The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 3rd, 2023

Good afternoon.

Pauline came out with me this morning and read a book while I called in a few long time customers.

We had a nice lunch.

Pauline had a starter of crispy battered mushrooms with a barbecue dip followed by 

Haddock and chips.

I had my favourite a Mixed Grill.

I hope everyone is well and having a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20230503_130857.jpg

• Like 22

Happy Wednesday!  We finally have sunshine today, and it's around 60F!  The warmest it's been in a while.  This morning was my "reading buddies" day, the little ones are so much fun!  I learn from their books, and I also learn from them.  Read a Magic School Bus book this am, I may have to get it from the library to hear the end of the story!  We were reading about Louis Pasteur and rabies treatment!  Haven't been to todays port, and I don't think I would like the meal, no chickpeas for me!  I did have some black beans in my salad, though!  

@RMLincolnHoping the dr. apt for your DH goes well today.  

I'm celebrating teachers, and everyone who works in a school building this week...they have a very important, but difficult job to do every day!  

Have a great rest of your day, cheers to all celebrating and prayers for all who need them.  K

• Like 19

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your migraine Katherine.

Can you think of anything that you ate or drank that may have triggered it?

I'm pleased to hear you are feeling better today and I hope you never have another migraine.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.  The only thing I can think of that I ate was a “last breakfast” on the ship of French toast after a strict low carb diet for months.  Well, back to my regular diet!  Katherine 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  First of all, many thanks to all for their well wishes.  My surgery was just re-scheduled to Friday.  In a way, I am glad, as today's surgery was for 5pm, but now on Friday, it is going to be at 10:30, or so the office thought.  Also, Friday's surgery will be at the day surgery center, but the one today had been actually in the hospital.  The only thing in life that is constant Is change!!!!

It is overcast today.  That is a good thing right now in Colorado.  With such a heavy snowpack this year, there is flooding concern throughout the Western part of the state.  I have been involved for the last several days with calls and Zoom meetings about the possible flooding and the need for shelters being set up for those evacuated.  Anything, such as cooler weather, or snow (projected for some areas this weekend) will help slow the melt and perhaps reduce the flood risk.

Best wishes for successful surgery for @cunnorl.  Also for @kazufor a good visit with surgeon.  Prayers for all in need and a big happy dance for those celebrating or cruising!!

Have a great day, everyone.  I think I am due for a nap as I got up early to make sure I could eat in the proper time prior to my cancelled surgery.

Mary Kay

• Like 23

Good afternoon.  It's been a slow day and the house washing has been postponed until tomorrow.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I think it is more of a realignment of the fees than a brand new fee.  Here's an explanation.  It does make your eyes roll back as it gets complicated.   https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/money-verify/verifying-what-mortgage-fee-changes-mean-people-good-credit-scores-fact-check/536-4ca9dc5a-c9d3-440c-ab43-9082b8e61cc1

Debbie, thanks for the link.  It does sound like those with good credit scores are not being punished.  And you were correct, it is a complicated system and article.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, Pat will do some errands on his own this morning, pre-op haircut, and hoping to renew his driver's license, he has an appointment for that on the 8th, when he will still be in hospital, and he hasn't been able to change it on the website or by phone.  I will tend the garden, no time for meditation, there's lots of dead-heading and cleanup to do.  

Then, this afternoon, there's an appointment with the urologist to discuss all that's going on.  I don't suppose he will have had the results of the bone scan yet, just hoping and praying it will be clear.  The visit with the ostomy clinic yesterday wasn't much fun, but I suppose it's better to know ahead of time what the future will hold, and the nurse did say we should be able to travel.   Thursday is clear liquids day and that awful purging, scrubbing with medicated sponges, etc., and then Friday I get to drop him off at the hospital at 8:30.

I have a splitting headache, I can sympathize with Katherine, although mine is not a migraine.  I used to get those, just awful!  Mine is just tension, it started in Ireland, and they usually last from 4 to 6 weeks.  They build up to a crescendo for about 3 weeks and then start to subside.  Very annoying, and bad timing.  

I hope things improve for Tana, and that Jacqui has a good appointment and suture removal.  Also that RMLincoln's DH has an amazing report!  And Bon Voyage to Annie.  I'm thinking of you all.

Ann, I hope your headache improves soon.  I hope today's appointment goes well.

