What is in Santa Clarita?

theloo

Just curious, does anyone know what happens at the Princess HQ?  I know the production shows are staged there and there are customer service staff.  I will be there the day before I sail out of San Pedro and was wondering if they have a gift shop or anything to visit.

1 hour ago, theloo said:

Just curious, does anyone know what happens at the Princess HQ?  I know the production shows are staged there and there are customer service staff.  I will be there the day before I sail out of San Pedro and was wondering if they have a gift shop or anything to visit.

If you go, would you mind dropping one of these books off for the IT Department?

image.jpeg

ETA:  Tagging @Thrak in case you don't see it as I am sure you will have a good laugh.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2
  • Haha 19

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

If you go, would you mind dropping one of these books off for the IT Department?

But... But... But... They may be coding in BASIC...🤪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StrawberryHill said:

Hi,   Its just an office building.   You have to have a reason to get in.   There is a modal of a Princess cruise ship in the lobby and not much else.

I've been in the buildings many times, nothing there to see.  There are a number of separate buildings that house the different Princess departments.

Edited by LACruiser88

Just now, Mike45LC said:

It is likely the same ship model they had in the lobby when headquarters was in Century City (Los Angeles).   I was in those offices several times for legal meetings.

I think it might be the Grand Princess.

Not a tourist destination. If you could even get into the building you would see desks, and other normal office stuff. I think you might be able to find the cabin mock ups on line. In the past I have seen videos of them. It is an hour or more drive north of San Pedro.

• Haha 1

Worst case if you get there just walk a half a block and go into the Valencia Mall to do some shopping.  Also you are surrounded by many restaurants.  Thats about it. 

1 hour ago, waltd said:

Worst case if you get there just walk a half a block and go into the Valencia Mall to do some shopping.  Also you are surrounded by many restaurants.  Thats about it. 

Isn’t Six Flags Magic Mountain nearby?  45 years ago, before it became gang infested, that was a fun amusement park.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

image.jpeg

ETA:  Tagging @Thrak in case you don't see it as I am sure you will have a good laugh.

This why I love this guy!!!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Isn’t Six Flags Magic Mountain nearby?  45 years ago, before it became gang infested, that was a fun amusement park.

Probably a 20 minute drive. For the young and young at heart. Not like it use to be.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Not a tourist destination. If you could even get into the building you would see desks, and other normal office stuff. I think you might be able to find the cabin mock ups on line. In the past I have seen videos of them. It is an hour or more drive north of San Pedro.

I wasn't going specifically for Princess.  I will be there anyway 😉

1 hour ago, waltd said:

Probably a 20 minute drive. For the young and young at heart. Not like it use to be.

10 from the parking lot.  

I have been to SFMM two or three times a LONG time ago.  Not sure I would venture there again today considering other options.  I suppose if I wanted to ride some of the coasters....   I liked a lot of the old coasters they had many moons back.

We were so close last October and didn't realise it until later! After our Discovery Princess cruise we drove up from LA to San Francisco and stopped by the "Lost Boys" bridge - which is only 4 minutes drive away

image.thumb.jpeg.4ffddc1bad514037b5c9560adb4c0bb3.jpeg

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

image.jpeg

The receptionist would have to actually figure out where the outsourced IT team are located and mail it to them ......  along with the reservations support agents, and all the other outsourced functions.   These days there is probably as much empty "Princess" office space as there is occupied space

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 3:26 PM, StrawberryHill said:

Hi,   Its just an office building.   You have to have a reason to get in.   There is a modal of a Princess cruise ship in the lobby and not much else.

Is the model of the Titanic? 🤪