Loud Drunk Guests Next Door

TrueCruiseaholic

3 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

What would you do if your next door neighbors came back at 3 am and proceeded to have a get together with another couple for another two and a half hours? They were extremely loud and disruptive.

I don't want to antagonize them, because they could do this every night in retribution.

I would call guest services and complain immediately.  

Now I would never do this, but one might accidentally use a house phone and call their room at 7:00 AM,  8:00 AM and 9:00 AM

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

3 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I had a similar issue about a year ago. I called guest relations at that time. Nothing was done.

On that cruise, the guests in question were in their early 20s. On this cruise, they are in their early 50s. I don't know which set of guests would be more likely to abide a security officer telling them to quiet down.

If it happens again, I would call security immediately and ask them to come up. I've had this happen in a hotel, and they've immediately come up. I watchedthe security guard stand by their door, and when he was convinced that it was disruptive immediately knocked on the door. It certainly is worth a try. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Doesn’t your cabin number show up on the display of the offending partners phone? Otherwise, good idea! 

House phone for the win. But yeah, they would probably have you on camera pulling the stunt…might not end pretty. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

In December the people in the suite next door smoked every day on the balcony. It was awful for us and felt so unsafe and inconsiderate.

I called guest services four or five times -- the last time I called a security officer came to my room within minutes, and after a quick nod she walked quickly and wordlessly to the edge of my balcony, leaned over and saw the lady smoking. 

She promptly went next door to address it.

I listened in a little from our balcony and the funny part was that the smoker denied it was her and said she smelled smoke, too? The officer said, "Ma'am, I see the ashtray right here." 😂

I went inside after that and enjoyed the rest of the cruise smoke free while on our balcony. 

I recommend you call guest services. 

Edited by Butterfly0822
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, wallysdtr said:

I too agree.    A few years ago, the lady next to us was smoking on her balcony.  My husband who has asthma asked her to stop smoking in her cabin.  She apologized but continued on other occasions.   In hindsight, we should have gone to guest services to report the issue.   Guess what I am saying, is follow the advice of the other posters.  This behavior will probably continue and you deserve a quiet night. 

A few years ago we were sailing on a RC ship, I think it was Freedom of the Seas. I was standing out on our balcony and could smell someone smoking. Not sure if it was directly next to us or a couple away. It was daytime and the ship was moving. Just as I'm standing there noticing the smoke smell, I saw their butt get flicked off their balcony and it caught the wind and landed on a balcony a few decks below us. This is exactly what I'd heard would happen and I saw it with my own eyes. I went to security. Not sure if they were able to do anything though, because I couldn't be sure which balcony they were on.

So dangerous though. Seriously, if you're going to break the rules and smoke on your balcony (which you shouldn't do!) at least throw it in an empty pop can or something. Sorry for the thread hijack. whenever I hear of someone smoking on a balcony, I remember what I saw.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

What would you do if your next door neighbors came back at 3 am and proceeded to have a get together with another couple for another two and a half hours? They were extremely loud and disruptive.

I don't want to antagonize them, because they could do this every night in retribution.

Happened our our Constellation Spring Break cruise about 10 yrs ago.

The spring breakers next door were having a late night party the last night.

DH knocked & politely asked them to turn it down & they did. They were still having fun, but they were quieter after that. Had they not quieted down, we would have called security.

One day upon returning from Key West, they had loud music on the balcony in the afternoon.

I can live with that (and with a cruise of 3/4 college students, rather expected it).

But 2AM? Nope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now I would never do this, but one might accidentally use a house phone and call their room at 7:00 AM,  8:00 AM and 9:00 AM

Back in the 90's I had a new land line number assigned and had someone that would routinely call me at 1 or 2 in the morning almost every night. No matter how many times I told them they had the wrong number they would call again the next night or so. They finally stopped about the 3rd time I called them back at 6am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Back in the 90's I had a new land line number assigned and had someone that would routinely call me at 1 or 2 in the morning almost every night.   They finally stopped about the 3rd time I called them back at 6am.😁

Smart move.  Very smart.  