3 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Good morning!  First of all, many thanks to all for their well wishes.  My surgery was just re-scheduled to Friday.  In a way, I am glad, as today's surgery was for 5pm, but now on Friday, it is going to be at 10:30, or so the office thought.  Also, Friday's surgery will be at the day surgery center, but the one today had been actually in the hospital.  The only thing in life that is constant Is change!!!!

It is overcast today.  That is a good thing right now in Colorado.  With such a heavy snowpack this year, there is flooding concern throughout the Western part of the state.  I have been involved for the last several days with calls and Zoom meetings about the possible flooding and the need for shelters being set up for those evacuated.  Anything, such as cooler weather, or snow (projected for some areas this weekend) will help slow the melt and perhaps reduce the flood risk.

Best wishes for successful surgery for @cunnorl.  Also for @kazufor a good visit with surgeon.  Prayers for all in need and a big happy dance for those celebrating or cruising!!

Have a great day, everyone.  I think I am due for a nap as I got up early to make sure I could eat in the proper time prior to my cancelled surgery.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, even if Friday's surgery is at a better time, it's a shame they waited until today to let you know it was rescheduled.  The day surgery center sounds better than the hospital too.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

Wow.. speak of last minute. Hope you can get a bit of rest today.

We are a bit cooler in Durango and watching the river carefully. The city did have sandbags available ... am not sure they still do. I know many people along the river stocked up a few weeks ago. Our ski area is still open on weekends which shows how deep the snow pack is just above town.

Susan

• Like 18

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

I have a question for the dailyites who live in Florida.  Who do you use for your auto insurance.  Ours with State Farm jumped 40% this year, with no accidents.

Dixie

I use GEICO. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good Morning and thanks for the updates!  As I work in a school district as a nurse, we have been having Teacher Appreciation goodies all week.  

Everyone have a great day!

Definitely staff at schools especially nurses have many of the same stresses as teachers.  Many headaches on occasion.😉

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

I have a question for the dailyites who live in Florida.  Who do you use for your auto insurance.  Ours with State Farm jumped 40% this year, with no accidents.

Dixie, we aren't in Florida but our insurance rates for home and autos went way up last fall.  The homeowners went up 50%!  DH had heard about Experian insurance quotes (free service) and used it to whittle down some independent insurance companies in our area.  Now we use a  family owned insurance company who sold us policies that fit our needs best and cut the price significantly.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I think it is more of a realignment of the fees than a brand new fee.  Here's an explanation.  It does make your eyes roll back as it gets complicated.   https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/money-verify/verifying-what-mortgage-fee-changes-mean-people-good-credit-scores-fact-check/536-4ca9dc5a-c9d3-440c-ab43-9082b8e61cc1

Certainly does make your eyes roll back.  I found this sentence most interesting:

“create a more resilient housing finance system” and ensure equitable access to mortgages for more homebuyers.

My niece is paying $50 per month more for her mortgage payments than she was quoted earlier, as indicated by her mortgage person, for equity purposes. The article didn't change my opinion, but it is what it is.    

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My big take away there is that people with higher credit scores will STILL pay lower overall fees than those with lower credit scores.   Sounds fair to me.

Roy

Roy, not what I read.  Everyone has their own opinion of course.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, Pat will do some errands on his own this morning, pre-op haircut, and hoping to renew his driver's license, he has an appointment for that on the 8th, when he will still be in hospital, and he hasn't been able to change it on the website or by phone.  I will tend the garden, no time for meditation, there's lots of dead-heading and cleanup to do.  

Then, this afternoon, there's an appointment with the urologist to discuss all that's going on.  I don't suppose he will have had the results of the bone scan yet, just hoping and praying it will be clear.  The visit with the ostomy clinic yesterday wasn't much fun, but I suppose it's better to know ahead of time what the future will hold, and the nurse did say we should be able to travel.   Thursday is clear liquids day and that awful purging, scrubbing with medicated sponges, etc., and then Friday I get to drop him off at the hospital at 8:30.

I have a splitting headache, I can sympathize with Katherine, although mine is not a migraine.  I used to get those, just awful!  Mine is just tension, it started in Ireland, and they usually last from 4 to 6 weeks.  They build up to a crescendo for about 3 weeks and then start to subside.  Very annoying, and bad timing.  

I hope things improve for Tana, and that Jacqui has a good appointment and suture removal.  Also that RMLincoln's DH has an amazing report!  And Bon Voyage to Annie.  I'm thinking of you all.

