Early Dining Time on Wonder - 5PM really? - How late can me show up?

Thanks, not a novice cruiser, but it never occurred to us we could specifically request a 2 top.

The other reason for  MTD - she likes to dine early and I'm used to a late dinner. Just no pleasing some people. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, temple1 said:

Thanks, not a novice cruiser, but it never occurred to us we could specifically request a 2 top.

The other reason for  MTD - she likes to dine early and I'm used to a late dinner. Just no pleasing some people. 

Very easy to get a two top if that is what you want.  

• Like 3

Why do people need to ask if they can arrive late when the assigned time is 5?  Wonder of the Seas is loaded with options, if you don't like your time.  Tables are ready, and your table mates are ready at 5.  They have programs for those that want flex time with eating, plus buffet is open, and all the other specialty places.  

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 4:19 PM, Joseph2018Baltic said:

Why do people need to ask if they can arrive late when the assigned time is 5?  Wonder of the Seas is loaded with options, if you don't like your time.  Tables are ready, and your table mates are ready at 5.  They have programs for those that want flex time with eating, plus buffet is open, and all the other specialty places.  

Actually, if you look on the app it’s usually a window….5:15 to 5:30, or sometimes 5:30 to 5:45, so it’s not an unreasonable question. 

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

Actually, if you look on the app it’s usually a window….5:15 to 5:30, or sometimes 5:30 to 5:45, so it’s not an unreasonable question. 

Yep..it's a 15 minute window (but I think it's 5-515 in the most part now)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Yep..it's a 15 minute window (but I think it's 5-515 in the most part now)

Yeah I was surprised when we just recently had 5:30-5:45 on Enchantment but there were also quite a few port days ending at 6 so it made sense.  

11 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

30 minutes us rude and late.

I don't think it's rude or late if your original group/table of 8 was assigned 5:30 which is still 30 minutes earlier than their "traditional" early dining time was 6:00. We haven't cruised RCI since 2017 on the Anthem to celebrate our 50th Anniversary with our Family of 16. We had our 55th booked on the Oasis  with (again only because of bells & whistles for Granddkids) for last year with a 6:00 dining time but cancelled due to covid. We're sailing with some Family members in July (again only because of Grandkids) and it will definitely be our last RCI cruise. 

Edited by Loracpin2
spelling

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I don't think it's rude or late if your original group/table of 8 was assigned 5:30 which is still 30 minutes earlier than their "traditional" early dining time was 6:00. We haven't cruised RCI since 2017 on the Anthem to celebrate our 50th Anniversary with our Family of 16. We had our 55th booked on the Oasis  with (again only because of bells & whistles for Granddkids) for last year with a 6:00 dining time but cancelled due to covid. We're sailing with some Family members in July (again only because of Grandkids) and it will definitely be our last RCI cruise. 

Can I ask why you definitely won't be sailing with RCI again? 

5 hours ago, moposh said:

I had early dining.  There was a four top next to my table.  They always showed up 15-30 minutes or so late and they were always served.

Last two cruises on Ovation and Quantum we had a table for eight late dining.  Waiter said any time between 7:45 and 8:15 would be ok. Everyone at the table agreed on 8:00. It would be very rude if couples sharing a large table showed up at different times. It would also be rude to start ordering before everyone showed up. 

• Like 2

To those that show up 30 minutes or more late...DO be prepared to have your table given away.  Have seen it done many times.  

And even if you DO manage to keep your table after 30 minutes late...DO be prepared for stink eye from the unhappy MTD pax in a long line at the entrance waiting for first seating to finish up so they can be seated.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last two cruises on Ovation and Quantum we had a table for eight late dining.  Waiter said any time between 7:45 and 8:15 would be ok. Everyone at the table agreed on 8:00. It would be very rude if couples sharing a large table showed up at different times. It would also be rude to start ordering before everyone showed up. 

These four were together.  It was a man and his three children (teens).  

31 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

It would also be rude to start ordering before everyone showed up. 

That depends….if we have a show or a spa appointment afterward I might order early and let the other couples know as soon as they get there what I did and why I did it. At lunch when they seat people at shared tables, the waiters start taking orders almost immediately well before the table is filled so it’s not uncommon. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:45 PM, feeloftheocean said:

I don’t have to justify my actions but we did show up on time in the past as mentioned in my previous post. I was asking about what time is acceptable to show up at and nothing else. Thanks for the answers.

When you have an appointment time for something the acceptable time to show up IS the appointment time. Or in my case, 15 minutes early is right on time.

• Like 2