2 hours ago, Butterfly0822 said:

In December the people in the suite next door smoked every day on the balcony. It was awful for us and felt so unsafe and inconsiderate.

I called guest services four or five times -- the last time I called a security officer came to my room within minutes, and after a quick nod she walked quickly and wordlessly to the edge of my balcony, leaned over and saw the lady smoking. 

She promptly went next door to address it.

I listened in a little from our balcony and the funny part was that the smoker denied it was her and said she smelled smoke, too? The officer said, "Ma'am, I see the ashtray right here." 😂

I went inside after that and enjoyed the rest of the cruise smoke free while on our balcony. 

I recommend you call guest services. 

Unfortunately this is entirely different as smoking is a safety issue while being disruptive isn't

6 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

1)  First course of action should be to video record it which gives you evidence and a date/time stamp

2)  Go to guest services, ideally in the middle of the night when it's loud, present the evidence and ask for another stateroom and explain this is ruining your sleep and vacation experience

Read many horror stories that when security would enter the offending stateroom they'll say something like "one of your neighboring staterooms is complaining"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mnocket said:

Why not call Guest Services and ask to move to another cabin?

Guest services will move you due to noise if possible, OP. My sister was in an inside cabin and it shared a wall with a food services corridor. Starting around 5:30 in the morning, she heard carts rattling up and down the corridor (not main hall) for room service. Every time the door to the corridor opened and closed, it shook the length of the wall in her cabin. She tried three nights out of eight dealing with it, but it was every early morning for about 2 hours. She went to guest services to ask about moving rooms (to another inside room) and they moved her to a concierge balcony room. I was sailing with her but in another inside cabin...I was quite jealous. 

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Why not start at 0500 or 0600?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

ji - heck that is late, get up early, say around 4a and call, then 4.30a and 5a... 

Just in time to greet Room Service... LOL

bon voyage

57 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Why not start at 0500 or 0600?

‘cause the phone won’t wake them up that early if they are very hangover. Don’t ask how I know about it. I do not have related experience. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Not saying I woul.d do this but you could go to a house phone on a different deck early that morning and call security's number and say you saw someone in that cabin smoking on the balcony.

Edited by DaKahuna

Like others I will never put up with obnoxious inconsiderate cruisers next door.

One try being nice knocking on their door and being polite then security and guest services get called.

Wanna party? there are 20 bars on the ship to party at. Smoking shouldn’t be allowed on any ship. Too many issues and too dangerous.

Just my opinion. But I’m not a smoker just lived with both parents that did. So in a sense I did smoke…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Two wrongs????? Hmmmmmm……..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

You're just running into all the wrong people this cruise!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, go.without.you said:

Back in the 90's I had a new land line number assigned and had someone that would routinely call me at 1 or 2 in the morning almost every night. No matter how many times I told them they had the wrong number they would call again the next night or so. They finally stopped about the 3rd time I called them back at 6am.

Many years ago I would have someone call and ask for Gloria.  I would tell them they had the wrong number, then they would just hang up!  It's the just hanging up part that used to get me so angry.  

Finally, one time I answered that Gloria was here, but she was too drunk to come to the phone.

They never called again.😛

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I was on an Oceania cruise last year where my next-door neighbor decided that his stateroom was a good place to practice the saxophone.  I called Guest Services, and they told him that it was not.

Snorted my coffee.

16 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Snorted my coffee.

I later was seated with the maestro at dinner!  Awkward.

He said he thought the middle of the day on a Transatlantic crossing was a great time to practice.  I told him, ah, no.  That's post lunch nap time....

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

I later was seated with the maestro at dinner!  Awkward.

He said he thought the middle of the day on a Transatlantic crossing was a great time to practice.  I told him, ah, no.  That's post lunch nap time....

You should have told him that it was the perfect time but he should do it on the pool deck and not in his stateroom, unless your room was under the pool deck. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Haha 2