Do they still send table request confirmation?

Hi everyone 

I don’t  know why but every time I sent a table request for my upcoming cruise they never reply back or acknowledge it. I remember they send a I got your email and then a few days later a confirmation form the ship with the table number, but that’s not the case anymore with me.

• Haha 1

We did not get a reply and our request was NOT honored. My husband went to the dining room upon embarkation and made the request in person, and they accommodated. We sent the message two weeks before the cruise as I had seen recommended.

• Like 1

We did not receive a response before our cruise on Jewel yet our request was fulfilled.  We again did not receive a response to our email before our b2b on Odyssey, but discovered our request was not fulfilled.  Having boarded early, were the very first ones at the MDR request station, we had previously emailed the request, b2b cruisers, and we are D+ with over 500 points (note: only 15 PC and about 150 D+ on that sailing…we did not point out our status but assume it shows on on their MDR screens) yet despite all that, the head waiter manning the station that day tried very hard to blow us off.  He claimed they used booking date to decide who received their requests and we thus must not have booked early enough to get our request.  We looked at him as though he had two heads, asked if that was a new RCI policy as I’d want to share it on CruiseCritic.  He mumbled it was maybe just that ship as he granted our request.  No issue on the second half of the b2b (we added that cruise relatively last minute🙄).  

When the loyalty ambassador heard the story, he had not heard that C&A guests were told newbies who booked sooner were getting preference.  Seating preferences are not on the official list of C&A perks, and if RCI does decide to go by booking date I’ll accept it graciously.  I’d just like to know.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Yes they have gotten very bad at that the past six months or so.  Don't know if there have been staff changes or what the story is

Not to be unkind, but I think the amount of special requests has probably gotten out of hand.  Nobody wants to just take the assignment they are just given anymore.  You used to request a table size when you (or your TA) made your booking and you just got what you got and were happy with it.  The reality is that cruising has changed and everyone has their own personal preferences and seem to demand that those preferences get met.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have always gotten a response confirming my request when I have sent one in the past. I sent a request for a 4 top next to a window for our Feb. 26th cruise this year and the response I got was that my request had been sent to the ship. That was the last I heard. When I got on the ship, I went to the dining room to check and I found that my request had been honored.

8 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

We did not get a reply and our request was NOT honored. My husband went to the dining room upon embarkation and made the request in person, and they accommodated. We sent the message two weeks before the cruise as I had seen recommended.

On the Oasis last month, our travel agent made the request for 2 tables of 8 and one table of 6 near each other and linked all the reservations.  Once aboard the Oasis, everything was messed up "Royally".  They said they were sailing full and to wait to the 2nd night, and they should be able to accommodate our group.  Night 2 rolled around, and they told us that now that everyone knew where their tables were after going to dinner on night 1, it was now too late to move people (see the irony here in their responses?)

It was not until much complaining and running things all the way up to the maître d' that they finally got us close to each other on night 6 of the cruise.  For the first 5 nights of the cruise, we were not only in different areas of the dining room, but on all 3 dining levels.  Very frustrating when you book a multi-generational family group two years in advance and make the request to be seated together and they are unable to do so.

10 cruise since the first of the year.  One email response back. 

On one of those even with an invoice that stated early dining the switched it to My time and could not fix, survey resulted in 1's

Only 4 of the others correct when boarding.

Even tables for two on invoice not honored at boarding, those were corrected though.

Talking with seating / table asigner twice now on different ships, either requests are not being sent to ships or someone is lying to me

Just to clarify for myself, you guys are talking about requests for traditional dining times, right?  Not requests for MTD?  Because I always thought the MTD was you express your table preference when you show up and they either can accomodate you or not, just like a land restaurant.  Am I understanding it correctly?

On 4/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, shipgeeks said:

I never expected a reply to my request, and I never got one.  But our request had been fulfilled when we got there.

Even Pre-CV would get Confirmation less then 2/3 the time

1 hour ago, Submariner said:

I sent a request for early seating from Late Seating about a week ago. No response. My cruise is 28 days out. I might wait until the two week mark before resending.

Requests should be sent 2-3 weeks from sailing. Further out they have chance get lost or even Changed

For those who have had their request not honored and are willing to share, what are you requesting that has eluded their ability to help you?  I've never requested anything from dining except to let them know about dining restrictions.