Ann, what a shame you're having that splitting headache.  I hope it's better soon.  Wishing the best for Friday's surgery results.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photo Sandi of your DD,Sadie and Milo.

Graham 

Thank you Graham!

22 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

I wish they could have let you know sooner about this, but sounds like Friday will work best for you and the surgeon.  Prayers continue for you!

I hope the possibility of flooding doesn't happen, but it is that time of year, isn't it?

I wasted half the morning today due to a Comcast Xfinity outage.  It could have been caused by wind causing limbs to fall on wiring, though we have underground utilities on our streets.  There are plenty of lines and trees outside our neighborhood.  So I couldn't work on my Shutterfly books, read Cruise Critic or even watch TV.  So I read a magazine which made me sleepy so I laid down until lunch time and the outage was cleared during lunch hour.  Back to work I go!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

On auto insurance in Florida one can usually find cheaper insurance by using one of the  companies that searches for your best deal but remember you get what you pay for ; also do research on how fast they respond.

I have a premium company that serves military families who rapidly responds and takes action. My neighbor had the cheapest she could find and it took months of haggling to resolve her claim. Also private insurance company’s, that are owned by their customers do get annual some  dividends back.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

We have used progressive and now use Travelers since they have policies you pay per year vs getting a raise in rates every 6 months.  Insurance cost in Fl for auto and homeowners has gone crazy.  

• Like 8

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I will certainly appreciate teachers!  I have a very hard working daughter who teaches middle school history and literature.  She is known to be "strict" but her students love her!

Thank you for having my Dad on the cares list.  His VA Nurse saw him yesterday and is pleased with how we are caring for him, despite his increasing dementia and being bedbound.  We just want to keep him comfortable.

@Lady Hudson please check in with your doctor about this headache.  It may be just your travel and dietary changes affecting you.  But in all my years of ER nursing "a headache like you never had before" is enough of a red flag to get checked out.

Hugs to all who need them!  Thanks to this group you are all so nice!

Denise

• Like 23

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My big take away there is that people with higher credit scores will STILL pay lower overall fees than those with lower credit scores.   Sounds fair to me.

Roy

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, thanks for the link.  It does sound like those with good credit scores are not being punished.  And you were correct, it is a complicated system and article.

Credit score is not the only factor in the fee.  The amount of down payment is and this only applies to federally backed mortgages.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

There is a Meditation Garden not too far away, but it's gated and I've never been sure whether it's open to the public. I appreciate teachers, having been one for most of my life, but I don't appreciate lumpy rugs.

Tuna salad is rather too ubiquitous at the synagogue, and we make a chickpea version when a vegan alternative is requested. Our recipe is similar to the first one, and I recommend including finely chopped nori. However, dinner tonight will be cauliflower pizza.

I found a lot of other recipes for the cocktail and no two of them were even slightly similar, beyond some amount of mango-something. The wine would be OK with me. I haven't been to Saguenay, again not for lack of trying.

Our major event was last night, plus a breakfast this morning with the speaker and about 15 invited guests. Both were fantastically successful even though he was speaking about an intractable problem, but I slept very poorly between them and collapsed after lunch today. Dinner last night, at a Thai restaurant that is one of the few reliable restaurants open on Tuesday, was good, and the breakfast this morning was also good.

The blue store claims that the new fridge is staged for delivery. The local store is notoriously unreliable with inventory and delivery of appliances, but they may not be delivering it from there.

password.thumb.jpg.4a60c48520fe942963b5591db2c86f70.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 11

What a beautiful and rare day in Ketchikan. The sun is shining!

We went to the lumberjack show, did a self guided walking tour, went through the totem heritage center, and spent some quality time in the oldest church in Ketchikan (hosted by a gentleman docent named Fred who grew up in the church).

