Live from the Pride!

Eli_6

It could be a rule that they have decided to have on that particular ship.  Or whoever is in charge of enforcing the (no food in the pool area) has a different definition of what is considered "the pool area".

I don't know why even an inexperienced crew member would enforce a rule (especially one that he/she knows is likely to upset a passenger) that didn't actually exist. 

Did people have food on the blue loungers during lunch and dinnertime?  Maybe it's a rule for the late evening.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Also,  I was kind of disappointed that there weren't more monkees...but I am thinking that maybe we did not go to the right place even though we went to "Ape's Den."  There were no monkees at Ape's Den.  We saw 3 at the top of the rock and maybe 5 at the St. Michael's Cave.  So, you might want to take an excursion just to do that if you really want to see the monkess. 

SMC was neat, too, and had a cool light show you could watch. 

Well, the only Monkee that is still alive is Mickey Dolenz, so the chances that you would run into him on Gibraltar are pretty slim.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 11

13 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

It could be a rule that they have decided to have on that particular ship.  Or whoever is in charge of enforcing the (no food in the pool area) has a different definition of what is considered "the pool area".

I don't know why even an inexperienced crew member would enforce a rule (especially one that he/she knows is likely to upset a passenger) that didn't actually exist. 

Did people have food on the blue loungers during lunch and dinnertime?  Maybe it's a rule for the late evening.

Perhaps the new employee misunderstood the "no food in the pool area" rule. Usually Carnival is pretty good about letting customers know what the rules are.

35 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Also,  I was kind of disappointed that there weren't more monkees...but I am thinking that maybe we did not go to the right place even though we went to "Ape's Den."  There were no monkees at Ape's Den.  We saw 3 at the top of the rock and maybe 5 at the St. Michael's Cave.  So, you might want to take an excursion just to do that if you really want to see the monkess. 

SMC was neat, too, and had a cool light show you could watch. 

Looks like you had pretty good weather for the day with mostly clear skies. Made for some great pictures.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Guys and the deli are excellent.  

My wife likes to go to the salad bar area (for lunch) and make a salad in a bowl - then head over to the deli to get several scoops of tuna on top. Usually by the second day, the deli servers are already waiting for her. She does one lunch at Guys, and then the rest doing the tuna salad deal. On ships that have the Salad Creations in the Serenity Area, she'll get her salad there and then take it down to the deli for her tuna. Of course - her kryptonite is the chocolate chip cookies.

• Like 3

Doesn't sound right to me either.  I've eaten many a Blue Iguana taco on my lounger, although admittedly not at night during the movie. In fact the more that I think about it, it seems crazy and a misinterpretation by the staff member.  No way those dozen tables by Guy's can even begin to accommodate.

Now 'no food sitting on the edge (or worse IN) the pool'.... different story.

16 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Wait- did you say Carnival was enforcing a rule?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NO! If it was a rule, they would not enforce it. Ergo, it is not a rule which allows them to enforce it. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 7

Hello...I've a question if you don't mind. Is the statue of David still in front of the steakhouse? I understand the steakhouse was rebranded to the Fahrenheit 555 name like other ships, I have a thought they may haven taken the opportunity to dump the David statue altogether.

1 minute ago, bar1068 said:

Hello...I've a question if you don't mind. Is the statue of David still in front of the steakhouse? I understand the steakhouse was rebranded to the Fahrenheit 555 name like other ships, I have a thought they may haven taken the opportunity to dump the David statue altogether.

It isn't there.  No David at all. 

• Like 2

Couldn't get into the locker rooms. They were doing construction on them. I don't think there will be saunas from what I could see.  This is as much as I could see.

Booked a 75 minute massage and my treatment room was next to the construction zone while construction was going on. Unfortunately,  I didn't know ahead of time before I booked.  I asked if they could turn on music to drown out the noise and was told no because of "IT issues."  Left my relaxing massage with a headache...that's probably partially my own issues because I have construction ptsd after our 18-months, 300k remodel that was supposed to cost 150k and be done in 3 months.  Still, sort of feel like they should warn customers because no one expects to hear tile saws, drilling, hammering, and the screeching of metal during their spa treatment.

