New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's the politics of the whole thing has has me weary.   I am so tired of the game, and even though I have already made Pinnacle awhile ago, I am done with RCI for pretty much that reason.  Tired of being judged, tired of the politics, tired of having our benefit perks eroded.

Well, I would like to have sailed with you with no judgement or politics.🙂 However, nothing that I could to about the perk erosion for either one of us.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I would like to have sailed with you with no judgement or politics.🙂 However, nothing that I could to about the perk erosion for either one of us.

Thanks OB, and have very much enjoyed our conversations here on CC with you as well.  Would have liked to have had the pleasure to sail with you, and perhaps we still will someday.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

CK on our last Oasis cruise was packed because of Pinnacles. I think they should go back to having their own lounge and leave CK just for suites. Using it as a loyalty perk as well as the suite lounge dilutes the perk for both groups.

How do you know they were not in a suite?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DebJ14 said:

We had several Pinnacles in our SL on our last cruise bragging that they were in the cheapest inside possible.   They pretty much told us we were fools for paying for a full suite.

Ah, but we do get double points and that is the only reason we made it to  Diamond with so few RC cruises.

3 Pinnacles?  That's not a consensus.  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

3 Pinnacles?  That's not a consensus.  

I never said 3, and besides that was just from our last cruise.  We have only traveled in a GS or above since 2012 and I can assure you that during bridge tours, backstage tours, and in the SL we were repeatedly told by Pinnacles ( wearing their badges) that a suite was a waste of money because they never spent any time in their cabin.  I can assure you that if I was in an inside I would never spend any time in the cabin either.  But in a GS, OS or PH suite on Princess we do spend lots of time in the cabin or on the balcony. 

Actually, we found the nicest group to be those in the Yacht Club on MSC, many of whom were former RCI and Celebrity cruisers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DebJ14 said:

I never said 3, and besides that was just from our last cruise.  We have only traveled in a GS or above since 2012 and I can assure you that during bridge tours, backstage tours, and in the SL we were repeatedly told by Pinnacles ( wearing their badges) that a suite was a waste of money because they never spent any time in their cabin.  I can assure you that if I was in an inside I would never spend any time in the cabin either.  But in a GS, OS or PH suite on Princess we do spend lots of time in the cabin or on the balcony. 

Actually, we found the nicest group to be those in the Yacht Club on MSC, many of whom were former RCI and Celebrity cruisers.

That's your opinion.  I've been cruising for 20 years. I can assure you, most Pinnacles is not a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, island lady said:

You don't know me, but believe it or not...I am not one of those Pinnacles.  There are jerks in all levels of C&A, (Including your Diamond level).  For some reason some pax like to focus on the Pinnacles, and then demonize the whole group.  

It's the politics of the whole thing has has me weary.   I am so tired of the game, and even though I have already made Pinnacle awhile ago, I am done with RCI for pretty much that reason.  Tired of being judged, tired of the politics, tired of having our benefit perks eroded. 

Even though I have made it to that level, ironically I have now started booking almost exclusively with other lines...Viking being the major choice for us now.  Have some very long cruises booked around different parts of the world with them that we are looking forward to.    

What politics? I guess I'm unaware how politics is mixed into this? Higher deposits for suites?

Enjoy viking. There will be another time for you and rcl perhaps. 

My spreadsheet reports since becoming Pinnacle I'm 5% interior, 0% Oceanview, 70% Balcony and 25% suites.

On the cruise to achieving Pinnacle I was 25% interior, 17% oceanview, 28% balcony and 30% suites.

My suite booking trend has stayed nearly consistent before and after Pinnacle (25% - 30%).  I might book some JS tonight to get in before the deposit change.  That will bring my suite booking trend gap closer.  

I recently sailed on Radiance in an interior.  My last interior was forty one cruises ago.   

There are folks at every level who only sail in __________ cabins.    Why is it notable that this statement includes some Pinnacles?  Their money, let them spend it as they see fit.

After spending six figures to reach Pinnacle it's a wonder I have money to cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, island lady said:

Hi Sherri.  🙂  Yes, we enjoyed Chops as well.  And indeed, it was not because Pinnies were kicked out of CK, met John and Laura in Harmony in there quite often.   

Have been on ships where there were a very limited amount of Pinnies, (one with only six of us) and were still invited into Chops.  I think being able to go into Chops for breakfast is my favorite perk. 🥰  One of the best had been on Voyager for our B2B2B this last February.  Waiters were soooo great and always remembered our preferences.  

We found that Chops was quieter for breakfast that CK and event opted for Chops when we were in a GS.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

We found that Chops was quieter for breakfast that CK and event opted for Chops when we were in a GS.  

