Ruby Drydock Confirmation Sept 24-October 22

BermudaBound2014

Home today---Enjoyed my 4 b2b's.

Didn't find out about the spa. I'm Sorry

Again from the captain, said the Buffett is not being made into the Marketplace.

He wasn't happy about it. He thinks it should be.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Ruby yesterday. They embarked contractors in SF and had a large crane loading materials onto the Lido deck. Lots of rolls of new carpet spotted on the pier, road cases (presumably tools and equipment), and lots of other materials and things. Gone were the usual stacks and obvious boxes of provisions (although there were some).

I assumed we would see some work commencing during our 10 day voyage directly ahead of the dry dock. Fortunately there was none. Everything was open and operating as normal. I did note a couple of contractor personnel who were already onboard. Forgot the logo on their shirts, but they were IT related kinda guys and definitely not crew. But that was it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, skynight said:

When you look at the photo in post #84 notice coverings on the stern of the ship that look something like plywood. Anyone know what this is for? Is there some sort of re-building going on in this area?

It's just containment for painting / surfacing most likely.

Edited by Outerdog
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

How long is she staying in Portland

We’re scheduled to sail on her out of San Francisco on Oct 22, so they have a little over a week to get it done. I’m anxious to see how she looks, although I’ve never sailed the Ruby before so everything will be new to me!

7 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I think this is on the Ruby - looks like new carpet coming in (or maybe old carpet being removed).  Not an easy job for these hard working folks with Xaler.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyEREMHJZlh/

That looks like new carpet - old carpet they would have cut into smaller pieces.  My guess is that this was a hallway carpet.

• Thanks 1

Excellent.  I heard she is heading to Victoria Canada for a week long wetdock to finish her remodel.  Hope they are updating the Horizon Cafe buffet, it was looking a bit dated on my Alaska cruise in May.  Excited to be the first group to sail on her in 10 days!

I believe Cafe Caribe has always been there but was just used as an extension of the Horizon Court buffet on busy sea days.  We were on Ruby in May and I could not tell where the Horizon ended and Caribe started.  They were almost one of the same.

• Like 3