Disembarkation

wanderlust1219

Hi, I haven't cruised in many years, and this will be my first time on Celebrity.

I will be on Beyond in May.  I am trying to arrange transportation from the Rome Civitavecchia port to FCO airport and the transfer service wants to know what time to pick us up.  I can see that the ship docks at 5am, but how will I know what time to tell them?  Our flight leaves FCO at 11am.  Thanks!

Walk offs usually begin at 7:00 followed by general disembarkation at 7:15

11AM may be a tight connection and I would leave as early as possible.   They recommend 2 hour arrival for European Flights 3 hours for International flights.   Lines are often very long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you can carry off your own luggage then you could do walk off debarkation.  If everything goes well that would have you off the ship 7:15 - 7:30.  

Getting to the airport is about a hour, unless there is a public transit worker strike, at which point traffic becomes a nightmare.  Encountered that 2x and took 3 hours to get to the airport.  

A 11 a.m. flight would have me very stressed.  Is there a later option?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My info is all prior to 2020 so not sure if anything has changed. We had Rome Cabs meet us as soon as we walked off with our luggage. Multiple times we were off by 6:45am and they were waiting for us although our pickup time was 0700 and easily got to FCO and our gate with time to spare. We did have to line up with our luggage by 6:15am for disembarkation and the line does get long. Our flights were always 10:50am but we never had to deal with a late ship arrival, traffic issue or other than what were normal delays at FCO. We were never stressed while doing this although it made for a long day. 

Edited by ivycruise
  • Thanks 1

I won’t book 11am coming out of Fort Lauderdale and that airport is a few minutes from the port. You never know if there could be a delay in docking, getting your luggage if you don’t do walkoff, if your transportation is on time, traffic, airport lines, etc. Especially for an international flight! 

Me personally, I would book the later flight even though it adds time, but I would come off the ship not stressed and worried about making the flight and fully relaxed from a great vacation.

• Like 1

You will be fine at 11am.  Have done similar flight times on numerous occasions from FCO.  Just arrange your pickup at 715am to 730am and they will be outside the terminal door with you name on a sign.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Ken52891 said:

This may be a good place to ask, but I have a cruise in Feb 2024 out of Port Everglades. Would I make a 10 am flight from FLL Airport on disembarkation day? 

Ken

Maybe, but I think you're cutting it too close.

1 hour ago, Ken52891 said:

This may be a good place to ask, but I have a cruise in Feb 2024 out of Port Everglades. Would I make a 10 am flight from FLL Airport on disembarkation day? 

Ken

You absolutely will make it as long as you there are no delays with debarkation, immigration, transportation to the airport, checking bags, or getting through security.  That's the trick. 

If you walk off a soon as you are able, you should be able to get to the airport around 8 AM (assuming no delays).

2 hours ago, Ken52891 said:

Yikes! I thought I was cutting it close with a 11:37 AM flight, but the alternatives of 1:29 PM, 3:44 PM, and 7:22 PM are less desired the later in the afternoon they are.