Tipping in specialty restaurant

KansasK

My brother kindly is treating my husband and I to a dinner at Chops when we are on the Harmony in  April.   He paid for this and sent me the reservation information and it showed the cost and the tip he added.  If we decide to tip additional, it would not be as much as the original tip, probably.  Does the waiter know he/she has already been tipped?

2 minutes ago, KansasK said:

My brother kindly is treating my husband and I to a dinner at Chops when we are on the Harmony in  April.   He paid for this and sent me the reservation information and it showed the cost and the tip he added.  If we decide to tip additional, it would not be as much as the original tip, probably.  Does the waiter know he/she has already been tipped?

Your brother didnt add the tip. Rcl adds 18% when you book, no choice. 

If its wonderful you can of course add a extra tip.

And out of that 18% that Royal adds the waiter only gets a couple of dollars. Most of the gratuity goes into the ships tip pool.  If you tip in cash after, the waiter/waiters keeps it all. We always leave $5 for a lunch and  $10 for dinner for both of us. Don't pass on the crispy Porkbelly Appetizer, ask for it extra crispy. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

We always tip extra in the specialty restaurants, I think what @taglovestocruise suggests is fair, we tend to drink a few glasses of wine each, so also tip in those as they are part of our D+ benefit.

Great minds think alike,, almost.  Wife goes for a Cucumber Elderflower Martini and a Negroni for me. D+ does have it's benefits

• Like 2