• Promenade/Central Park Balcony
    • Ocean View Balcony
    • Junior Suite
    • Grand Suite
    • Ocean View Suite
    • Owners Suite
    • Villa Suite
    • Royal Suite

I absolutely LOVE interior cabins. I know people call them broom closets, but to me it's literally just a place to shower and sleep, nothing more. We're always out and about all over the ship and really only return to change and go to bed.

Speaking of sleep, I sleep SO amazingly in those interior cabins! It's SO dark, which is fantastic for me. I'm one of those people for whom a nightlight is too bright and I can't fall asleep, so the whole idea of natural light for the cabin really doesn't appeal to me at all. 

My parents will never cruise in anything less than an Oceanview Balcony, so if we're really want to escape for the crowds of the upper decks, we could just go hang out with them. But really we don't do much in the way of just lounging around. When we've had our own balconies we literally never went out there.

• Like 6

When we started cruising we sailed in ocean view cabins. We wanted natural light so that was the cabin that best fit our budget. As we got older and could afford more, we started sailing in balcony cabins. On our cruise a month ago we went back to an ocean view because the itinerary was port intensive (no sea days) so we wouldn't need a balcony because we would always be in port and wouldn't have time to hang out on the balcony. We found we really missed the balcony multiple times during the day (pulling into and leaving the port, morning coffee etc.) so we knew then that we would always have a balcony in the future. We've never sailed in a suite of any kind.

We generally sail in Junior Suites if the price difference isn't too much more than a balcony. I'll pay an extra $300 or so PP for one (for a 7 day cruise). I find the extra space and few perks worth it for the right price. We're booked in one for our first post-covid cruise on the Wonder in October. First time bringing the kids (8,6, & almost 2), so we really wanted the extra space. 

Otherwise, we'll do an Ocean View balcony. I enjoy having a private place to get some fresh air and escape the crowds.

11 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

I absolutely LOVE interior cabins. I know people call them broom closets, but to me it's literally just a place to shower and sleep, nothing more. We're always out and about all over the ship and really only return to change and go to bed.

Speaking of sleep, I sleep SO amazingly in those interior cabins! It's SO dark, which is fantastic for me. I'm one of those people for whom a nightlight is too bright and I can't fall asleep, so the whole idea of natural light for the cabin really doesn't appeal to me at all. 

My parents will never cruise in anything less than an Oceanview Balcony, so if we're really want to escape for the crowds of the upper decks, we could just go hang out with them. But really we don't do much in the way of just lounging around. When we've had our own balconies we literally never went out there.

I could have posted this about my wife and I, word-for-word. 🤣 My wife especially agrees with the darkness part; she occasionally takes a short afternoon nap. We affectionately call them caves.

• Like 1

I book what I can afford at the time, could be anything from an Ocean View Balcony to Crown Loft Suite on Oasis, it depends on the price.  Also won an Owner's Suite in a RoyalUp bid so that works too.

In our early cruise years we did a couple of insides.  I doubt we’ll ever go back to those. We’ve cruised in ocean views, Oceanview balconies, Jr suites and owners suites. Our favorite really is the Jr suites for space but most often are balconies.  It really depends on price, length of cruise and itinerary.

On any class other than Oasis, we always cruise in Grand or Owners Suites. On Oasis class ships, we always sail in Junior Suites. There are a few rare occasions when we will sail in a Balcony any more - like our upcoming B2B WB/EB Panama Canal cruise out of Miami in November (by the time we realized it even existed all the suites were sold out).

Usually balcony.  I don't spend a lot of time out there but like the "illusion" of space.

We aren't locked into certain vacation dates, so we usually just search for deals.  Most of the time, with a C&A discount, our balcony is around the same as an inside.

I have $ per day price points where we'll bump up to a JS or GS.  Just depends on the value.

Usually a JS for the room and DH has a mobility scooter and rarely find a handicapped cabin available, but I was looking at my upcoming Wonder cruise in July to see what the available Aquasuite was . Just a tad above my budget, $65,444.02 for two people!!😂

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, Tapi said:

- Never an inside (that’s like vacationing in a broom closet)

- Oceanview at a minimum

- Balcony most frequently 

- Suite for a special occasion  

Next four cruises I have booked are deluxe balcony, ocean view, suite, boardwalk balcony. 

Nice to know. 🙂

We mostly vacation in broom closet 5 times a year. )))

11 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We mostly vacation in broom closet 5 times a year. )))

Thanks for taking one (or five) for the team.

If someone has to do it, I’m glad that it’s not me. 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Thanks for taking one (or five) for the team.

If someone has to do it, I’m glad that it’s not me. 😂

I did not know people were required to spend their vacation in the room. Only if they were sick or misbehaved. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Thanks! You also enjoy your category of choice while I enjoy mine. 😃

Of course I am enjoying. Every time.

I also do not think it in any shape or form resembles broom closet.

This is just a wrong analogy. The question is why do some people resort to this?

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

The only reason I got an owner's suite was because I bid minimum ($100) for the royal up and got it.  Gosh it was much nicer than a GS too.  Doubt that would happen again.

We are a real bargain on owners suite once, they are nice , we splurge more on celebrity just sailed in a royal suite.

• Like 1