President’s cruise

1 minute ago, texas charm said:

What is a President’s cruise ?  We don’t normally sail on RC but just learned that our cruise in May on Allure of the Seas is a President’s cruise.

You might very well get some free bling. I wanted to go but not at summer prices. 

2 minutes ago, texas charm said:

What is a President’s cruise ?  We don’t normally sail on RC but just learned that our cruise in May on Allure of the Seas is a President’s cruise.

The Presidents cruise is Allure July 23, not in May 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

A freakin nightmare unless you are a Pinnacle is what a Presidents cruise is.

Over run with (rightly so) very entitled passengers.

That's part of why I changed my mind about going. Plus the solo discount isnt good july and august. So the price is even higher. They picked a date when discounts dont apply as much. 

If I was pinnacle then I think I might want to go.

Even as a Pinnacle it's something I avoid, because even in the lofty 700+ point club there is a pecking order.  The Loyalty Ambassadors dread these cruises, and they usually have to assign two LAs to work a President's Cruise.

• Like 5

Just now, firefly333 said:

That's part of why I changed my mind about going. Plus the solo discount isnt good july and august. So the price is even higher. They picked a date when discounts dont apply as much. 

If I was pinnacle then I think I might want to go.

They typically offer DP340 for these sailings but only for a limited time.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

They typically offer DP340 for these sailings but only for a limited time.  

I tried to book it the day it was announced and my ta said dp340 wasnt valid. .. so if there was a limited time we are talking minutes or hours .. I saw the announcement the very first day. I trust my ta who is well known on cc when he said dp340 is not offered. If he said dp340 wasnt offered, I believe him.

This time imo they wanted the extra money. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I tried to book it the day it was announced and my ta said dp340 wasnt valid. .. so if there was a limited time we are talking minutes or hours .. I saw the announcement the very first day. I trust my ta who is well known on cc when he said dp340 is not offered. If he said dp340 wasnt offered, I believe him.

After some negative feedback, they said that they would honor it.  

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 10:04 PM, firefly333 said:

Took a couple phone calls, but Ken worked it out for us. But ended up cancelling in the end. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

The one cruise I will always stay away from! The arrogance in the suite/diamond lounges are bad enough on a regular cruise. 😂

I really like the President's cruise!

It draws all of those types you mention to one ship that week, leaving all of the other ships free of them.  

It's a great time to cruise...on the other ships.

• Like 6
  • Haha 19

We were on the 2016 Allure and 2017 Freedom president cruises by mistake Didn't realise it was a president cruise and only booked by sail date in the caribbean and med
Never again,  over run by self entitled  pinnacle  members
Most venues  allocated to high up C&A people

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, texas charm said:

If you are indeed sailing in May, you aren’t 

on the President’s cruise. 

what is DP340

On 5/5/2023 at 10:04 PM, firefly333 said:

what is DP340?

I booked this cruise before it was the Presidents Cruise. No real option to change, so we are going to roll with it. I/m sure the Pins will be just fine. Treat them for what it is, they have status in a loyalty program, not life. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

I booked this cruise before it was the Presidents Cruise. No real option to change, so we are going to roll with it. I/m sure the Pins will be just fine. Treat them for what it is, they have status in a loyalty program, not life. 

I'm with you there!  We booked this because the departure port and dates worked for picking up our twins from a California visit with family.  I learned that it was a Presidents Cruise after final payment date and will enjoy the cruise anyway.  I mean, my wife and I will be vacationing without our 16 year old daughters - how can that NOT be fun! 

• Like 4

If you ever want to get the fisheye from someone, with a straight face, ask a Pinnacle level cruiser bedecked with  the tee shirts and jewelry that proclaims their lofty status if they ever had the desire to cruise on a more upmarket cruise line.

The reactions can be interesting, especially if you commiserate with them on their limited experience of what is available in the cruising world. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 5/10/2023 at 9:32 AM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We will be on the cruise directly before the President's cruise. Hopefully, the ship will be in extra great shape as they prepare for the bigwigs to board the day we disembark! 🙂

Or they will be preparing for the following week and have areas closed off….

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:32 PM, klfrodo said:

A freakin nightmare unless you are a Pinnacle is what a Presidents cruise is.

Over run with (rightly so) very entitled passengers.

that's what I thought it would be.   Not for me.   Already know what it is like to have company brass on the ship.  I did the first full cruise from FLA when Harmony came over in 2016.