another data breach? My.silversea reveals random peoples details - and different each time I log in!

les37b

Good lord - how hard can it be for them to terminate any active sessions on the database 

Sure you can’t log in but it hasn’t kicked off existing sessions so data for other parties is still accessible 

Who is running Silversea IT? It’s amateur hour!

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Good lord - how hard can it be for them to terminate any active sessions on the database 

Sure you can’t log in but it hasn’t kicked off existing sessions so data for other parties is still accessible 

who is running Silversea IT? It’s amateur hour!

It's not just active sessions as I said above.

I opened a different web browser I dont use and it jumped me straight in. They've done something for sure, but not enough and details are still visible.

Edited by les37b
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, les37b said:

I opened a different web browser I dont use and it jumped me straight in. They've done something for sure, but not enough and details are still visible.

I can still see Fred's trip from Fiji to Australia. I don't know Fred.

3 minutes ago, les37b said:

Same here (gulp)

Main browser is Firefox but using Edge (which I rarely use) it just took me straight in to the My Silversea - I’m guessing the browser has somehow stored the existing session? 

The extraneous data is available to me on Edge

I just tried logging in to My Silversea account and got an error message so it would not let me log in at all. So have not seen anything, including anyone else's information.

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I just tried logging in to My Silversea account and got an error message so it would not let me log in at all. So have not seen anything, including anyone else's information.

It won’t let you in now, but it still hasn’t terminated the existing sessions. That is serious amateur hour for any self respecting IT professional.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stickman1990 said:

Au contraire - You might not be concerned about your private data but most of us are

It’s a significant issue worthy of discussion 

I Didn't say I wasn't concerned, I was merely pre-empting the overdue official line. I Apologise for my British sense of humour, I know its unfathomable to some.. My passport is out there too.

• Like 4

Happened to us too, in the US. I logged on with my account and my wife’s and we got the same wrong person. Very bad security. This is a breach. I believe this needs to go into an SEC filing too. 

Here’s the definition of a Personally Identifiable Information (PII) breach in the US. 
PII Breach means the loss of control, compromise, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized acquisition, unauthorized access or any similar term referring to situations where persons other than the authorized users, and for other than authorized purposes, have access or potential access to PII, whether physical or electronic.

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/pii-breach

I can no longer log in, so that’s better. 

Edited by CruiserFromMaine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Didn't say I wasn't concerned, I was merely pre-empting the overdue official line. I Apologise for my British sense of humour, I know its unfathomable to some.. My passport is out there too.

I’d already used the line.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2927066-another-data-breach-mysilversea-reveals-random-peoples-details-and-different-each-time-i-log-in/?do=findComment&comment=65099197

8 minutes ago, theotherKennyB said:

Just tried to log in to my account at 5:56 PM (Los Angeles time) and got this message:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #102.e7da0760.1680051363.2f907744

Me too

I tried at 6am Aus time as I am waiting for flight details 

I really want to be Lyndall….

or Michelle…

But sometimes I went back to being me

it was already mentioned elsewhere so I let it slide…

a little bit of me was like teeeee heeeee I could change all their pre books…

and no.  I would not do that, but hey, if you were on the same cruise and you were a wait list…