Lots of OC programs returning to NC plus Mushroom Soup Bowl….

cruisr

My TA forwarded me an email she received from Crystal and its all good news.  Mushroom Soup Bowl and Carpaccio will return to the new Italian restaurant.  Bridge instructors, gentlemen hosts, lecturers, clergy, computer classes and golf pros are listed as being back.

Past guests savings will be doubled to 5%.

Glad to see all of the above.  Now if they would just do something about the single supplements!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Hello,

Cruisr wrote at the beginning of this forum:

‘Past guests savings will be doubled to 5%.’

are you sure?

my Crystal consultant told me that the 5% was an offer if you book before May 31, 2023.  Therefore I understand that it is not the 2 1/2% we used to have with the OC if you paid 6 months in advance.

43 minutes ago, Cruiselover51 said:

Hello,

Cruisr wrote at the beginning of this forum:

‘Past guests savings will be doubled to 5%.’

are you sure?

my Crystal consultant told me that the 5% was an offer if you book before May 31, 2023.  Therefore I understand that it is not the 2 1/2% we used to have with the OC if you paid 6 months in advance.

My booking...made in February...shows a past guest discount of 5%.  There is no mention of any discount for paying 6 months in advance. 

Hello History&Wine,

5% was given to you in February, my Crystal travel consultant also would have given me a 5% discount but she made me understand that I would have to book before May 31, 2023.  Will this program continue after May 31?  It will depend - are their bookings going well? Or will they have to increase their offer to convince many cruisers to come back.  Like Silversea is offering 20% discount (to new or repeater customers) on some of their itineraries until May 31.

There is no pay early discount at this time.

Right now there is the 5% Crystal Society Discount and on back-to-back cruises 5%.  This is off the cruise fare only and not the port charges/taxes.

Will there be an on-board booking discount I am unsure.  We will learn soon enough.

What a TA might give on top of this certainly ranges by TA and how they do this varies as some give on board credits.

What the future brings is anyone's guess but that is not exclusive to new Crystal but applies to all cruise lines.

There are way too many variables on this ranging from normal demand versus capacity plus all of the other factors such as economy along with an outbreak of some virus which didn't start with COVID conflicts between nations, a terrorist, attack, etc., etc etc.

And even in stable time if demands are off for itineraries it is not new to see those itineraries promoted. It's happened all the years we have been cruising as it happens on land with hotels or in the air with airlines fares.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

Did I read ( awhile back ) that even if you are booked in a Classic Penthouse , you will have to pay for any extra dinners in The Italian or the Nobu Restaraunts...also you will only be able to book in "cabin meals" from a printed menu? or from the Main dining room?

My inquiring mind would like to know if anyone else read about this or am I just anxious to board the Serenity? 

Cheers, Pat

5 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Question:

Did I read ( awhile back ) that even if you are booked in a Classic Penthouse , you will have to pay for any extra dinners in The Italian or the Nobu Restaraunts...also you will only be able to book in "cabin meals" from a printed menu? or from the Main dining room?

My inquiring mind would like to know if anyone else read about this or am I just anxious to board the Serenity? 

Cheers, Pat

You read that right. Only the Jr CP and the CP get the specialty restaurants anytime.

Thanks for your rapid reply...The times...they are a changing!!!

I can hardly wait to see what shore excursions will be like...I am having positive thoughts for them.

Oh well, we can always just do private tours in the South Pacific and down under.

10 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Thanks for your rapid reply...The times...they are a changing!!!

I can hardly wait to see what shore excursions will be like...I am having positive thoughts for them.

Oh well, we can always just do private tours in the South Pacific and down under.

Pat when the excursions are released there will be traditional ones along with ones developed  by A&K.  

Best to you both.

Keith

29 minutes ago, peribit said:

I wonder if the old Crystal Society Program is also returning?  If so, when the detail will be announced?

I know for sure they know how many cruises we have completed and that we've been receiving a Crystal Society Discount on cruises booked.

I have not heard what the program will look like in terms of milestone benefits.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I know for sure they know how many cruises we have completed and that we've been receiving a Crystal Society Discount on cruises booked.

I have not heard what the program will look like in terms of milestone benefits.

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for your post!

Pat

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:18 AM, cruisr said:

My TA forwarded me an email she received from Crystal and its all good news.  Mushroom Soup Bowl and Carpaccio will return to the new Italian restaurant.  Bridge instructors, gentlemen hosts, lecturers, clergy, computer classes and golf pros are listed as being back.

I just saw this thread, and let me say that I am THRILLED to hear that the Carpaccio will come back! One of my most enduring memories of my Crystal cruises is their delectable Carpaccio. I swear I've never had it better, and I'm Italian (and have been to Italy seven times)! And the whole production around serving it - the big shavings of Reggiano Parmesan, pouring that deep green olive oil over it all - makes it even more fun. I'd be heartbroken if that went away.

I'll be eager to hear if it's the same on NC.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

I just saw this thread, and let me say that I am THRILLED to hear that the Carpaccio will come back! One of my most enduring memories of my Crystal cruises is their delectable Carpaccio. I swear I've never had it better, and I'm Italian (and have been to Italy seven times)! And the whole production around serving it - the big shavings of Reggiano Parmesan, pouring that deep green olive oil over it all - makes it even more fun. I'd be heartbroken if that went away.

I'll be eager to hear if it's the same on NC.

It's funny.  I had never tried the Carpaccio until just a few years ago on Serenity and when I did I love it.  When we dined at Prego with others often one or more would have it and raved about it, but I would pass. Full disclosure I do love Sashimi.  

Since the first time I had it, on each succeeding visit to Prego I've had it and I will be sure to have it again when we return to New Crystal.

It does reaffirm my view one is never too old to try something new.  If they could get Mikey to try oatmeal in that infamous commercial, I realized I should try the Carpaccio.  🤣

Keith

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

It's funny.  I had never tried the Carpaccio until just a few years ago on Serenity and when I did I love it.  When we dined at Prego with others often one or more would have it and raved about it, but I would pass. Full disclosure I do love Sashimi.  

Since the first time I had it, on each succeeding visit to Prego I've had it and I will be sure to have it again when we return to New Crystal.

It does reaffirm my view one is never too old to try something new.  If they could get Mikey to try oatmeal in that infamous commercial, I realized I should try the Carpaccio.  🤣

Keith

And I'll be looking forward to hearing your report on whether or not the Carpaccio on NC stands up to the Carpaccio on OC!

As for Mikey...boy are we dating ourselves even knowing who Mikey is. LOL!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

And I'll be looking forward to hearing your report on whether or not the Carpaccio on NC stands up to the Carpaccio on OC!

As for Mikey...boy are we dating ourselves even knowing who Mikey is. LOL!

"He likes it!! Mikey likes it!! Hey, Mikey!!"😁😁😁

How could we possibly forget Mikey!!!!

• Haha 4