Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

We have been on the Beyond 2x as recent as last week.  We were on Deck 9 & 10 mid ship. We did not experience any noise on either cruise.
 However there were areas when we were headed to the stairs or elevators that there was noticeable noise in the hallways.  Loud enough that I have to think it could heard in the cabins in the immediate area.  These noises were when at sea. 

• Like 1

Our Infinite Veranda cabin last year creaked and cracked continuously all day and night.  Our Sunset Veranda this past May did not.  Everyone we talked to who had the IV said theirs popped and creaked.

8 hours ago, jelayne said:
 However there were areas when we were headed to the stairs or elevators that there was noticeable noise in the hallways.  Loud enough that I have to think it could heard in the cabins in the immediate area.  These noises

We were on Deck 9 starboard, just about five cabins back from the forward elevator bank. We were in a Sky Suite, some of which were also reported to have noise. We didn’t. And we did not hear hallway creaks or ship noises either. However, we had one of the smoothest sailings we have ever experienced. In bad weather, things may have been different. 

I'm glad this thread popped back up.  We were looking at both Apex and Beyond.  I even posted a thread on which should I choose.  Almost everyone said Beyond, not mentioning the noise at all (I do think one person mentioned it).

This thread was stuck in my mind, however.

Well, cuss words! Our cabin in October is 9200(the cabin of the original poster) and our son and his fiance in 9204....guess we will need to bring some sort of sound machine😞

Edited by tbo

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

I can hardly wait!!

Which one were you in?

Did you have a lounger?

We had cabin 8343.  I'm thinking we didn't have loungers, but there was plenty of room for them.  It did have one of the bigger balconies at the very back. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Terre said:

We had cabin 8343.  I'm thinking we didn't have loungers, but there was plenty of room for them.  It did have one of the bigger balconies at the very back. 

We were in 8336 (right next door) back in September 2022 and will be again this December 2nd. Very quiet room. Only heard the mooring ropes sometimes in the morning while docking. 

Edited by vwlmember
edit content
  • Thanks 1

We are going on the Beyond next March in IV on deck 9, so I have been reading this thread. 

We just got off the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia last week. Its a smaller ship but as a comparison - we had several days of HIGH winds (20-30mph) and the cabin on deck 7 made lots of noises while in open water, not in the calm bays. The noises were within the shower wall, upper ceiling corner by balcony sliding doors and the balcony divider was literally banging in the winds. 

On 3/28/2023 at 6:17 AM, Lp410 said:

Anyone stayed in cabin 12293 on Beyond? Wondering about the creaking sounds!?

We were in 12166, a Magic Carpet Suite, and the noise was awful. We were right under the Magic Carpet. I'm starting to think that the issue is all in the Magic Carpet and that it would be impossible to brace a 1/4-size moving deck sufficiently to keep it from making noise and it is what is stressing the structure. 

We are currently on the beyond in a suite and luckily haven’t had any problems. Speaking to others on the sun deck and nobody has mentioned a problem either. Luck of the draw I guess.

13 hours ago, C4HCG said:

We are currently on the beyond in a suite and luckily haven’t had any problems. Speaking to others on the sun deck and nobody has mentioned a problem either. Luck of the draw I guess.

Thank you for the encouraging report.  
If anyone in a Sunset Verandah mentions any noise issues, I would be eager to know.  

On 2/20/2023 at 1:31 PM, Dylan0474mac said:

Currently on beyond. Our room sounds like it’s falling apart. Woke us up last night repeatedly.  They might have to take this whole thing apart and put it back together again. 
Our butler offered to have someone come check it out but the sounds are coming from the walls, the doors, and ceilings… everywhere.  I know it’s not something they can fix , but he tried. 

Are you in an Infinite Veranda cabin?  The one we had lsdt March was like that.  Our Sunset Balcony this past May was very peaceful.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:32 PM, mac_tlc said:

We were in 9154, magic carpet side but forward a bunch of cabins. No creaking at all. 

mac_tlc

In November, 2023, the Magic Carpet was our obstructed view.  We were directly under it in an IV cabin... We  couldn't sleep.  I heard the popping, cracking, and creaking even with ear plugs!  It was all day, all night.  Everyone we talked to who had an IV cabin complained about the same thing, so I think it may be mostly the IV cabins. 

On 8/27/2024 at 12:20 AM, jelayne said:

We have been on the Beyond 2x as recent as last week.  We were on Deck 9 & 10 mid ship. We did not experience any noise on either cruise.
 However there were areas when we were headed to the stairs or elevators that there was noticeable noise in the hallways.  Loud enough that I have to think it could heard in the cabins in the immediate area.  These noises were when at sea. 

We were on in January and she was loud some nights. They told us it had a lot to do with the ocean conditions and the speed of the ship. So some cruises wouldn’t have it at all. 

7 hours ago, ewespinme said:

We were on in January and she was loud some nights. They told us it had a lot to do with the ocean conditions and the speed of the ship. So some cruises wouldn’t have it at all. 

When we sailed her last November, our IV cabin creaked, popped, and cracked continuously the whole cruise, and we had very calm water and great weather conditions.  We were directly under the Magic Carpet and thought that may be the culprit, but we heard so many others complaining about it and they all had IV cabins.  No one in other cabin types experienced the noise.

This past May we booked a Sunset balcony, and had nothing.  It was wonderful!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terre said:

We were directly under the Magic Carpet and thought that may be the culprit, but we heard so many others complaining about it and they all had IV cabins. 

We were in a MC suite and our kids were in the connected inside room. 

• Like 1

The Edge was like this when it was first launched as well.  We were in cabin 11203 in 2019 and all the noise kept us awake on too many nights to count.  When we were in the same cabin in 2022, it was quiet.  I suspect that it takes several years for these ships to "settle."  

On 8/27/2024 at 2:10 PM, tbo said:

Well, cuss words! Our cabin in October is 9200(the cabin of the original poster) and our son and his fiance in 9204....guess we will need to bring some sort of sound machine😞

Could you kindly report back on your return? I also have this cabin booked for a future sailing  🥺