Voyager Help

We recently did a cruise on the Navigator which was wonderful and would happily sail on her again. We have just booked another cruise and this time it’s on the Voyager which I assumed would be very similar, however having just looked at some reviews they really aren’t very complimentary and I’m now concerned we have made the wrong choice. Please can any of you who have sailed on her fairly recently give me your thoughts as it would be much appreciated.

Hmm, well I wonder what people are saying.  I haven't been on Voyager for quite a awhile, but she was always a lovely ship.  The only thing I would say is that there's a vibration aft, so some say to avoid aft cabins, especially on lower decks.  But this is similar to Navigator.

We like the Voyager, she is a beautiful ship that looks right and sails very well. We have had aft(ish) suites and not noticed much vibration.  Virtually all ships must vibrate at some time with bow thrusters and pods on the stern. 

We have not sailed since Covid began but will be in a couple of weeks or so on Splendor, always happy to fail on Voyager. 

Thank you for your replies it really has helped. I appreciate the comment about vibration having sailed on Navigator but apart from one night when we were dining and it was particularly noticeable it didn’t bother us at all. I must admit I was very surprised to read the negative reviews on Voyager and having seen your response that’s she in great shape has put my fears to rest so thank you all again.

We were on Voyager in August and it was a great cruise except for fog issues. We like voyager.  I do think cruisers that are coming from one of the new glam ships are turned off by the older ships sometimes. 

Like wise the Mariner has had some poor reviews. We have still gone ahead and chosen to sail on her for our first Regent cruise for two reasons, the itinerary and because we enjoy smaller ships. This will be our first try at a “ luxury “ cruise so we asked ourselves….. surely it will be Ok.
Hopefully more positive reviews will appear for all the smaller ships.

We have sailed five times on Mariner and five times on Voyager. They are both very comfortable ships and we would always go back to them. We have a cruise booked on Splendor towards the end of this month and are looking forward to seeing what she is like. It will be interesting to see how much extra space there is. 

17 hours ago, kentlady said:

We recently did a cruise on the Navigator which was wonderful and would happily sail on her again. We have just booked another cruise and this time it’s on the Voyager which I assumed would be very similar, however having just looked at some reviews they really aren’t very complimentary and I’m now concerned we have made the wrong choice. Please can any of you who have sailed on her fairly recently give me your thoughts as it would be much appreciated.

This is called "Cruise Critic"! I get some handy info but I take OP opinions with my personal grain of salt.

DW and I spent 3 months on the Voyager in 2022 and had great times on those 4 cruises. I don't especially care what Regent ship I sail on (disclaimer: Splendor is my favorite) or who the Captain is. I believe my enjoyment/satisfaction is much more affected by the itinerary, weather, cabin choice and Staff, especially the GM and the CD.

Have a great cruise and please post.

• Like 2

We were on Voyager in Jan/Feb 2023 and the ship is in good shape. We had a few issues with the food but not with the ship itself. The staff was great.  We have 124 nights with Regent and all but about 20 of them have been on Voyager.  We did miss the amenities associated with the newer ships, such as lunch at the speciality restaurants, the extra speciality restaurant and the layout of the F2 suites but overall the ship was very good. 

For the first time we booked a cruise because of the ship first and then the itinerary for 2024. In the past we always booked because of the itinerary and it turned out to all be on Voyager except once.  If Voyager was going where we wanted to go I would not hesitate to book her again. 

• Like 2

Thank you I agree with you entirely but having had such a wonderful trip on Navigator it just threw me a bit to read the negative reviews about the Voyager, however having read all the positive comments to my post I am once again more than happy with my choice and look forward to sailing on her.

Got off Voyager just a couple weeks ago. She's in great shape with exceptionally attentive crew.

There is some vibration low and aft for sure (Horizon lounge?). But I've never stayed in an aft cabin so I cannot comment on that. I've stayed mid deck 7-8 and never had any issues at all or even been bothered by "vibration" when in the aft.

Would it bother me if my cabin were there? I don't know, but I am a very light sleeper so maybe?

I would not hesitate to book again on Voyager.

12 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Like wise the Mariner has had some poor reviews. We have still gone ahead and chosen to sail on her for our first Regent cruise for two reasons, the itinerary and because we enjoy smaller ships. 

I was on the Mariner in November last year and I was v pleased w everything. Ok, the included wine wasn’t always the best but I always found something I liked to drink.
I posted a video of my category H suite on another thread yesterday in case it is of interest. I thought Mariner was better than the 3 Oceania ships I have sailed on, and I love Oceania.

