. The cola one was fun. I have a neighbour who shares her completed puzzles with us and we then pass them on to our DDs and their friend group. Sure passes the time. Eventually they go to a thrift store somewhere!

@StLouisCruisersthank you for doing the lists. Pretty sure @HAL Sailersister in law is the sick one, not her dbil. I tried to find where she told Roy about it but am not finding her post. (Found it on Jan 14)

prayers for all on the list and any that were not listed. Shout out to those celebrating.

837A52A4-831F-4D4E-937C-DF1A8FF58492.jpeg

CA7A7622-F788-4F90-80B5-EAFBA8D08340.jpeg

Edited by superoma
Add
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. 

Thank you Sandi for stepping in for Roy who stepped in for Rich.

Roy you behave yourself and stay in hospital until everything is under control.

Prayers lifted to all on our prayer lists. 

Today we have brunch with friends. Afterwards we are having a little party with neighbors. Food, drink, and trivia gifts. I think I mentioned wherever we are on a cruise I send a trivia question to my girlfriends daily and whoever texts the answer 1st gets a point. I have competitive friends! And it gets funny and silly..

Please think of me tomorrow. I have oral surgery. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Will definitely keep you in my heart; good luck to you, Joy!  I hope whatever you need to have done will be quick and relatively easy on you.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I am glad you are at the hospital Roy. With pneumonia you can get low sodium and the dropping O2 is not unexpected. You are in the right place. 

We are at the airport with two excited kiddos. I don’t know what Wi-Fi is like on Disney so after today I may not be able to post. 

Prayers and well wishes to those on care list. 

Lorraine

2D7BE105-86E5-4EFD-8C30-A2A645E079B0.jpeg

D14E7EC5-C74C-4D2F-ABA4-429ED55F1A1F.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I am glad you are at the hospital Roy. With pneumonia you can get low sodium and the dropping O2 is not unexpected. You are in the right place. 

We are at the airport with two excited kiddos. I don’t know what Wi-Fi is like on Disney so after today I may not be able to post. 

Lorraine

@StLouisCruisers this is Disney Dream.  Cruisrtimetables.com will have the length.

Bon Voyage!

Roy 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily and to @StLouisCruisers for starting us up.

I like puzzles, mainly crosswords and jigsaw (online). I rarely eat corn chips and haven't swapped seeds with anyone. I like the quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I haven't been to Newport, RI, even though I went to school in MA.

It's a rainy day here. When going to bed last night, I noticed that I now had a hemorrhage in the left eye! I don't know what's going on. The right eye still looks bad as it was a very large one, the left isn't as big. But no pain or vision issues. I'll be watching football later.

I will add to the Celebrations and Shoutouts: @StLouisCruisers Sandi for stepping up to help keep the Daily going!

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon today.

@kazu Prayers that your pain eases. I know many Ortho docs have gotten skittish about pain meds because of abuse, which hurts the patients who really need them. Good luck with the billing issues.

@cat shepard I have a Fellowes shredder that I like. I just shredded old tax returns in it.

@ottahand7 I agree that where you are now has breathtaking sights.

@rafinmd Sorry to hear about the oxygen levels, so it's a good thing you sought treatment. Prayers for continued healing and recovery.

@superoma Great puzzles.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers that your oral surgery is quick and relatively painless!

@cruising sister Great photos! Bon Voyage and have a wonderful time!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Mine died when I started shredding DH’s multiple files.  I bought this one and it works like a horse.

EED535F4-9A00-405F-9225-F1838D8824F4.thumb.jpeg.5c79ccf413e7502c824e909be466b1d4.jpeg

you have to give it a break if you are doing a lot for more than around 20 minutes - but it does a lot.  I decided to get a good one to handle it all.

I bought it early last year from Costco on line.  you know those large, clear leaf bags?   It has shredded at least 40 of those bags worth of documents (that’s a low guess).  And it’s still going 🙂 

Jacqui that is almost like the one I bookmarked. I wonder about the difference between cross- cutting and micro-shredding?

• Like 13

Good Sunday morning to all,

First of all, a big THANK YOU to @StLouisCruisers Sandi for stepping up and taking care of the Daily and the cares and celebration lists,.  Appreciate your efforts.

Also to @JazzyVfor her additions. Hope your eye gets better.

So where to begin:  

@rafinmdI am so sorry to hear that your O2 levels are dropping.  Have they given you Oxygen?  I suspect that part of that is the fact that you are hurting and your breathing is shallow. Coupled with the pneumonia it is not surprising.

@kazu, Sorry you are still hurting.  This is not good.  i strongly encourage you to take some action against HAL. Have you heard of Christopher Elliott.  This would be right up his alley.  Elliott.com

@grapau27 thanks for Fr. David’s sermon.  Always uplifting.  Hope Sarah is doing better.

i am again suffering from my Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  It is keeping me up at night.  Lots of pain in my shoulders and hips.  i can’t start the Prednisone until I have enough for the course.  Sent a message to my Doc at the Mayo Clinic for a renewal.  Will probably need a blood test.   We leave for our cruise on Sun. Feb. 5 so not much time.  Want to feel better before then.  

I hope everyone has a good day.

Take care and 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Today we have brunch with friends. Afterwards we are having a little party with neighbors. Food, drink, and trivia gifts. I think I mentioned wherever we are on a cruise I send a trivia question to my girlfriends daily and whoever texts the answer 1st gets a point. I have competitive friends! And it gets funny and silly..

