Celebrity Eclipse - Is 4 in a room too crowded?

pattycake08

Hi all, I typically travel on Royal, have never gone on Celebrity.  There is a cruise next summer on the Celebrity Eclipse to Bermuda out of NJ (my home state). Thinking of going with my 3 sisters. (4 total).  Trying to determine if we should get 2 Balcony cabins (2 girls in each room) or 1 Balcony cabin with 4 girls in one room (Suites are way too expensive). Not sure if the Celebrity Balcony Cabins are any bigger than RCCL. While there is a cost savings with 1 room vs 2, not sure how doable it is with 4 girls. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts?

I have not been on royal Caribbean but I have done many Celebrity. Four adults in one balcony cabin for me would be a little squishy, they are just under 200 ft.². One thing you might want to think about is getting a family veranda cabin they actually have two bedrooms. One large bedroom with a king size bed A smaller bedroom with two bunkbeds and a pull out couch it is very large has a dining room and a large balcony as well and they are cheaper and larger then suites. I have stayed in them they are fantastic!

• Like 1

If you can swing two balcony rooms financially, that is the way I would go. I sailed with three adults in a balcony two summers ago, and it was really tight. This was on the Edge also, which has the Infinite Verandah, so even with that extra indoor space, we felt like we were on top of each other. The sleeper couch was also not that comfortable for an adult. If traveling as a family with a lot of grown children, I always prefer 2 people each in 2 inside cabins compared to 4 in a balcony.

Four adults in a one balcony cabin would be way too cramped, four women with one bathroom would be worse. I'm not sure if they would even book four adults in a regular balcony cabin. If the $$$$ in too much you could check out Ocean View or even interior. 

• Like 1

We've done 4-5 people, 2 adults and 2 or 3 kids (when they were very small) on various cruise lines and we now opt to get two rooms and that is with 2 adults and 2 or more kids.  We've liked the configuration of a balcony and inside across from one another.  This cruise we are going with two insides next to each other as the balcony/inside situation wasn't available.  Having the two bathrooms is important and also having extra space for clothes etc. otherwise it feels very cramped.  

For perspective, my friend and I are going and we each have an inside to ourselves, next to each other, I figure the extra money will be worth it as it will help maintain our relationship.

4 adults in a cabin?  Think of a room about 10'x20'.  Then subtract 40sq' for the bath and 20sq' more for closets/desk.

If $$ is an issue much better to do an OV with an inside across the hall or two insides.

Think about living in a 10x12' room with one bathroom.   Ugh!

No way, and I believe that the 4th bed is a bunk bed that comes down from the ceiling.  I have done 4 in a room when it was two adults and two kids (16 and 10).

I would think 4 adults, 4 adult size clothing, space needed, and the 4th bed sleeping arrangement would be way less than ideal.

sleeping arrangements will be very tight and not equal.. get two next door or connecting.  or if too costly,  get one balc  and and an inside across the way .. two might prefer a darker rm to sleep and you'll get 2 bathrooms! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pattycake08 said:

Hi all, I typically travel on Royal, have never gone on Celebrity.  There is a cruise next summer on the Celebrity Eclipse to Bermuda out of NJ (my home state). Thinking of going with my 3 sisters. (4 total).  Trying to determine if we should get 2 Balcony cabins (2 girls in each room) or 1 Balcony cabin with 4 girls in one room (Suites are way too expensive). Not sure if the Celebrity Balcony Cabins are any bigger than RCCL. While there is a cost savings with 1 room vs 2, not sure how doable it is with 4 girls. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts?

Way to crowded. Go with two rooms.

1 hour ago, SPacificbound said:

Four adults in a one balcony cabin would be way too cramped, four women with one bathroom would be worse. I'm not sure if they would even book four adults in a regular balcony cabin. If the $$$$ in too much you could check out Ocean View or even interior. 

They would.

2 hours ago, cnkgirl said:

I have not been on royal Caribbean but I have done many Celebrity. Four adults in one balcony cabin for me would be a little squishy, they are just under 200 ft.². One thing you might want to think about is getting a family veranda cabin they actually have two bedrooms. One large bedroom with a king size bed A smaller bedroom with two bunkbeds and a pull out couch it is very large has a dining room and a large balcony as well and they are cheaper and larger then suites. I have stayed in them they are fantastic!

20 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

They would.

I agree, we snagged one of those on Baltic cruise and it was great! Good luck those usuall go very fast.

We had four of us three adults and one child in a small suite and it was not comfortable for the two of them on the pull out sofa.  One bathroom for getting ready will be a struggle!   Be comfortable and enjoy your cruise. Get two Staterooms.  If the cost is more than you want to spend consider getting one balcony and an inside Stateroom across the hall. That way the other stateroom is for sleeping and getting ready only. 

Thanks all for your words of wisdom.  Thinking about it made me realize 4 ladies in 1 room would not be a good idea.  I did take cnkgirl's advice & try for the family veranda, there are only 4 on the Eclipse & of course all sold out. I will go with the 2 balcony cabins.  Thanks again

47 minutes ago, pattycake08 said:

Thanks all for your words of wisdom.  Thinking about it made me realize 4 ladies in 1 room would not be a good idea.  I did take cnkgirl's advice & try for the family veranda, there are only 4 on the Eclipse & of course all sold out. I will go with the 2 balcony cabins.  Thanks again

I have booked my family of 4 in those family cabins six times and it wasn't clear to me when I read your post yesterday that it would be a good fit in your situation.  Not all the beds are equally comfortable and there is only one bathroom and it is of the standard size.