20230530_164800.jpg

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Couldn't get into the locker rooms. They were doing construction on them. I don't think there will be saunas from what I could see.  This is as much as I could see.

Booked a 75 minute massage and my treatment room was next to the construction zone while construction was going on. Unfortunately,  I didn't know ahead of time before I booked.  I asked if they could turn on music to drown out the noise and was told no because of "IT issues."  Left my relaxing massage with a headache...that's probably partially my own issues because I have construction ptsd after our 18-months, 300k remodel that was supposed to cost 150k and be done in 3 months.  Still, sort of feel like they should warn customers because no one expects to hear tile saws, drilling, hammering, and the screeching of metal during their spa treatment.

20230530_164800.jpg

Carnival says they have "kits" for sensory adverse passengers.  They should have those kits on hand for this.  That bites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Well, the only Monkee that is still alive is Mickey Dolenz, so the chances that you would run into him on Gibraltar are pretty slim.  🤣🤣🤣

I think my phone autocorrected that and I didn't catch it because I actually love the Monkees and probably text about them more than actual monkeys.  Or maybe my brain did that.  I used to watch the Monkee's show on Nickelodeon back when Nickelodeon played classic shows.  I loved them and NKOTB when I was like ages 5 to 9. Then, later, N'Sync.  Never like the Backstreet Boys.  Jonas Brothers were after I was already too old to be into boy bands...although, now (as adults) I actually like their music better. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Couldn't get into the locker rooms. They were doing construction on them. I don't think there will be saunas from what I could see.  

Booked a 75 minute massage and my treatment room was next to the construction zone while construction was going on. Unfortunately,  Didn't know ahead of time.  I asked if they could turn on music to drown out thrle noise and was told no because of "IT issues."  Left my relaxing massage with a headache...that's probably partially own issues because I have construction ptsd after our 18-months, 300k remodel that was supposed to cost 150k and be done in 3 months.  Still, sort of feel like they should warn customers because no one expects to hear tile saws, drilling, hammering, and the screeching of metal during their spa treatment.

20230530_164800.jpg

Oh boy! Sorry your treatment wasn't as relaxing as to should have been. 

Looks like a total remodel of the Spa locker rooms. History shows two tracks they could follow.

On the Sunshining Mega-drydocks initially they were removing all the single sex steam and saunas and replacing them with just a small single sex sauna. The locker rooms resembled what was on the Vista Class ships. Then starting with the Sunrise (and I assume the Radiance) they no longer put in a single sex saunas in each locker room but put in one co-ed sauna outside the entrances to the locker rooms. I suspect they will do the latter here, but anything is possible. 

Even on the Excel Class ships there is one co-ed sauna that's available for everyone to use, so I suspect and HOPE they will at LEAST provide one co-ed one, especially since there's no thermal suite on Spirit class ships and there isn't room to create a brand new Thermal Suite (But then again anything's possible!)

Edit: The Deck plans on Carnival's website for the Pride, which is the updated version, still show individual steam and sauna rooms in each locker room(the whirlpool is not showing) so there's hope those will survive the remodel. It would make sense since there isn't room for a full thermal suite. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Carnival says they have "kits" for sensory adverse passengers.  They should have those kits on hand for this.  That bites.

That would have been a great idea. I wish I would have thought to ask about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

I think my phone autocorrected that and I didn't catch it because I actually love the Monkees and probably text about them more than actual monkeys.  Or maybe my brain did that.  I used to watch the Monkee's show on Nickelodeon back when Nickelodeon played classic shows.  I loved them and NKOTB when I was like ages 5 to 9. Then, later, N'Sync.  Never like the Backstreet Boys.  Jonas Brothers were after I was already too old to be into boy bands...although, now (as adults) I actually like their music better. 

My DDs loved Big Time Rush when they were little.  The TV show totally reminded me of The Monkees!  I even attended a concert of BTR with my youngest DD, 10 at the time. 🤣