Had no problem in 7 seas aft suite on Voyager - lovely ship. We were in s e Asia and experienced zero vibration.   I think Voyager and Mariner are a great option, not as glam & glitzy as the newer ships and no PAC Rim, of course, but they are still beautiful and luxurious vessels. 

I’d say itinerary is the most significant factor for us and whilst our next 2 cruises are on Explorer and Splendor we’d go on Voyager again anytime if the price and itinerary were right.

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I was on the Mariner in November last year and I was v pleased w everything. Ok, the included wine wasn’t always the best but I always found something I liked to drink.
I posted a video of my category H suite on another thread yesterday in case it is of interest. I thought Mariner was better than the 3 Oceania ships I have sailed on, and I love Oceania.

We are sailing on Mariner in PH suite in December. We haven’t sailed on Marina for several years. Any comments?
Just booked Oceania Vista in PH suite for March. Any comments for us?

It’s been many years since we sailed on Oceania. 
Thanks

sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

Not sailed on Vista but we were on Marina in the Baltic last Sept. Thought the restaurants were excellent, Toscana & Jacques in particular. Not quite up to Regent in many respects, minor things/little touches, but very good service and a very comfortable ship. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. (It is our only Oceania cruise to date). We were in a Vista suite and enjoyed a few perks but rarely got to use the huge balcony due to the wind and generally poor weather.

I’d expect Vista to offer the same quality experience - I’d say the evening dining is on a par with Regent tbh but we prefer Regents b’fast and lunch buffet quality & range. 

Haven’t been on the Voyager since 2004, so anything I post may be way out of date. But back then, we somehow were “upgraded?” To a horizon suite on deck 7 at the very rear of the ship. Anytime the ship made more than 20 knots, our suite would shake (more than a mere vibration). At that time I noted that a bit foreword of that (past where the laundry rooms were then) the ship was free of shaking or vibration. Other than that, the lower categories of  suites are larger than those on the Mariner and much larger than the category H suites on the Explorer and Splendor. This problem may have been fixed since then. I wouldn’t know.

When the Voyager first returned to service post pandemic, there were posts about rather extreme lapses in service on the first cruise out. I wouldn’t know as I was not on it, but these reports may be the ones the OP refers to. If I were considering a cruise on the Voyager, I would book a suite that is not right on the stern. But, as to service, I would rely on more recent accounts, after the first pandemic cruise. 

On the Voyager Dec 2022.  Had a great time, saw no issues with the ship.  IMO hope the tender crew has gotten more training, the handling of the transfer to the ship at one port was very chaotic (and there was an officer on board).  Our tender to the ship was made the last tender (yes our tour was very late) and all the shore side equipment was put on the tender with us.  The sea was rough, several people tripped over the equipment while trying to get off.  I kept waiting for the officer to direct some organization to this, but did not happen.

Yes, the ship and service on the ship were great.  There were some issues with tours and that has been addressed throughout on cc, but that seems to be result of COVID and getting tours etc started back up.  I expect that to not be a problem in the future.

We just disembarked from the Voyager on Monday.  This was our second cruise on her since October 2022. The ship is in great shape.  The food was amazing and the staff service was exemplary. The captain faced a challenge on the last night to get the ship to Athens on time in spite of a 3 hour ‘search and rescue mission’ off the Greek coast for a man overboard from another ship.

The only downside was the lack of internet in our cabin on the second cruise even though we paid for enhanced internet service.

Splendor is still our favorite Regent ship, but our cruise selections our itinerary based.

I highly recommend the Voyager. 

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 9:07 PM, Guerncruising said:

We like the Voyager, she is a beautiful ship that looks right and sails very well. We have had aft(ish) suites and not noticed much vibration.  Virtually all ships must vibrate at some time with bow thrusters and pods on the stern. 

We have not sailed since Covid began but will be in a couple of weeks or so on Splendor, always happy to fail on Voyager. 

Guerncruising ,

Last year you kindly helped us re a regent excursion while on your lovely island, while we were on our favourite ship Navigator.

We just disembarked Splendor yesterday in Bcn. We had previously sailed few times on Explorer but really liked Splendor much more. The color pallet was more our taste, and it really is beautiful. 
Space wise in suite great and it was a fabulous cruise. Great staff onboard and we didn’t want to disembark yesterday. Have a great cruise and thanks again for your advice last year.

Jewn.

• Like 1