The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 5th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

41 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  A sad day as I lost my dear aunt this morning.   Her family was grateful for the hospice care.   I am sorry to lose a woman of great faith and support, not to mention her peach pies.  

sorry to hear of the flooding @ottahand7 

@lobsternight love my last two suvs that had a place for my purse, lol!   

Waterford is in a beautiful place, I have some lovely crystal to remind me.  

0D14A95D-4ED6-4EAC-8118-4C9458B0FBAE.jpeg

I'm sorry to hear of your dear Aunts passing.

Condolences to all that loved her.

Graham 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fawn was let off the porch today, I put some flea meds on her, which I hope helps with what ailed her, and she took off like a bat out of, well you know.  And then realized that she really didn't want to go too far, and she had been sitting out with me in the sun, until the sun went away...at which point it got cold, and I went on to the heated porch, and swept the floor, a lot of feathers were involved.  She also wanted to be with Mr. Bubbles, so I am hoping that both will return to the porch tonight.

One thing about my job, is that when I move from campaign to campaign, I usually get a different manager.  Last year, I got Lisa, a wonderful woman, in her 50's working on her doctorate in Hospital Management.  There were two employees, and a manager.  Very few hours, so I also went to work for Mike to make up other hours.  My coworker was a woman who I had worked with in the old days of our actually having an office to go to. She never was very friendly to anyone, so I didn't take it to heart, but Lisa was a motherly type and she would post us pictures of food, and we would have conversations about Lisa adopting and feeding us.  After several months of daily rapport, we did become friends, she lives in the Atlanta area, but I have no idea where, close to me I think.

I left Lisa when AZ opera ended our campaign, and got hours with another manager, and stayed with Mike (who has promised me a job with him as long as he heads up campaigns)  Lisa has been mentioning to me that she thinks we will get AZ opera back, so yesterday I got a call from her, and it wasn't about a job, it was about my coworker, she was in the hospital in ICU. 

Apparently she had Lisa marked in her phone, as boss.  And they were looking for next of kin.  She suggested that since Fern loved the Jackie Lawson cards, that I send her one.  I did.  Didnt hear back, didn't expect to, but then later in my shift,, Lisa called me back, she got a call from Fern's sister.  Fern is in a coma.  She had fallen, and that is the only information they would give the sister.  But the sister knew that Fern had a cat, and she didn't know her sisters address,she wanted it  to get there and take care of the cat.

This is something to think about when our whole lives have become automated, one we are human, and that means that things happen to us, and two, please know the address of your kin folk, don't let them be a number to push on a phone.  Please keep Fern in your prayers today.  I do not know how she fell, where she fell, or if she just passed out, and hurt her head...and while Roy had the nurse who knew nothing, Fern's nurse wouldn't tell her sister anything about her condition, where she was found, who found her....And because this was employee info, I was not to let anyone know about her condition.  Fern was an employee to them, but she was my friend, and I am very glad that Lisa called.

• Like 21

A lot going on here today.

@aliaschief I'm glad your weather turned out better than expected. Also, thanks for the memes.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I enjoyed your photos of Waterford.

@Seasick Sailor Sorry you're still in pain, and best to get checked, especially with travel coming up.

@luvteaching I'm sure you'll do what's best. As others have said, I've seen hospice for people with bad congestive heart failure and other chronic conditions; it's not just for cancer patients as many think.

@RMLincoln Love that cow hot air balloon!

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon. Your meal looked good.

@Cruising-along Good job on the painting. 

@durangoscots Oh my on that attack by the loose dogs! Scary! I hope Bandit will be ok. At least the owner showed concern, as she should, and willingness to pay any vet bills.

@ottahand7 Sorry to hear about more rough seas. I hope you're not out of your original room for too long.

@bennybear My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your aunt. I hope your great memories of her bring some comfort.

@marshhawk Sad news about your former coworker ending up in ICU. And good for her sister wanting to care for her cat, but sad that the sister didn't even know her address. Prayers for Fern.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Fawn was let off the porch today, I put some flea meds on her, which I hope helps with what ailed her, and she took off like a bat out of, well you know.  And then realized that she really didn't want to go too far, and she had been sitting out with me in the sun, until the sun went away...at which point it got cold, and I went on to the heated porch, and swept the floor, a lot of feathers were involved.  She also wanted to be with Mr. Bubbles, so I am hoping that both will return to the porch tonight.

