The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 21st, 2023

richwmn

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for today’s report.  I’d be happy to try today’s meal suggestion if someone else is doing the cooking.  I do order stuffed peppers at the Greek restaurant and they are enough for two meals.  It’s another busy work day, two customers went live with updates, another’s patient portal went down and I’m working on a divestiture for another set of customers.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.89e4cc56d0adcdf5328b441243a22b80.png

• Like 18
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

@rafinmd Roy this is the best shot of Maasdam I could get. Sad!

image.jpeg

Thanks for the picture Bruce. Maas dam was our first HAL cruise. And not the last on her. Good memories. Wonderful to see your amazing cruise and how much you are enjoying it all!  Thanks for sharing it with us! 
Maureen  

• Like 17

Good afternoon.  We are back, finally from DH's post-op visit.  It was originally scheduled for 12:45 pm, but he got a call about 10:45 asking if he could come at 11:30 as there was a cancelation.  When we got there, the staff said that the doctor was in surgery and would be about an hour.  We could either go get lunch and come back, see him in Waco in two weeks or wait.  We decided that we'd just wait.  Evidently, the surgery took longer than planned, because it was about 1:l5 when they called us back.  The visit was less than five minutes, but the news was good.  The x-ray showed the bone was growing nicely and everything looked good.  We see him in August and one final time with an x-ray in October.

It is 94F right now, but when we left the hospital, it actually felt good since they keep it cold in there.

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

What a beautiful city for our walking tour. Quimper, France. Fromage crepe was huge.

image.thumb.jpeg.ab10bc192a68b1c100e1ece2c177c86a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aedc22dfadb09af7bd3c87e1289e6ca5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.451e8c0f96c853581e11539eb2defe8b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.55fe21529f788598a97c583867ac0eac.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b34f16bc4753325e2d2ea773e9bd7960.jpeg

Bruce, thanks for the pictures of Quimper.  Since we've been to Brest twice, we may make a side trip to Quimper next time.  Also, thanks for another picture of the former Maasdam.  She still looks good.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@marshhawk,Annie, Sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you can get an appointment  soon.Very sorry about Chuck's mom and send along prayers for her.

@dfish,Debbie, The house looks just great,thanks for the pictures.

@erewhon,Glad to hear the scan was a good one!

@cat shepard and @StLouisCruisers, thank you for your prayers and kind words. We are having "a moment" today as DD says often  and things are tense within the household but this will pass eventually.

Terry, I'm sorry you are having a "moment" and I hope it passes quickly.  Hang in there.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Back from therapy, the brace still hasn’t come in yet. He hopes by next week. Did some more stretching exercises today, fingers hurt the most, but he’s optimistic it will help. 🤞

I hope the brace shows up by next week, and that the stretching exercises help.

11 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

In the hopefully good news department, more noises have been heard in the search for the submersible 🤞🙏

Also, I’ve noticed Joy @Seasick Sailorhasnt posted for several days. Hope all is well.

The last time Joy @Seasick Sailor posted, she mentioned that she and her houseguest had taken an early walk.  I hope she is just busy with company and life.

@erewhon  That is good news your scan was clear.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Thanks for the picture Bruce. Maas dam was our first HAL cruise. And not the last on her. Good memories. Wonderful to see your amazing cruise and how much you are enjoying it all!  Thanks for sharing it with us! 
Maureen  

Thanks. When I saw her I couldn’t help think how sad @SailSevenSeas would be to see this. She and her husband loved this ship and crew.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@marshhawk,Annie, Sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you can get an appointment  soon.Very sorry about Chuck's mom and send along prayers for her.

@dfish,Debbie, The house looks just great,thanks for the pictures.

@erewhon,Glad to hear the scan was a good one!

@cat shepard and @StLouisCruisers, thank you for your prayers and kind words. We are having "a moment" today as DD says often  and things are tense within the household but this will pass eventually.

I hope you are all okay Terry.

Good wishes always.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

Just getting a chance to post.

All is well.  Our trip to Southampton was without incident.  I slept most of the way.  We were able to get an extra reservation at the Italian Restaurant tonight — Toscana.  Very good.

All unpacked.  Tomorrow is a sea day.

Very tired and am going to bed.  Thank you for the well wishes.  Will read all the posts tomorrow and try to post more.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the HAL  Fleet locations, and the daily.

Have not tried any of the Trinity Hill wines.   Pre- covid, I think Trinity Hill was included in a HAL excursion to wineries  in Napier......... but I could be wrong!

@kazu  beautiful irises, thank for the photos, hope that Ivan continues to be well.

@Quartzsite Cruiser  good news for your DH, it was worth waiting to see the surgeon.  Thanks for your message.

@Cruzin Terri  Bon Voyage, hope you have a healthy relaxing cruise.

@aliaschief  thank you for your photos.  I agree with your comment about @sail7seas  

We loved our cruises on the Maasdam, was very sad that she was sold. Your second photo of Maasdam we can see "our" stateroom, we recieved lots of waves from the Captain especially at sail away time when he was on the bridge and we were out on the balcony.

@RMLincoln  thanks for your comment, the protocol seems to be a six monthly checkup.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Summer Solstice; I hope everyone enjoys this first full day of summer.  Pretty sure skateboarding is off the list of things to do for the day, and although I'd like to try yoga, I'm not sure I could get up off the floor once I got down.  LOL   Happy National Indigenous Peoples Day to all who are of indigenous ancestry; I'll be wearing my orange shirt today and just might bring out my Metis sash for good measure.

Although the calendar says June 21st, the sky doesn't look like it, nor does the temperature confirm that it is.  Right now we've got overcast skies, a cold wind, and a temperature of only +8 (46) with a predicted high of 14(57) - definitely a jeans and long sleeve t-shirt kind of day.  I thought it must have cooled off, as I recall both DH and I battling for the blankets during the night. 

Because it's so cool out, I think it's time to start up the oven and after heading out to the grocery store to pick up more rhubarb, will try @SusieKIslandGirl's pie recipe.  DH has coffee with his bandmates this afternoon and I'll continue sewing, whittling down my fabric stash.

@kazu I do hope Ivan is on the mend; he's so lucky to have you as his mom taking care of him.

@aliaschief I look at your beautiful photos and harken back to the days when HAL used to have barbecues on the deck - I wish they'd bring them back.

@marshhawk I'm surprised at the cost of your corn on the cob; right now the Safeway store has them for 69 cents each.

@Denise T what is your podcast about?

@Heartgrove the anniversary of our loved one's passing is always a difficult day; my heart goes out to you.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage; get onboard, sit back, relax, and recharge - you need it!

I'd like a glass of Christmas punch, but leave out the bourbon and vermouth - perhaps subbing in vodka instead.  I feel so well informed about the wine, but doubt I'll order it due to the cost.  I really like stuffed peppers, but we are carnivores and enjoy having ground beef in ours - I think on my grocery run today I'll pick up some peppers and keep the oven going to make stuffed peppers that will be served along with a tossed salad to be eaten at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those who are on the submersible (I can't imagine what they're going through).  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

The podcast is entitled Understanding Your Teen from the Inside Out. I am a certified parent coach. I am also a licensed professional counselor specializing in teens. 

• Like 7