I will try to add a few pictures:

DC42CCC8-3E52-476C-B54B-B1B2E097F2D4.thumb.jpeg.8ea597bdc03d7c297483ccdf4eaddacd.jpeg

A05B234A-A770-4512-929A-ECE90B86944B.thumb.jpeg.7c63894ecbda8c42e3e1608ef14f9663.jpeg

14EBC7EF-5B66-445D-B0DE-DC33AA7D7B1E.thumb.jpeg.f3e6b2729c50ed5093d2e1171107f28d.jpeg

2F54E133-278A-47CE-8A99-EA47BB9A623F.thumb.jpeg.0dfa668045a0bcd823bfee59d058bc5f.jpeg

E45387B9-942B-463B-AD03-18642173E5DC.thumb.jpeg.f8b22854b15f2be3b50c0cf0514fe019.jpeg

4481D5BC-F7E1-41F2-8DC2-10B160868DFA.thumb.jpeg.c80d4b4344f9e3331d81d1a3d4219484.jpeg

CF221E89-4446-48B6-98B6-64CA9349E352.thumb.jpeg.5d468aac24f0d51144c8e84c62006eb0.jpeg

1DD75505-509A-41FB-A797-1D4F66B177B3.thumb.jpeg.b1d392dd7f5dd8723b096ce67eb61ceb.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

💝 Heart full of thanks to you all for your support. I know that all who read the Daily replies do so because they care. @rafinmd, @kazu, @ger_77, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @ktbraun and @grapau27 all included us in their words today but I’m very aware of all the unspoken good wishes sent out!  Many, many thanks!  Getting through these things is not easy!  

It was a long afternoon at the Johns Hopkins’ Wilmer Eye Institute but we are moving forward!  The short story is that the pressure in the surgery eye was at its target👍. The other eye pressure is high, not unexpected since off some of the meds, but not urgently dangerous. OK, where do go from here?  Well after discussing with different doctors we eventually got in for a visit with the surgery scheduler and actually got scheduled today for a surgery Aug 1 (wait listed June 19). This is truly Amazing!  There are hurdles… we need another pre-op physical and ECG, the ones for the March surgery will be out of date!  Sigh. The procedure is probably covered by insurance but the stent may not be covered (pay for out of pocket) so we’ll have to sort out pre-authorization or partial denial of insurance….  And we may have to buy or rent a tonometer to monitor the pressure at home between now and August….. last we checked they are several thousand $$ but we’ll see about a rental and of course we’ll do whatever we need to do!  If we can’t use our money for health and eyesight, then what the heck are we saving it for!!  

So it was a very good day that has us on a path forward to eventually get the eye pressure managed without (as much) medication and slow the eyesight degradation maybe indefinitely!  Lessening the use of meds will hopefully ease the very significant itching reactions.

I’m tired!  Tomorrow we’ll take the new glasses Rx (changed because of the new cataract lens replacement) to Costco to get a new glasses lens. And we’ll learn about home eye pressure measuring devices. And look at whether we can or can’t get up to Newfoundland this year. Again, since 2019. Oh well, something else will work out!  Life is Good!  

Blessings to Mary Kay on her postponed surgery!  Hopefully Friday will be a more perfect time instead if today!  

I have to say to Graham, @grapau27 I was wishing someone made me supper like that today!  Wanted to stop for supper (we missed lunch) but DHs eyes were dilated so a darkened home was more comfortable. 
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

We came away from the appointment with the surgeon with some good news - the bone scan was all clear, no sign of any spread of the cancer.  What a relief!

Maureen, I'm happy the eye surgery was a success, and hopefully the  a June 19 date will be a go!  What was the surgery?  My cousin's DH has about 8 different drops he has to use to prevent glaucoma.  I've had an iridotomy, are there new things they are doing?

• Like 18

Aloha from Hilo. I was just discharged from the hospital here after 11 days of intense antibiotics via IV along with oxycodone for pain. We took a Lyft from the hospital to the Airbnb. The place is in a very tropical neighborhood and I am so impressed. The room is small with the bathroom separate, but private. Laundry just off bedroom,  too, which is important for us. No Holland America laundry service like we are spoiled with. A little over a mile to Hilo waterfront. 

Allianz, out travel insurer, is to book our flight to Tampa. I begged them to book us on Delta from Kona to Tampa with just one connection in Seattle.  We are anxiously awaiting their call.

Thanks for all the loving concern from my Daily friends.

As I was taught a long time  ago; Somebody prayed for me, had me on their mind, took the time to pray for me. I'm so glad they prayed, I'm so glad they prayed,  I'm so glad they prayed for me!

View from the Airbnb window.

20230503_185300.jpg

20230503_185313.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Aloha from Hilo. I was just discharged from the hospital here after 11 days of intense antibiotics via IV along with oxycodone for pain. We took a Lyft from the hospital to the Airbnb. The place is in a very tropical neighborhood and I am so impressed. The room is small with the bathroom separate, but private. Laundry just off bedroom,  too, which is important for us. No Holland America laundry service like we are spoiled with. A little over a mile to Hilo waterfront. 

