Help needed - Lost license while on cruise

Do you have a picture of your DL on your phone?

My suggestion if you don't find it, is to go to guest services and explain what happened and what should you do.  You will get all sorts of answers on CC but the guest services are in a better position to help you then random TA wannabees on a internet forum.

Edited to add I am not including the helpful TAs that have had excellent suggestions in the past and currently.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 2

Worst case scenario you may be working on a cruise ship for a while.  🙂

OP I hope you know I'm kidding.  

Based on your name I'm wondering if you're a Florida resident?  If so you may be in luck.  I have a digital ID.  It's my drivers license on my phone.  It's a secure version of your drivers license.    Here's a link.  https://www.flhsmv.gov/floridasmartid/.   Maybe you can get this before tomorrow?  It might help?  Best of luck.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

Based on your name I'm wondering if you're a Florida resident?  If so you may be in luck.  I have a digital ID.  It's my drivers license on my phone.  It's a secure version of your drivers license.    Here's a link.  https://www.flhsmv.gov/floridasmartid/.   Maybe you can get this before tomorrow?  It might help?  Best of luck.  

That's a pilot program that is closed.  

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why would you need your drivers license to go through customs ?

A birth certificate doesn't have a picture.  There is no way to know that the BC is theirs. 

The DL is gov't issued ID that CBP can look at and confirm it matches the data on the BC.

16 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Do you have a picture of your DL on your phone?

My suggestion if you don't find it, is to go to guest services and explain what happened and what should you do.  You will get all sorts of answers on CC but the guest services are in a better position to help you then random TA wannabees on a internet forum.

Edited to add I am not including the helpful TAs that have had excellent suggestions in the past and currently.

Respectfully, guest services is probably going to provide zero help here.  Half of them don’t even know many Royals policies let alone federal customs protocols for a lost ID.  I wouldn’t trust any advice from them on this one bit nor would I expect them to give advice.  now they may allow you to call customs to ask.  But the OP could probably do that on their own.  

Basically, I doubt it is Royals place to give guidance on a customs issue unless there is clear and standard protocols.  And if there were such protocols, they would be easy to find online.  

I’m quite certain this is going to be a enhance questioning situation at most.   It may be nothing if they don’t ask for it.  This situation is probably common in total numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two different issues.  To get off the ship all you need is your seapass card.  Dealing with immigration and customs is where you need a DL.  Maybe ship took a picture of your DL when you boarded and might be able to give you a copy.  Good luck.

Hi @disneybabe. Did you ask guest services to contact Cape Liberty to check and see if it may have been found/turned in there?  We were married years ago in Cozumel on an Allure sailing. I managed to be stupid enough to set our marriage license down at one of the port shops on the way back to the ship. Never picked it back up. Didnt realize it until we were back at sea. Before I even told my wife, I went to GS and they were on the phone with the port. Long story short, RC scoured the port shops, found the license and fedex’d it to our house. It beat us home. GS really can help. 

Edited by Boz575
  • Like 3

OP - once you are home and unpacked over the next few days if your DL is truly lost you may want to consider some credit monitoring service for the next year or two.   

A lost DL in the wrong hands could be used towards identity theft.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, topnole said:

Respectfully, guest services is probably going to provide zero help here.  Half of them don’t even know many Royals policies let alone federal customs protocols for a lost ID.  I wouldn’t trust any advice from them on this one bit nor would I expect them to give advice.  now they may allow you to call customs to ask.  But the OP could probably do that on their own.  

Basically, I doubt it is Royals place to give guidance on a customs issue unless there is clear and standard protocols.  And if there were such protocols, they would be easy to find online.  

I’m quite certain this is going to be a enhance questioning situation at most.   It may be nothing if they don’t ask for it.  This situation is probably common in total numbers. 

True.  But they may have dealt with it before onboard.  Couldn't hurt just to ask.

Appreciate all the replies. To help clear things up I do not have a passport. I wish I had at least a picture of the license on my phone. ( I will in the future 😂)  Guest services is polite but does not have many answers.  I will just have to go through some kind of process tomorrow but my biggest concern is the delay because I have my three grandkids with me.  Oh well off to enjoy the last night of the cruise. The customs problems will be waiting for me tomorrow.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, disneybabe said:

Appreciate all the replies. To help clear things up I do not have a passport. I wish I had at least a picture of the license on my phone. ( I will in the future 😂)  Guest services is polite but does not have many answers.  I will just have to go through some kind of process tomorrow but my biggest concern is the delay because I have my three grandkids with me.  Oh well off to enjoy the last night of the cruise. The customs problems will be waiting for me tomorrow.

Good attitude. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, disneybabe said:

Appreciate all the replies. To help clear things up I do not have a passport. I wish I had at least a picture of the license on my phone. ( I will in the future 😂)  

Also snap a picture of your birth certificate.

Copies in my iPhone Notes app:  DL, BC, passport, GE card, vaccine card, eyeglasses prescription, PC physician's business card, global medical insurance card, and ... chocolate chip cheesecake dip recipe.  😄

Looks like I'm missing my stateside medical insurance card ... time to scan it.

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Copies in my iPhone Notes app:  DL, BC, passport, GE card, vaccine card, eyeglasses prescription, PC physician's business card, global medical insurance card, and ... chocolate chip cheesecake dip recipe.  😄

The chocolate chip cheesecake recipe sounds interesting 😂

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

This is a good back up plan unless your phone gets lost with your other stuff.  Years back the recommended approach was to email all of this to yourself so it could retrieved anywhere you could access your email.  Not sure if that is deemed too much of a security hazard now, but the point remains it is wise to have such back up stay accessible from anywhere and not just your own phone.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

This is a good back up plan unless your phone gets lost with your other stuff.  Years back the recommended approach was to email all of this to yourself so it could retrieved anywhere you could access your email.  Not sure if that is deemed too much of a security hazard now, but the point remains it is wise to have such back up stay accessible from anywhere and not just your own phone.  

Notes are saved in iCloud (accessible with an internet connection).  🙂

Or another device on the same iCloud account.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1