Premium Dessert Pictures - Discovery Princess

Shelly97060

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Somehow I think this might be more appropriate on a Disney ship minus the alcohol. 

Well J.P. did come from Disney so you may be onto something there.

Edited by brisalta

14 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

I'm just wondering how these premium desserts are a perk for a diabetic🤔

Or if you are gluten free.   All seem to have some kind of baked good included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

huh,   so all the young people like em' and all the old curmugeon's don't.

Why Do They Always Come Here? - Bizarre Statler & Waldorf Theories -  ToughPigs

Well, I'm in my twenties and I don't think that they look particularly appealing...

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, c-boy said:

huh,   so all the young people like em' and all the old curmugeon's don't.

Why Do They Always Come Here? - Bizarre Statler & Waldorf Theories -  ToughPigs

Well I'm  50+ and a size 6 but I'm going to give one a go - though will be adding wet wipes to my packing list. Or will eat it in the shower.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Those things look like a godawful mess, not appealing at all. Just looking at them makes me feel ill. I can't imagine wanting to eat that stuff. And the «Premium» package includes unlimited numbers of these things?

Pity the person who gets the job of washing all that sticky muck off the outsides of the glasses.

2 hours ago, shorne said:

Those things look like a godawful mess, not appealing at all. Just looking at them makes me feel ill. I can't imagine wanting to eat that stuff. And the «Premium» package includes unlimited numbers of these things?

Pity the person who gets the job of washing all that sticky muck off the outsides of the glasses.

I'd love to meet the people who come up with the design of those concoctions.

I picture them as young people around 20 years old, never been on a cruise ship, still watch adult cartoons, and play video games. 

Anyway, it's hard to accept that Carnival Corp. would let anyone be give free reign to construct just a mess of a dessert & still be employed. 

Maybe I'm just getting to old for what the newer generation thinks a cruise should be.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'd love to meet the people who come up with the design of those concoctions.

I picture them as young people around 20 years old, never been on a cruise ship, still watch adult cartoons, and play video games.

I had thought of a group of five-year-olds. But then it occurred to me that I might be the odd one out, and that passengers in the main might enjoy that mountain of sugar. After all, vulgarity and down-market tastes are by no means rare on cruises.

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Eat it in the shower and let your SO lick off what misses your mouth.

Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.
The love boat soon will be making another run
The love boat promises something for everyone

Well, the wife said she wanted to try something new and exciting.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:53 AM, Steelers36 said:

Do any of these concoctions taste any good?  I might try one just so I could talk/write about it, but I must say, I'd rather have some quality scoops of real ice cream or gelato.  I have had a number of gourmet-restaurant-quality desserts in my past, but none like these.

I had one of the "DaVincis" on the Caribbean P a couple months ago...just after they came out.  I consider it one of those "one and done" type items...it was just OK but a bit ridiculous given all the "extra" stuff they stick out the top.  I'm with you on the ice cream or gelato.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It should prove interesting to see how long those concoctions last before they offer something decent. 

Right now I think people are still just ordering them to find our what there all about.

My thought exactly!  I don't think they'll be around very long.  Too labor intensive to make.

I ordered one today for dh and I to share. The tiramisu one. Because it’s a sundae glass and quite sloped, there wasn’t even 2 scoops of ice cream in it. The top has a little ice cream, 2 thin rectangles of chocolate and a square of tiramisu fall red cake. 

So not nearly as big as it appears. We enjoyed it, but it’s probably a one and done for me this trip. 

I asked if I could “make my own sundae” and the answer was “no”. Just the 5 or 6 they offer. 

IMG_7559.thumb.jpeg.c17c14190437b05672345240de2e1b03.jpeg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

My thought exactly!  I don't think they'll be around very long.  Too labor intensive to make.

As they were making it you should have told the guy to stop once he had the ice cream in the glass. Forget about all the extras on top & it might actually be OK.

7 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

I ordered one today for dh and I to share. The tiramisu one. Because it’s a sundae glass and quite sloped, there wasn’t even 2 scoops of ice cream in it. The top has a little ice cream, 2 thin rectangles of chocolate and a square of tiramisu fall red cake. 

You didn't demand your four or five parti-coloured lollipops?

On 3/1/2023 at 6:38 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Well, that answers the question why the elite minibar is being reduced to only 6 minis.

Santa Clarita:  "We need to make these desserts happen without increasing our bottles expenditure. Hey, elites can make do with 6 bottles!"

😆

Just as long as i can still trade the minibar.  Now to see if I can trade it for obc in 3 weeks 

It took me 2 weeks to drop my cruise weight and I'm on in 3 weeks. So I really don't need these. Will stick to 2 scoups gelato / ice cream / sorbet and a (1) chocolate chip / oatmeal raisin / pb cookie after lunch or dinner. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1