Best cruise line to British Isles- help

We are pretty loyal to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, however I'm not finding any British Isles cruises in August/September 2024. This is an area I'd really love to cruise to, so looking for alternate lines that cruise there, but not the smaller lines that will run me the cost of a new car to get there. Thank you!

Using an online cruise travel agent's search engine (we're not allowed to name names), searching for British Isles cruises in August and September 2024, and excluding the small ship cruise lines, I quickly got to this list: Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Disney, Holland America, MSC, Norwegian, P&O, and Princess.

We also thoroughly enjoyed a British Isles cruise on Princess, but it was on the very small (less than 700 passengers) and no longer in the fleet, Ocean Princess. The smallness of the ship made it a unique experience allowing you to really meet fellow passengers and even crew members. 

We did Emerald Princess last summer. I thought Princess had the best itinerary for what we wanted to see. The ship was a little dated but I didn't really care. It was very port intensive so it was more like our floating hotel. Loved it! We went in Aug. The pricing was very reasonable. 

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, but surely it would be easier to look at the RCI web site than ask here.

Yes it would be easier but I thought that Ashland might log on to CC before I get a chance to look the cruise up.

On 4/28/2023 at 5:13 PM, Ashland said:

We're booked for July 18, 2024 with RCI their British Isles itinerary. Any possibility you can cruise then?

Unfortunately, no. We own a lawn/landscape company, and basically anytime during the regular summer months is out for a vacation.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:32 PM, Tak8 said:

I enjoyed my Princess British Isles cruise.  This is one destination that I feel the itinerary is the most important rather than cruiseline. 

As someone who regularly sails Alaska and pretty much hates Caribbean cruises, I feel like the itinerary should always win out. Butttt...I do like good food lol.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:03 AM, Mountaineer0313 said:

We are pretty loyal to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, however I'm not finding any British Isles cruises in August/September 2024. This is an area I'd really love to cruise to, so looking for alternate lines that cruise there, but not the smaller lines that will run me the cost of a new car to get there. Thank you!

If you use a TA, then they could help you. Many have made suggestions. We cruised the British Isles last May on Princess and the itinerary was fabulous. If you go to the websites of each cruise line in which you are interested, then you will find what you are looking for. The Regal Princess is doing this itinerary through 2024. The Regal is one of our favorite ships.

• Like 1