Will keep you in my prayers, Joy.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. We work on puzzles in the wintertime. The Van Gogh starry nights my dh completed by himself. The cola one was fun. I have a neighbour who shares her completed puzzles with us and we then pass them on to our DDs and their friend group. Sure passes the time. Eventually they go to a thrift store somewhere!

@StLouisCruisersthank you for doing the lists. Pretty sure @HAL Sailersister in law is the sick one, not her dbil. I tried to find where she told Roy about it but am not finding her post. (Found it on Jan 14)

prayers for all on the list and any that were not listed. Shout out to those celebrating.

837A52A4-831F-4D4E-937C-DF1A8FF58492.jpeg

CA7A7622-F788-4F90-80B5-EAFBA8D08340.jpeg

Thanks for the alert - you are right it is @HAL Sailer's DSIL who is nearing the end.  I'll change that.  Did anyone else have a family member in hospice?  Sorry to say I don't have a rotation list handy.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Joy, we sure will think of you tomorrow, and send up our prayers for a good result.  Have a fun time with your friends and neighbors today!

29 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

Lorraine

I was going to ask which Disney ship but Roy jumped in with the answer.  He must have ESP!  Have a wonderful time on the Dream with the kiddos!  I know we always did on our Disney cruises. 

20 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@StLouisCruisers this is Disney Dream.  Cruisrtimetables.com will have the length.

Bon Voyage!

Roy 

Thanks Roy!  You're still on the ball!

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily and to @StLouisCruisers for starting us up.

I like puzzles, mainly crosswords and jigsaw (online). I rarely eat corn chips and haven't swapped seeds with anyone. I like the quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

I haven't been to Newport, RI, even though I went to school in MA.

It's a rainy day here. When going to bed last night, I noticed that I now had a hemorrhage in the left eye! I don't know what's going on. The right eye still looks bad as it was a very large one, the left isn't as big. But no pain or vision issues. I'll be watching football later.

I will add to the Celebrations and Shoutouts: @StLouisCruisers Sandi for stepping up to help keep the Daily going!

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon today.

@kazu Prayers that your pain eases. I know many Ortho docs have gotten skittish about pain meds because of abuse, which hurts the patients who really need them. Good luck with the billing issues.

@cat shepard I have a Fellowes shredder that I like. I just shredded old tax returns in it.

@ottahand7 I agree that where you are now has breathtaking sights.

@rafinmd Sorry to hear about the oxygen levels, so it's a good thing you sought treatment. Prayers for continued healing and recovery.

@superoma Great puzzles.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers that your oral surgery is quick and relatively painless!

@cruising sister Great photos! Bon Voyage and have a wonderful time!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Thanks for your shoutout, Vanessa!  You are so kind.  Hoping the eye hemorrhages stop, pain or no pain.  Relax and enjoy those football games!🏈

5 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all,

First of all, a big THANK YOU to @StLouisCruisers Sandi for stepping up and taking care of the Daily and the cares and celebration lists,.  Appreciate your efforts.

Also to @JazzyVfor her additions. Hope your eye gets better.

So where to begin:  

@rafinmdI am so sorry to hear that your O2 levels are dropping.  Have they given you Oxygen?  I suspect that part of that is the fact that you are hurting and your breathing is shallow. Coupled with the pneumonia it is not surprising.

@kazu, Sorry you are still hurting.  This is not good.  i strongly encourage you to take some action against HAL. Have you heard of Christopher Elliott.  This would be right up his alley.  Elliott.com

@grapau27 thanks for Fr. David’s sermon.  Always uplifting.  Hope Sarah is doing better.

i am again suffering from my Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  It is keeping me up at night.  Lots of pain in my shoulders and hips.  i can’t start the Prednisone until I have enough for the course.  Sent a message to my Doc at the Mayo Clinic for a renewal.  Will probably need a blood test.   We leave for our cruise on Sun. Feb. 5 so not much time.  Want to feel better before then.  

I hope everyone has a good day.

Take care and 

God Bless,

Terri

Sorry to hear about the Polymyalgia Rheumatica pain.  Get that prescription on hand before your cruise.  Which ship are you sailing on?  Hope they get that bathroom completed while you're away.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info Sandi and hope Roy is feeling better.

Today is National Puzzle Day. That’s my life, one big puzzle with a few pieces missing 😳. My favorite puzzle I recently played was in December on the N. Statendam. It was called “Buns Out”. I leave that to your imagination.

Well, today is Day 5 of 7 cruising along the Vegas Strip. Today we go to Egypt and visit the world famous pyramid, The Luxor. I’m hoping to see Cleopatra but I heard she made have run away with some guy named Burton. 

So no one was interested in the puzzle I tried to assemble on the NS in December called “Buns Out”. Well, I’m not going to let you down. Hear it is. Please don’t be shocked!

BBD79CEF-D178-46BB-830E-17C3DCC0BD55.thumb.jpeg.cb86b5ca0e27dad668bb7ecc7bccef88.jpeg

Surprised. It’s food in buns; exposed!

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

Niall and Emilee are coming over today, football will no doubt be involved. I am going to try one of the West African peanut chicken stew recipes that @dfish posted last Wednesday. I'll report back on the outcome tomorrow! 

Just for fun -

812056029_DSC_0751(2).thumb.JPG.a7e347763deb453baa36a6294c79db79.JPG

- from the Mounts Botanical Garden in Palm Beach, FL

• Like 23