Price Comparison For The Same Category 2018 versus 2024

Keith1010

6 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

The Silver Muse doesn’t have SALT. Not sure what it is

it's a variety of things - Sea and Land Taste - they have cooking classes, shopping with the chef in ports and a restaurant where the menu reflects the area they're sailing in with dishes from that area being featured

Sadly Indochine isn't on Dawn and Moon but SALT is - when the new Nova launches there'll be even more dining options to choose from - https://www.silversea.com/about-silversea/press-releases/2023/january/silversea-unveils-all-silver-nova-venues-bars-lounges-restaurants.html

This is the competition that new Crystal will face in the luxury cruise market as Silversea, Regent and others bring even more new ships to market with new features and facilities

45 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I believe the Spirit is similar size after the 2018 stretch as muse moon and dawn, similar number of dining venues.

the main difference is the SALT restaurant on the muse class.

Yes. Closer to the muse class but doesn’t have everything. I’m happy either way. 

5 hours ago, Roland4 said:

The other issue is SS smoking policy. I was raised in an family of smokers, amd I am not a militamt non-smoker, but I have a problem with a smoking policy that says smoking on your balcony is "discouraged".

This piqued my interest and I checked our Chronicles (like Reflections) and found this on the smoking policy

It’s very clear - smoking is NOT allowed in suites or verandas/balconies - so that is very different then what you’re saying is the case 

It is however allowed both inside and outside of the Connoisseurs corner and on Port side of the Pool deck 

is that really much different then old Crystal? 

89C44E4C-9413-4AC3-8DC2-E2B030E54FD1.thumb.jpeg.8622b759603b84b822a816312393cd42.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

This piqued my interest and I checked our Chronicles (like Reflections) and found this on the smoking policy

It’s very clear - smoking is NOT allowed in suites or verandas/balconies - so that is very different then what you’re saying is the case 

It is however allowed both inside and outside of the Connoisseurs corner and on Port side of the Pool deck 

89C44E4C-9413-4AC3-8DC2-E2B030E54FD1.thumb.jpeg.8622b759603b84b822a816312393cd42.jpeg

Difference on at least the two Silversea vessels we sailed is that there was limited walking space outdoors compared to on Crystal so often we found walking on SS meant going by the smokers whereas on Crystal there are places outside to avoid that.  The other issue and this might only be on their older ships was location of their smoking areas indoors which at least on one of the ships was where the line queued  up for their main restaurant.  

The policy you quoted was the same we had even five+ years ago on SS so I was surprised when it was mentioned smoking was taking place on the verandahs.  Probably some people breaking the rules and/or rules not being enforced.  

Not saying Crystal didn't have their own issues as on Symphony there were issues with the smoke from the Conneseur room getting out to the main area.  But I am saying on the SS ships we sailed with less outdoor areas to walk compared to Crystal Ocean vessels  smoking was an issue and the configuration on those ships has not changed nor has the policy since we sailed them.

6 hours ago, bitob said:

The salt program also features an amazing bar with some wild and crazy drinks. We are not big drinkers but I know many who love it

Salt bar for me has been a great experience on Silversea.

Excellent cocktails 

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Difference on at least the two Silversea vessels we sailed is that there was limited walking space outdoors compared to on Crystal so often we found walking on SS meant going by the smokers whereas on Crystal there are places outside to avoid that.  The other issue and this might only be on their older ships was location of their smoking areas indoors which at least on one of the ships was where the line queued  up for their main restaurant.  

The policy you quoted was the same we had even five+ years ago on SS so I was surprised when it was mentioned smoking was taking place on the verandahs.  Probably some people breaking the rules and/or rules not being enforced.  

Not saying Crystal didn't have their own issues as on Symphony there were issues with the smoke from the Conneseur room getting out to the main area.  But I am saying on the SS ships we sailed with less outdoor areas to walk compared to Crystal Ocean vessels  smoking was an issue and the configuration on those ships has not changed nor has the policy since we sailed them.

Choice is good.

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Difference on at least the two Silversea vessels we sailed is that there was limited walking space outdoors compared to on Crystal so often we found walking on SS meant going by the smokers whereas on Crystal there are places outside to avoid that. 