Allianz, out travel insurer, is to book our flight to Tampa. I begged them to book us on Delta from Kona to Tampa with just one connection in Seattle.  We are anxiously awaiting their call.

As I was taught a long time  ago; Somebody prayed for me, had me on their mind, took the time to pray for me. I'm so glad they prayed, I'm so glad they prayed,  I'm so glad they prayed for me!

20230503_185300.jpg

20230503_185313.jpg

happy to hear you are out of the hospital after a terrible ordeal.  Hope your return home goes smoothly.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

We went to the lumberjack show, did a self guided walking tour, went through the totem heritage center, and spent some quality time in the oldest church in Ketchikan (hosted by a gentleman docent named Fred who grew up in the church).

DC42CCC8-3E52-476C-B54B-B1B2E097F2D4.thumb.jpeg.8ea597bdc03d7c297483ccdf4eaddacd.jpeg

A05B234A-A770-4512-929A-ECE90B86944B.thumb.jpeg.7c63894ecbda8c42e3e1608ef14f9663.jpeg

14EBC7EF-5B66-445D-B0DE-DC33AA7D7B1E.thumb.jpeg.f3e6b2729c50ed5093d2e1171107f28d.jpeg

2F54E133-278A-47CE-8A99-EA47BB9A623F.thumb.jpeg.0dfa668045a0bcd823bfee59d058bc5f.jpeg

E45387B9-942B-463B-AD03-18642173E5DC.thumb.jpeg.f8b22854b15f2be3b50c0cf0514fe019.jpeg

4481D5BC-F7E1-41F2-8DC2-10B160868DFA.thumb.jpeg.c80d4b4344f9e3331d81d1a3d4219484.jpeg

CF221E89-4446-48B6-98B6-64CA9349E352.thumb.jpeg.5d468aac24f0d51144c8e84c62006eb0.jpeg

1DD75505-509A-41FB-A797-1D4F66B177B3.thumb.jpeg.b1d392dd7f5dd8723b096ce67eb61ceb.jpeg

Tony, thank you so much for the lovely stained glass photos from the Ketchikan church.  Sounds like you had a great time there and it was sunny!  Winner, winner!

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

💝 Heart full of thanks to you all for your support. I know that all who read the Daily replies do so because they care. @rafinmd, @kazu, @ger_77, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @ktbraun and @grapau27 all included us in their words today but I’m very aware of all the unspoken good wishes sent out!  Many, many thanks!  Getting through these things is not easy!  

It was a long afternoon at the Johns Hopkins’ Wilmer Eye Institute but we are moving forward!  The short story is that the pressure in the surgery eye was at its target👍. The other eye pressure is high, not unexpected since off some of the meds, but not urgently dangerous. OK, where do go from here?  Well after discussing with different doctors we eventually got in for a visit with the surgery scheduler and actually got scheduled today for a surgery Aug 1 (wait listed June 19). This is truly Amazing!  There are hurdles… we need another pre-op physical and ECG, the ones for the March surgery will be out of date!  Sigh. The procedure is probably covered by insurance but the stent may not be covered (pay for out of pocket) so we’ll have to sort out pre-authorization or partial denial of insurance….  And we may have to buy or rent a tonometer to monitor the pressure at home between now and August….. last we checked they are several thousand $$ but we’ll see about a rental and of course we’ll do whatever we need to do!  If we can’t use our money for health and eyesight, then what the heck are we saving it for!!  

So it was a very good day that has us on a path forward to eventually get the eye pressure managed without (as much) medication and slow the eyesight degradation maybe indefinitely!  Lessening the use of meds will hopefully ease the very significant itching reactions.

I’m tired!  Tomorrow we’ll take the new glasses Rx (changed because of the new cataract lens replacement) to Costco to get a new glasses lens. And we’ll learn about home eye pressure measuring devices. And look at whether we can or can’t get up to Newfoundland this year. Again, since 2019. Oh well, something else will work out!  Life is Good!  

Blessings to Mary Kay on her postponed surgery!  Hopefully Friday will be a more perfect time instead if today!  

