Water

tigger54

I just checked and on our upcoming Eclipse cruise it appears the cheapest way to get bottled water is to purchase the Zero Proof Drink Package at $26.99 per person per day. I didn't see anywhere you could separately order bottled water.

Overview

Stay refreshed with this zero-alcohol drink package. Start your morning off right with a cup of premium coffee or tea and fresh juices. Stay hydrated with premium water or sodas. And enjoy your evenings out with zero proof cocktails

What's Included

• Premium Coffees
  • Premium Teas
  • Acqua Panna Water
  • Evian Water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Vitamin Water
  • Red Bull and Editions
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Sodas
  • Spa Café Fresh Juice
  •  

Important details and advisements

• Includes all non-alcoholic beverages onboard.
  • Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.
  • Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service.
  • Packages must be purchased for the entire cruise.
  • If the package is purchased onboard, after the first day, the guest will be charged for the number of nights remaining in the voyage.
  • Packages can be sold until the last two days of the cruise, or at the discretion of the Beverage Operations Manager.
  • Packages can be upgraded at any time up to the last two days of the cruise, or at the Beverage Operations Manager’s Discretion.
  • No refunds are to be issued after the day of Embarkation for prepaid packages or after 24 hours for packages purchased onboard.
  • In extreme circumstances, such as a sudden illness, Beverage Packages can be refunded but only at the discretion of the Beverage Operation Manager.
  • When a package is canceled, the guest will be charged for the number of nights the package was held.
  • Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.
  • Offers are non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.

1 hour ago, tigger54 said:

Where would I go on the Celebrity website to order bottled water. I have looked all over but can’t seem to find it.

Thank you!

If I did not have a drink package and only wanted to drink bottled water, I would put it inside a duffel bag with a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to my cabin.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spammie said:

If I did not have a drink package and only wanted to drink bottled water, I would put it inside a duffel bag with a luggage tag on it and have it delivered to my cabin.  

No need to put it inside a duffel bag on Celebrity. Just tape a luggage tag to the case and it will get delivered to your room.

• Like 1

I know some other cruise lines let you order water to be brought to your cabin but after doing more homework don’t think they do that. That’s ok. We will bring our large water mugs and fill them ourselves.

Thank you everyone for your quick replys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Why did you think that?

I actually don't "think" that, I know it for a fact. Was just on Millennium 2/18, brought 4-1 gallon bottles to check with my luggage (as I have done in the past) and was told they are not allowed to check it. I had to carry all 4 bottles on board with me. Not sure if it is a Celebrity rule or a Pan America rule, but it was definitely a rule.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 5:20 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

Interesting. How were they packaged. Were they in some sort of set that could have been put on as checked luggage or were they individual? The cases we have checked were boxed and plastic wrapped.  Were you able to get them on board?

There were 4 individual gallons but when I purchase them,  I ask for them from the back of the store before the plastic shrink wrap is cut off. I was able to bring it on board, but had to carry it myself.

Edited by Giraffes

Aren't most cruise ship's tap water from reverse osmosis filtering?   That's same water (reverse osmosis) I drink from home.   I remember they tasted pretty good at the cruise.   Hotel tap water, on the other hand, is hit or miss. 

• Like 1

Yes ships water is reverse osmosis and to me tastes fine.

I believe I heard early on with Edge sailings they weren't allowing bottled water to be brought on as they were making a point about the reduction of single use plastic.   I suspect that may have now morphed into the fact you may not be able to check it at the pier but they allow you to carry it on.

On 3/11/2023 at 7:58 AM, lostchild said:

Aren't most cruise ship's tap water from reverse osmosis filtering?   That's same water (reverse osmosis) I drink from home.   I remember they tasted pretty good at the cruise.   Hotel tap water, on the other hand, is hit or miss. 

Agree - we travel with refillable water bottles and find the tap water very nice (drink RO at home too).  Hate to see all the single use plastic bottles even though the ship does separate plastic for recycle purposes.

There are water bottle filling stations and the water is reverse osmosis treated.  It does taste a bit flat as no.salts are added.

If you want to carry water on board was told the allowance is the same as sodas.  1 12pk per passenger brought on board with your carry on bags.  Too much breakage and thus leaks in checked baggage.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:52 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Yes ships water is reverse osmosis and to me tastes fine.

I believe I heard early on with Edge sailings they weren't allowing bottled water to be brought on as they were making a point about the reduction of single use plastic.   I suspect that may have now morphed into the fact you may not be able to check it at the pier but they allow you to carry it on.

Last year on the Reflection in Rome we could not bring onboard any water in single use plastic bottles. Water had to be in glass or aluminum containers. With the classic drink package you get the canned 12 oz water containers with a screw top. My wife used one to refill at the OVC refilling station to take on shore with us as neither one of us liked the taste of the canned water. We had the PDK and got 1 liter Evian in glass bottles for our suite. We now have 2 16oz refillable insulated metal water bottles to take water off the ship on our cruises this year. We got them on Amazon and they are very light and keep water and ice cold for over 12 hours.

I am a very picky water drinker, and I think the water on Celebrity is excellent! Have been on Connie and Edge this year. 
I prefer it to the metallic taste of their canned water. 

Save money and plastic/aluminum and bring a refillable container. 

20 minutes ago, redhead9 said:

I am a very picky water drinker, and I think the water on Celebrity is excellent! Have been on Connie and Edge this year. 

Have to agree.   Even though I usually have premium water available I usually drink the melted Ice Water in the evening.

30 minutes ago, redhead9 said:

I am also a very picky water drinker; I was in the water filtration business for over 20 years before I retired. I never drink unfiltered tap water on land, I have a under sink RO system in my kitchen and a chilled RO water cooler in my laundry room. I only drink bottled water in restaurants and when I am away from home. We were on one of the first Equinox cruises in August 2021 after the lockdowns and the canned water had an even stronger metallic taste as I think they had been stored on the ship for the 18 months of lockdowns in the heat.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1