One thing about my job, is that when I move from campaign to campaign, I usually get a different manager.  Last year, I got Lisa, a wonderful woman, in her 50's working on her doctorate in Hospital Management.  There were two employees, and a manager.  Very few hours, so I also went to work for Mike to make up other hours.  My coworker was a woman who I had worked with in the old days of our actually having an office to go to. She never was very friendly to anyone, so I didn't take it to heart, but Lisa was a motherly type and she would post us pictures of food, and we would have conversations about Lisa adopting and feeding us.  After several months of daily rapport, we did become friends, she lives in the Atlanta area, but I have no idea where, close to me I think.

I left Lisa when AZ opera ended our campaign, and got hours with another manager, and stayed with Mike (who has promised me a job with him as long as he heads up campaigns)  Lisa has been mentioning to me that she thinks we will get AZ opera back, so yesterday I got a call from her, and it wasn't about a job, it was about my coworker, she was in the hospital in ICU. 

Apparently she had Lisa marked in her phone, as boss.  And they were looking for next of kin.  She suggested that since Fern loved the Jackie Lawson cards, that I send her one.  I did.  Didnt hear back, didn't expect to, but then later in my shift,, Lisa called me back, she got a call from Fern's sister.  Fern is in a coma.  She had fallen, and that is the only information they would give the sister.  But the sister knew that Fern had a cat, and she didn't know her sisters address,she wanted it  to get there and take care of the cat.

This is something to think about when our whole lives have become automated, one we are human, and that means that things happen to us, and two, please know the address of your kin folk, don't let them be a number to push on a phone.  Please keep Fern in your prayers today.  I do not know how she fell, where she fell, or if she just passed out, and hurt her head...and while Roy had the nurse who knew nothing, Fern's nurse wouldn't tell her sister anything about her condition, where she was found, who found her....And because this was employee info, I was not to let anyone know about her condition.  Fern was an employee to them, but she was my friend, and I am very glad that Lisa called.

Annie you are a very thoughtful friend.  I'm sorry to hear Fern is in a coma after falling and that her sister can't get any information about her. Prayers for her.  Another fall we've heard about.  That is a serious problem!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  A sad day as I lost my dear aunt this morning.   Her family was grateful for the hospice care.   I am sorry to lose a woman of great faith and support, not to mention her peach pies.  

sorry to hear of the flooding @ottahand7 

@lobsternight love my last two suvs that had a place for my purse, lol!   

Waterford is in a beautiful place, I have some lovely crystal to remind me.  

0D14A95D-4ED6-4EAC-8118-4C9458B0FBAE.jpeg

Condolences @bennybear I too hope you have her pie recipe. Wonderful memories every time you make it.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dfish said:

My condolences on your loss.  I hope you have her recipe for peach pie.  We enjoy making my mom's recipes in remembrance.  

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm so sorry to hear your aunt has passed away today, Brenda.  Prayers for you and all your aunt's loved ones.🙏

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Brenda, I'm sorry for the loss of your dear aunt.  Our condolences to you and her family.  I hope the good memories of her and of course, of her peach pie, can be a comfort for everyone.

Lenda

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear of your dear Aunts passing.

Condolences to all that loved her.

Graham 

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@bennybear, sending condolences on the passing of your Aunt to you and your family. 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

A lot going on here today.

@aliaschief I'm glad your weather turned out better than expected. Also, thanks for the memes.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I enjoyed your photos of Waterford.

@Seasick Sailor Sorry you're still in pain, and best to get checked, especially with travel coming up.

@luvteaching I'm sure you'll do what's best. As others have said, I've seen hospice for people with bad congestive heart failure and other chronic conditions; it's not just for cancer patients as many think.

@RMLincoln Love that cow hot air balloon!

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon. Your meal looked good.

@Cruising-along Good job on the painting. 

@durangoscots Oh my on that attack by the loose dogs! Scary! I hope Bandit will be ok. At least the owner showed concern, as she should, and willingness to pay any vet bills.

@ottahand7 Sorry to hear about more rough seas. I hope you're not out of your original room for too long.

@bennybear My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your aunt. I hope your great memories of her bring some comfort.

@marshhawk Sad news about your former coworker ending up in ICU. And good for her sister wanting to care for her cat, but sad that the sister didn't even know her address. Prayers for Fern.

37 minutes ago, superoma said:

Condolences @bennybear I too hope you have her pie recipe. Wonderful memories every time you make it.

Thank you for all the kind words.  My cousin has all her recipes, so I will be asking for the peach  pie! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 13

Good evening from Titusville, Florida.  

We arrived without any difficulty and very easy driving.

Upon arrival at the Fairfield Inn we had a very unusual greeting.