I have to say to Graham, @grapau27 I was wishing someone made me supper like that today!  Wanted to stop for supper (we missed lunch) but DHs eyes were dilated so a darkened home was more comfortable. 
Maureen 

I'm happy to hear things are moving along with the surgery.  I hope everything is covered by insurance and you can find a reasonable price for a tonometer, or a rental.  Prayers for your DH (and you too).

27 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We came away from the appointment with the surgeon with some good news - the bone scan was all clear, no sign of any spread of the cancer.  What a relief!

Maureen, I'm happy the eye surgery was a success, and hopefully the  a June 19 date will be a go!  What was the surgery?  My cousin's DH has about 8 different drops he has to use to prevent glaucoma.  I've had an iridotomy, are there new things they are doing?

Excellent report on the bone scan!  Hope things continue to go well!

26 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

20230503_185300.jpg

20230503_185313.jpg

Wonderful news!  I am so glad to hear you are out of the hospital and resting in that beautiful location.  Hope you get the flights you want and will soon be in your own home resting comfortably after this horrendous ordeal.  My very best wishes to you.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

What a day of good news here!  
@Vict0riann excellent that Pat’s bone scan shows no spread!  (We ran that hurdle 3 years ago!). Moving forward!  

Richard got a stent drain to relieve the InterOcular Pressure IOP. He had the first done in March with a cataract Len replacement surgery. All good. The other eye had the cataract replaced in 2009… now these new stents are not yet approved unless emplaced during a cataract surgery….  no definitive reason given but the doctors think it’s because there are not enough studies for the stent-only procedure… 🤷🏼‍♀️. DH has developed some form of dermatitis they surmise as an allergic reaction to the medications or the preservatives. 
Best of fortunes to Pat and you!🤞

@St Pete Cruiser SO happy for you to be discharged and working on getting home!  Beautiful surrounding!  Thanks for letting us know.  We’re still with you!  

@kazu Jacqui, hoping you will have positive news to share soon!  Same for @smitty34877 and @cunnorl and @luvteaching… and everyone else jumping hurdles to wellness!  
Maureen 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good evening.  This afternoon we got back from DH's blood draw to check how the blood thinner is working in time for me to finish pressure washing the rest of the house that is not covered by the port.  Our predicted rain may not happen until Saturday.  I think there will be time tomorrow after a grocery run to pressure wash the driveway.  Then, I'll wait until we have several good days to tackle the port.  It takes almost as long to clear everything out of the port and put it back as it does to clean the siding and concrete.  I need a few easy days anyway.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Credit score is not the only factor in the fee.  The amount of down payment is and this only applies to federally backed mortgages.  

Debbie, I remember reading about the other factors.  Also, interest rates have risen quite a bit in the last year.

5 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I will certainly appreciate teachers!  I have a very hard working daughter who teaches middle school history and literature.  She is known to be "strict" but her students love her!

Thank you for having my Dad on the cares list.  His VA Nurse saw him yesterday and is pleased with how we are caring for him, despite his increasing dementia and being bedbound.  We just want to keep him comfortable.

@Lady Hudson please check in with your doctor about this headache.  It may be just your travel and dietary changes affecting you.  But in all my years of ER nursing "a headache like you never had before" is enough of a red flag to get checked out.

Hugs to all who need them!  Thanks to this group you are all so nice!

Denise

Denise, I'm glad the VA nurse liked how you are taking care of your father.  

3 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Tony, thank you for your pictures from Ketchikan.  In all our visits there, we've never visited the church.  We'll have to stop there the next time we're in Ketchikan.

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

20230503_185300.jpg

20230503_185313.jpg

That is great news you were discharged from the hospital.  I hope they can arrange your flights as you would like.  In the meantime, enjoy the great view.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, I'm  thrilled, with the report from the bone scan.  I'm sending very positive thoughts for the best possible out come for Pat's surgery Friday.  You both are in my thoughts.

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Maureen 

Maureen, I'm happy you both got a good report from tje stent surgery.  I hope the August date can be moved up.  

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

@St Pete Cruiser Aloha!  So glad you are out of hospital!  

Enjoy hopefully a few days in Hilo,  we had amazing Thai food there, Tina’s Garden cafe,  highly recommend the nut salad with pineapple and anything else,  

There’s a market by the water as well as waterfalls nearby and botanical gardens.  We have a friend with an AirBNB there, I thought for a moment you were there,  lol! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

20230503_185300.jpg

20230503_185313.jpg

Glad you are out and in what looks to be a very comfortable setting.

Susan

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1