Go Green Program

sunonfire

I just signed up for the Go Green Program. My husband liked the idea of picking a time for the steward to come. First question do the stewards come at the specific time requested? My last Celebrity cruise with the Go Green I thought they limited bath towels. The current program doesn’t specifically mention  bath towels. Will the steward leave extra towels? Thanks.

We have not been offered a specific time for cleaning, only asked if we prefer morning or evening.  We tell the cabin attendant that we sleep in and normally will be out of the cabin between 11- 1:30. 

We opted in by telling guest relations and telling our steward.  There is also a sign up on their full website.

Our steward still came in twice a day.  Morning while we were at breakfast for cleaning and during dinner to change towels and drop off chocolates.

He also often asked if there was anything we needed when we saw him in the hallway. 

We did Go Green on our last sailing and honestly say no difference between it and the regular service. We weren't limited in any way with towels. We didn't specify a time for the cleaning, however we had the most amazing steward we've ever had on any of our cruises who seemed to magically know as soon as we left our cabin that we were gone and cleaned our room before we returned.

• Like 2

We've signed up for Go Green for all our cruises since the program started and didn't notice any difference from prior to Go Green. We've never been asked to pick a time on any of the ships we were on. Each time the cabin attendent cleaned the room in the morning and did turn down plus the bathroom in the evening. 

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

...do the stewards come at the specific time requested? ...Will the steward leave extra towels?

We were "green" on our cruise last autumn and, to answer your specific questions:

We could choose a rough time frame, but the periods covered several hours, such as "10 a.m. to 2 p.m." or something like that. While my bride and I rise early, she takes a bit longer to get ready because she's a work-out nut, so our chosen period started at 11:00 a.m., if I recall.

That said, we quickly got to know our (excellent) steward and -- whether we left our room earlier or later than 11 a.m. -- we'd often see him and chat a bit. That surely tipped him off about our room's accessibility, as did the magnetic "do not disturb" sign on our door.

Also, my wife likes two larger towels (bath size? body size?) per shower and, the day we arrived, I called the steward to ask for an extra one for her. I never needed to ask for one again 😃

Finally, I must add that "going green" means reducing the cleaning service in your room (based on our last Celebrity experience) from twice per day to once, as you would experience in most hotels. Also, choosing the green service did not preclude the turn-down service in the evening -- at which time our steward would also replace any towels we'd used after returning to our pristine cabin, as well as leave the ubiquitous chocolates on pillows, Celebrity newsletters/announcements on the bed, etc.

Hope his helps!

cjr

So what exactly is Green about having your cabin serviced once a day rather than twice?  Sounds more like a cost cutting initiative masquerading as a Green initiative.  Maybe I just don't understand.

1 hour ago, CNSfromHI said:

Thought the same thing.

cjr

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

So what exactly is Green about having your cabin serviced once a day rather than twice?  Sounds more like a cost cutting initiative masquerading as a Green initiative.  Maybe I just don't understand.

Fewer chemicals used, for one thing

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Yes even if you sign up online, confirm it with someone on the ship to make sure that your name is on their housekeeping list. Retreat host, guest services, it won’t really matter who as long as you confirm it.

This advice is spot on.

here’s what happened to me on the last cruise.  I signed up on line. On boarding day I went to Guest. services to confirm and the young lady I spoke to said that they hadn’t received the list from shoreside yet and to check back later.  I went back two days later and was told “your name isn’t on the list and unfortunately you can only sign up on day one so it’s too late now”!!!!  I protested that I had, in fact, been there on day 1 and had been rebuffed.  It took discussions with two different supervisors to fix it.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.020b110a1deac694192f5c338e7d2455.png

Interesting, we just received an email from X regarding Go Green:

INCREASE YOUR CLUB POINTS 
BY REDUCING YOUR FOOTPRINT 

We're committed to protecting the world's seas and the rich 
marine life they support. That's why our comprehensive program 
Save the Waves guides everything we do. It emphasizes recycling, 
pollution prevention, doing more than is required by law, 
and constant innovation. 

Our latest addition to this program, Go GreenSM, allows you to 
earn Captain's Club rewards and enjoy the same extraordinary 
experiences, while conserving energy, and using fewer resources. 
Learn more and enroll today.

Edited by C-Dragons

So much mis-info…

- Most sign up for the points

- GoGreen simply reduces the turndown cleaning, they will straighten up perhaps wipe the bathroom counter but will not scrub shower like they do in the morning

- a misconception is towels, if you leave towels on the floor you receive new ones regardless if you have gogreen or not

-With cleaning times, occasionally they may ask for your prefer time but you can also request a time, just don’t get upset if they’re unable to

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

So much mis-info…

- Most sign up for the points

- GoGreen simply reduces the turndown cleaning, they will straighten up perhaps wipe the bathroom counter but will not scrub shower like they do in the morning

- a misconception is towels, if you leave towels on the floor you receive new ones regardless if you have gogreen or not

-With cleaning times, occasionally they may ask for your prefer time but you can also request a time, just don’t get upset if they’re unable to

Your understanding reflects my experiences after "going green" for several cruises (and I do not need the extra points).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

or the morning cleaning.  You have your choice.

I personally have never been offered a reduced cleaning in the morning and a full cleaning evening so didn’t even know that was option so thanks…Occasionally have been asked if in the morning if they want them to come clean early or late

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

For my “go green” I have one cleaning a day. Nothing in the morning, and a complete cleaning in the evening. That fits my schedule best. Some people turn it around and want to complete cleaning in the morning and some minimal service in the evening. Some people go with just the morning service and nothing at all in the evening.  The point is, it is something less than the full two cleanings today and it can be customized to fit your needs