AquaClass: Select 3 free workout items while on cruise? (ie: Upgraded yoga mat delivered to your room)

fstuff1

When i was onboard the Apex last year in Aquaclass, i had a choice of 3 items from a list in my acct.

I'm onboard the Summit this Aug and I don't see that list anywhere in my acct.

Does aquaclass on M class not give out these workout items?

Edited by fstuff1

I pre-ordered stretch bands and the balance ball.

The yoga mats were already in the room, the bands showed up on day 2 or 3 of our 9 night cruise, and the room attendant told us that there were no balance balls available.

Never used any of the room exercise equipment.  :  (

Shortly after we booked an Aqua class cabin on Silhouette for an upcoming cruise we received an email asking us which of a list of options we wanted to order for our room. The email was received back in January or February.

8 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Shortly after we booked an Aqua class cabin on Silhouette for an upcoming cruise we received an email asking us which of a list of options we wanted to order for our room. The email was received back in January or February.

ugg.. i dont see that email and i booked months ago. 😞

28 minutes ago, didicruiser said:

When I was onboard the Reflection this past December, yoga mat in closet and nothing else given! I did preorder. 
but in all fairness, I didn’t ask! 

We had the same experience on the Millennium in March. I pre-ordered three items that never manifested. That said, I also didn't ask. The yoga mats appeared to be absent but I finally spotted them on top of the closet near the end of the cruise. I *meant* to workout more during our cruise but alas... In lieu of using the elevators we took the stairs from our stateroom on Deck 11 most of the time. 🙂

(Side Note: I did use one of the Pelotons in the gym. I was able to log in to my own account and it all worked well! There's a sign on them that says they need to be reserved but a quick chat with the spa staff had one ready to go on demand.)

Edited by BeachTunes

12 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Here's a link to the reservation page for the amenities.

https://cloud.na.celebritycruises.com/AQ_AMENITIES_FORM

thx!

so 3 items per room, not per person?

Anyone have experience with the recovery kits?

RECOVERY KIT:
Massaging Acupressure Mat, Deep Tissue Infinity Roller
 Aligned Domes for Balance and Self-Massage

If so, which do you recommend?

Edited by fstuff1

Although we've sailed Aqua many times we've never before received the email and had no clue about the availability of these items, so we've no experience in what the items are, or how good they are. Also, we haven't a clue about whether the ordered items actually appear. We have seen yoga mats in the room however although we never ordered them. As far as I can tell from the email my guess is that it is 3 items per stateroom, but that's only a guess. Here's what the email says:

Last cruise (three weeks ago) there were yoga mats and heavier stretching pads in the cabin. We did receive a bag with a yoga ball, stretching straps and weighted blanket … but we didn’t request them so gave them back to the stateroom attendant. 

I did use a mat to stretch but honestly, it’s really a tight space. I think this was a misguided attempt to attract Gwynneth’s aficionados. 

• Like 4

Thanks for the link to request.  I never received the email either, so I requested by accessing the form by the link shared above.  Now I hope the items appear while I am on my transatlantic cruise in 2024!

12 hours ago, Hazelwoodp said:

So, are there yoga classes to go with the yoga mats?  I checked the spa and fitness options and didn’t see one.

yes, aquaclass = free yoga classes.

there were yoga mats in the room  when i was on edge class. (incidentally i traded down on my next free aqua to sunset/aft balcony because i want a real balcony on edge class.)

never been in aqua on any s-class but i assume they have it in class as well.

edit:

on your cruise, maybe there's no fitness instructors thus no yoga classes

Edited by fstuff1

38 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

yes, aquaclass = free yoga classes.

there were yoga mats in the room  when i was on edge class. (incidentally i traded down on my next free aqua to sunset/aft balcony because i want a real balcony on edge class.)

never been in aqua on any s-class but i assume they have it in class as well.

edit:

on your cruise, maybe there's no fitness instructors thus no yoga classes

Are the yoga classes not done in your room by following along with a video? I am not sure where I read it but I though I read somewhere that the yoga classes were virtual.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Are the yoga classes not done in your room by following along with a video? I am not sure where I read it but I though I read somewhere that the yoga classes were virtual.  

Never turned on my tv so no idea if there's virtual.

The yoga classes I went to were in person in the gym by the fitness instructor. 

Oh, because of the small size of the room, it's only limited to 10people.

I think those that paid in advance for the class gets priority over us aquas

3 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I got the email around 30 days prior to my cruise. 

We are in an Aqua Class Sky Suite on Millennium next May and have already received the email asking us to pick our three items.  Since I have a severe case of CRS, I don't remember what the choices were or what I picked.  Not sure it matters.  We booked that room primarily for the separate tub and shower. 

19 hours ago, Hazelwoodp said:

So, are there yoga classes to go with the yoga mats?  I checked the spa and fitness options and didn’t see one.

If nothing has recently changed, Aqua guests are entitled to 3 freebie specialty classes. (Make sure that you identify yourself as Aqua.) Normal cost for Yoga/Pilates is around $20 and they now add an 18% gratuity. If you take more than 3 classes, you'll incur the full charge.

If you go to the Fitness Center after boarding, the Fitness Instructor(s) "should" be available. They'll  sign you up for your desired classes. True, Yoga numbers are restricted, but spots are reserved based on the order of sign-up. Aqua guests using their freebies are treated no differently than other passengers. 

On 5/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, fstuff1 said:

When i was onboard the Apex last year in Aquaclass, i had a choice of 3 items from a list in my acct.

I'm onboard the Summit this Aug and I don't see that list anywhere in my acct.

Does aquaclass on M class not give out these workout items?

We are sailing on the Equinox on Aug 5th & just received an email about the choice of 3 items this morning.