One cruise on Harmony, we were not impressed by the lack of service in Chops...ended up back at CK, which was good since we were so familiar with the staff in there and our favorite waiters.  

On Jewel, with no CK of course, Chops was really bad.  On both legs of both B2Bs in February and January.   Both food and service even worse.  Ended up in the MDR for breakfast, with far superior service and better choice in entrees.  We kept trying to see if things had improved in there...but finally gave up.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm a "view" type of person.  I haven't been on a ship yet that has a Chops with a "view".  Coastal Kitchens have always had a grrrrrr8 "view".  That's not to disparage Chops one bit, I love Chops!  But, I love Chops not because of the "view".  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

One cruise on Harmony, we were not impressed by the lack of service in Chops...ended up back at CK, which was good since we were so familiar with the staff in there and our favorite waiters.  

On Jewel, with no CK of course, Chops was really bad.  On both legs of both B2Bs in February and January.   Both food and service even worse.  Ended up in the MDR for breakfast, with far superior service and better choice in entrees.  We kept trying to see if things had improved in there...but finally gave up.  

We just sailed on Indy for 4 nights and the service in Chops for breakfast was great as well as for dinner and lunch (we had the UDP as no CK on Indy).  We did go to the SL for the Continental Breakfast and enjoyed it -- great SL Concierge -- Carl Flores.  

We're in a JS for the August Family cruise and booked on Deck 9 -- one deck up from Chops on Deck 8 in Central Park.  So will probably have breakfast there every day unless the Pinnacle number is below the cutoff.  In that case, we would use CK for breakfasts (maybe in the SL) and lunches.  

10 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm a "view" type of person.  I haven't been on a ship yet that has a Chops with a "view".  Coastal Kitchens have always had a grrrrrr8 "view".  That's not to disparage Chops one bit, I love Chops!  But, I love Chops not because of the "view".  

Agree about the view -- we enjoyed Continental Breakfast in the SL with the views.  As posted above, we will use CK for breakfast and lunch.  We are with a family group and will be having dinner in the MDR.  

• Like 1

Just now, SherriZ366 said:

We just sailed on Indy for 4 nights and the service in Chops for breakfast was great as well as for dinner and lunch (we had the UDP as no CK on Indy).  We did go to the SL for the Continental Breakfast and enjoyed it -- great SL Concierge -- Carl Flores.  

We're in a JS for the August Family cruise and booked on Deck 9 -- one deck up from Chops on Deck 8 in Central Park.  So will probably have breakfast there every day unless the Pinnacle number is below the cutoff.  In that case, we would use CK for breakfasts (maybe in the SL) and lunches.  

Best Chops breakfast experience we have had by far was our B2B2B on Voyager this last February.  They welcomed us by name every morning, had our favorite beverage choices coming out as we were seated...and food was always hot, fresh, and delicious. Service was over the top wonderful.  When they ran out of my favorite V8 choice, our waitress picked up a six pack on her own time off in port.  Wow.... Miss that place!  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Those specifics can change with every sailing.

On 6/5/2023 at 2:36 PM, island lady said:

Best Chops breakfast experience we have had by far was our B2B2B on Voyager this last February.  They welcomed us by name every morning, had our favorite beverage choices coming out as we were seated...and food was always hot, fresh, and delicious. Service was over the top wonderful.  When they ran out of my favorite V8 choice, our waitress picked up a six pack on her own time off in port.  Wow.... Miss that place!  

Wow!!  Sounds close to our Chops Experience on Indy.  All the staff especially the hostess gave us great service.  We did the UDP and made our reservations at the Chops as soon as we got on the ship.  I mentioned the service and the hostess in my Survey.  

• Like 1

I forget which cruise now, but somewhat recently...

This guy in Chops just couldn't get his bacon the way he wanted it. Complained every day. And the way he wanted it just isn't possible with the way they bake the bacon instead of frying it up like most of us do.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, island lady said:

We've had very good success on both Serenade and Navigator.  Service was impeccable both time.  I found CK good as well just a little busier with a lot more hustle and bustle.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

We've had very good success on both Serenade and Navigator.  Service was impeccable both time.  I found CK good as well just a little busier with a lot more hustle and bustle.

Indeed we enjoyed Chops on Serenade as well.   Navigator is the only Voyager class ship I have not been on.  

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Navigator is the only Voyager class ship I have not been on.  

The breakfast menu is the same as it is on any ship but I felt like the service was remarkably attentive. We'll be back on in August.  I'm hoping it is still the same.