On the Muse class ships there is a walking track on deck 11 that is not near any smoking area - it is well used and offer a short and long route

There is no promenade deck but there are plenty of outdoor areas - including a spacious external deck forward in deck 12 with access from Tors lounge on Deck 11. Not an exercise area but a great area for sail aways (but you could play Louis's song if you wanted to recreate the moment) and arrivals in port. It does not seem to be well known as it was never busy

39 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

On the Muse class ships there is a walking track on deck 11 that is not near any smoking area - it is well used and offer a short and long route

There is no promenade deck but there are plenty of outdoor areas - including a spacious external deck forward in deck 12 with access from Tors lounge on Deck 11. Not an exercise area but a great area for sail aways (but you could play Louis's song if you wanted to recreate the moment) and arrivals in port. It does not seem to be well known as it was never busy

Yes indeed plenty of space to walk around and run if needed.

A good gym also.

The old ships that Keith experienced five years ago are now not indicative of the excellent ships that Silversea offers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

It was stated in the "safety" video, or by the CD, on day 1, when we boarded in Buenos Aires, smoking is "discouraged" on the balcony. We basically did a "double take" when we heard it, and many people have commented on it. 

Edited by Roland4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bitob said:

And chess

My wife was not impressed with the jigsaw puzzle table location on Silver Muse - the one on Regent Explorer wins hands done so far 

Old Crystal wasn’t so good on that front either with it tucked away in the Bridge Room - pretty much on a par with Silversea. On Regent it’s out in the open near the Coffee Connection and a very social place 

Edited by Stickman1990

25 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

My wife was not impressed with the jigsaw puzzle table location on Silver Muse - the one on Regent Explorer wins hands done so far 

Old Crystal wasn’t so good on that front either with it tucked away in the Bridge Room - pretty much on a par with Silversea. On Regent it’s out in the open near the Coffee Connection and a very social place 

The very prominent and public location of the puzzle on splendor was a source of some great entertainment. There was a woman who worked on it every day — in her bathrobe. 

the puzzle on voyager was tucked away near the library. 

Edited by bitob
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

The puzzle on Seabourn is in Seabourn Square which is an ideal location for anyone wanting to stop by

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitob said:

The very prominent and public location of the puzzle on splendor was a source of some great entertainment. There was a woman who worked on it every day — in her bathrobe. 

the puzzle on voyager was tucked away near the library. 

Sheer class

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

That's interesting. There is no open deck forward on this ship, possibly because there is no Deck 12, it ends at 11. The Observatory Library on Deck 11 forward is the only place on the ship, other than the bridge camera, that you can look forward. It's also where the board games and card tables (didn't notice a puzzle) are located so it can be a bit noisy.

We are very sensitive to smoke and cigarettes, never had an issue on the Silver Spirit. Also did significant number of rounds on their jogging track. I really don't understand those comments about Crystal jogging track. Yes, it's longer, so what? If you want to walk a certain distance, you just do more rounds on SS.. In fact, SS jogging track has much better views because it's higher, so this is a definite plus to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We are very sensitive to smoke and cigarettes, never had an issue on the Silver Spirit. Also did significant number of rounds on their jogging track. I really don't understand those comments about Crystal jogging track. Yes, it's longer, so what? If you want to walk a certain distance, you just do more rounds on SS.. In fact, SS jogging track has much better views because it's higher, so this is a definite plus to me.

We will do what it takes for exercise. With that said prefer the promenade deck on Crystal vessels for several reasons including it's length, (it can get boring if you don't have much to walk seeing the same things over and over(, that you have one shady side and possibly two, and you can walk under the overhang and there are days where you can walk on the promenade when not conducive to walk on top of the ship.  

Like most things each of us has our preferences and that includes how/where we exercise.

Keith

2 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

The puzzle on Seabourn is in Seabourn Square which is an ideal location for anyone wanting to stop by

Imo seabourn square is unmatched as a feature on any ship. Brilliant concept. Surprised no other line has duplicated it.  

• Like 1