First time I ever saw a peacock.  Sorry he did not spread his wings for us.

8CAC40EA-79AF-4D64-B99E-6A11F07566D3.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We went to a very nice seafood restaurant called Dixie Crossroads.  It is a very casual place. We had Rock Shrimp.  Never had this before.  They look like small lobster tails.  They are prepared broiled and then you peel them and dip them in butter.  They are very sweet.  Unusual taste.

Enjoyed them very much but told the waiter that I thought the restaurant should pay me for having to shell my own shrimp.LOL!

A nice fun evening with my significant other (who, by the way is NOT A JERK)

Have a good evening everyone,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16

First thing I thought of when reading about showering with a friend is we do it all the time near Seattle. We seem to always be caught in a rain shower whenever we have shopping to do.

And does the Hokey Pokey ice cream taste of toffee or does it have a honey flavor? I don't care for honey but would love to check it out in a couple of weeks when we get to Auckland.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

A sad day as I lost my dear aunt this morning...  I am sorry to lose a woman of great faith and support, not to mention her peach pies.  

@bennybear, condolences on the passing of your very special aunt. May every taste of peach pie be a sweet remembrance for you.

-Melisa

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Mail tracking shows my passport is "in the system" but delayed (original delivery estimate was 2/3); it's coming from Tucson.

Oh Vanessa, that is so funny to me!  When I renewed our passports they definitely didn’t come from Tucson. I hope it isn’t delayed much longer. BTW, all the mail here goes to Phoenix before going anywhere else. So if I mail something to someone locally it goes to Phoenix and then comes back to Tucson for delivery. Crazy. 

• Like 5

What is going on with everyone here. So sad, so many people in mourning or hurt.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences.  

We were supposed to be on the Eurodam right now heading to the Panama canal but earlier this week I sat down and my back went totally out - to level 10 pain.  I had hoped that a steroid pack would help but on Friday, after being up all night on Thursday, I realized it was not a good idea to leave for a cruise today when I can barely walk down the block or sit down for long periods of time.  I sadly watched our ship sail away without us. Then shortly after that I got a call that my son is now in the hospital so perhaps things work out for the best, since on the cruise we would have been out of contact with him.  He has an abscess on his liver, now traveled to his lung and pneumonia.  They are supposed to drain the abscess tomorrow and he is on heavy duty antibiotics now.  Hopefully he will be fine!!!!  

I follow the daily every day and there is not a nicer group of people on this site.  Everyone is so caring to each other and for each other.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

@SusieKIslandGirl, it's made with honeycomb toffee -- what my grandma called seafoam. No honey involved.

Screenshot_20230205-205812.thumb.png.0f5a8256de88181ce76266c41bdf12d6.png

-Melisa

My mom and I loved sponge candy! Yummy!

For some reason it is only available here (MN) at Christmas time. We always bought some and enjoyed it; not sure what is wrong with the rest of our family..lol.

Now that she is gone, I still buy some and eat it in remembrance to her and our shared joy.

Would love to eat the ice cream with it in it! 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

What is going on with everyone here. So sad, so many people in mourning or hurt.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences.  

We were supposed to be on the Eurodam right now heading to the Panama canal but earlier this week I sat down and my back went totally out - to level 10 pain.  I had hoped that a steroid pack would help but on Friday, after being up all night on Thursday, I realized it was not a good idea to leave for a cruise today when I can barely walk down the block or sit down for long periods of time.  I sadly watched our ship sail away without us. Then shortly after that I got a call that my son is now in the hospital so perhaps things work out for the best, since on the cruise we would have been out of contact with him.  He has an abscess on his liver, now traveled to his lung and pneumonia.  They are supposed to drain the abscess tomorrow and he is on heavy duty antibiotics now.  Hopefully he will be fine!!!!  

I follow the daily every day and there is not a nicer group of people on this site.  Everyone is so caring to each other and for each other.    

Let me be the first to say, oh my gosh! 

Prayers are with you and your son. It leaves a person speechless when things like this happen on top of each other.

Please take care and know people here are praying for you all. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Oh Vanessa, that is so funny to me!  When I renewed our passports they definitely didn’t come from Tucson. I hope it isn’t delayed much longer. BTW, all the mail here goes to Phoenix before going anywhere else. So if I mail something to someone locally it goes to Phoenix and then comes back to Tucson for delivery. Crazy. 

If I mail something to someone locally it goes from Durango, CO to Albuquerque, NM (200 miles away) and then back to Durango. They tell me this is efficient.\

• Like 5