Charge for shipping medallions

18 hours ago, erienetuser said:

Regarding picking up the Medallion at the port. We arrive in Vancouver the night before our cruise, can  I pick it up the day before we sail?

There won't be anyone at the terminal with the materials to do that.  You also need to be checked-in first.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, Hlitner said:

We just looked at our "Princess Travel Summary" which has the detailed info on specific benefits covered by packages.  We recently booked the Sky with the Plus Package, got a free upgrade to the Premiere Package (promotion for vets).  On our summary it clearly says "Free Medallion Shipping" and values this at $14 per person!

Hank

Was the free upgrade to Premiere for vets through Princess, or another route.  How did you know you got it.  

5 minutes ago, Schonert said:

Was the free upgrade to Premiere for vets through Princess, or another route.  How did you know you got it.  

It was a promotion through Princess which I believe (not completely sure) was part of their Best Sale Ever.  I simply spotted a post somewhere here on CC and, since we were planning to book a Princess cruise, I mentioned the promotion to our cruise agent and ask her to "check it out."  Within 10 min she sent me an e-mail and said the upgrade (to Premiere) was already showing on our account.

We later learned, from some other posts, that the promotion was limited to only certain cruises.

Hank

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

It was a promotion through Princess which I believe (not completely sure) was part of their Best Sale Ever.  I simply spotted a post somewhere here on CC and, since we were planning to book a Princess cruise, I mentioned the promotion to our cruise agent and ask her to "check it out."  Within 10 min she sent me an e-mail and said the upgrade (to Premiere) was already showing on our account.

We later learned, from some other posts, that the promotion was limited to only certain cruises.

Hank

Thanks.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:55 AM, t&atravel said:

If you do not have the package, you pay a $10 flat fee to have these delivered to your home. Or you could choose to pick them up at the departure port for no extra fees.

I am surprised with this direction as the embarkation process is usually so smooth and partially because many already have their medallions.  There are a few that pick them up at the terminal but it’s also quick because there are so few.

If many people don’t want to pay the $10, it only delays embarkation for everyone in my opinion and that will only lead to more dissatisfied passengers

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

If many people don’t want to pay the $10, it only delays embarkation for everyone in my opinion and that will only lead to more dissatisfied passengers

Exactly. People aren't that stupid to pay for an item that they can receive for free at the port..... or are they??

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Why would picking up a medallion at the port take any more time than picking up the key card did, pre medallion ?????

• Like 5

This obsession with embarkation time is another one of those perpetual issues that really isn't one.  Time spent waiting to get on the ship isn't a deal breaker to me or any reason for dissatisfaction.  

As previous poster stated, key cards took time, too.  I'm not smart phone savvy, I'll fill out what I can on line, order my medallion, pick it up at the port.  Oh, the horror, my doing this might delay someone else.  I'm elite and boarding time does not matter.

Edited by susancruzs

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Why would picking up a medallion at the port take any more time than picking up the key card did, pre medallion ?????

Basically it’ll flood the people who are giving out the medallions and there will be that many more passengers doing this with same number of staff 

I was shocked by my decision to pay for shipping of the Medallions.  Last night, when it came time to click on the box that said "I'll pick it up at the port", I remembered the excitement of getting the Medallions in the mail and the feeling it created that we were really getting close to the cruise. 

Also last night, I went into the Medallion App and saw the countdown to the cruise.  That too generated some excitement.  

For the excitement of getting the Medallions in the mail, and for the convenience of not having one more thing to deal with at the port, I decided to pay the $10.  Please let's keep this quiet; as a generally frugal person, I don't want anyone to know of this splurge!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 2/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, shirazcruiser said:

In Oct 2022 we booked our May 2023 cruise with the "old" Princess Plus Love Boat Sale. When I tried to order my medallions today, I expected the extra $10 extra "customizing" the medallions, but was surprised at the $10 shipping.  I had a Live Chat and phone call with Princess and was told that since I booked under the Love Boat sale, I would have to pay for shipping. 

I am not sure exactly what happened to you.

Booked in October 2022 (before changes)

Cruising in May 2023 (after Feb 20 changes)

Ordered Medallion before Feb 20

February 18 - tried to order medallion.

Were you notified at check out that there would be a $10 shipping fee?

Did you customize your medallion?

What does booking under Love Boat Sale have anything to do with shipping cost?

When I recently ordered my Medallion for a future cruise (But before the changes), my order shows no shipping charge.

Will I be charged when/after they ship it?  They did not ask for any credit card payment or information.  

IMG_9027BD6C12B5-1.thumb.jpeg.e9f81eb4c4406772edb490cd0b33030c.jpeg

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not sure exactly what happened to you.

You've got it right. I did customize my order; however, when I removed the customization from the cart to see what happens and only had the complimentary medallions and lanyards ($0 cost), I was still charged a $10 shipping. 

• Like 1

I get it now, old brain duh. Princess plus 50, no free medallion shipping, the new Princess plus 60 includes free medallion shipping? They just don't make that clear on the website or app. I will gladly take the $10 per day savings over a possible one time $10 savings. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 3:47 AM, Reina del Mar said:
On 2/16/2023 at 7:44 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

Or picking the medallion up like we did in 2019?? (Yes 2019 cruises had the medallion too) Or how non-USA passengers do? IMHO this is much ado about nothing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Or picking the medallion up like we did in 2019?? (Yes 2019 cruises had the medallion too) Or how non-USA passengers do? IMHO this is much ado about nothing

the 'ado' and sorry if this has already been posted ... is that with the 'cruise cards' noone could get them early and everyone was on the same playing field based on status.

now - let's just say I want to rush onboard and secure a spot in the Sanctuary, dining, etc - how many people can I pass in that few moments they are in line to pick up their medallions and I'm thru security boarding

this may all be moot, I dunno, if we are herded into a room to await boarding ...

I booked our March 12 cruise about a month ago, paid the $60 per person per day and was still charged $10 to have our medallions shipped.  

Yeah, I got in on the $100 price.  

But it still pi55es me off that I paid for the plus package and was still charged to ship.  

No I haven't called princess.  No I probably won't, but dang it, small things...

On 2/17/2023 at 6:48 AM, celebrityxxo said:

At least u guys can order them.

.I've been on w princess 6x's in 2 weeks.  They can't get my app to order a medallion even on their end..keep telling me it's a princess  server issue!.. we go on sky in 17 days..ugg! 

Try ordering on the web based version of the App at:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:55 AM, t&atravel said:

Yes you are correct. Per the FAQ #40 starting 2/20

What do you mean by free Medallion® device shipping? How does that work?
You will be receiving a complimentary Medallion device and lanyard as part of your cruise experience. For any guests with a Plus or Premier package, you may order these items delivered to your home (for U.S. guests only) for no extra shipping fees. If you do not have the package, you pay a $10 flat fee to have these delivered to your home. Or you could choose to pick them up at the departure port for no extra fees.

They are lying about it being free for people with the Plus or Premier package.  We have the Plus package on our next cruise and it is still charging us $10 for shipping.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dyddles said:

They are lying about it being free for people with the Plus or Premier package.  We have the Plus package on our next cruise and it is still charging us $10 for shipping.

Delete

Edited by t&atravel

2 hours ago, dyddles said:

Did you call Princess yet?