Laundry question

zqtchas

5 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:I do hope Crystal starts sailing soon so we can talk about the cruises.....  🙂

I can’t wait to get onboard and savour the laundry rooms - I wonder if I can order room service delivery to my favourite laundry room? 

• Haha 3

I can’t wait to get onboard and savour the laundry rooms - I wonder if I can order room service delivery to my favourite laundry room? 

Ah the smell of laundry detergent in the morning 

My bags are unpacked and I’m cruising - my view from the St Lawrence seaway right now 

IMG_1244.thumb.jpeg.f2a2b3964cbe9a8eb3842ded7f9ac96e.jpeg

IMG_1247.thumb.jpeg.62af9f8589f6bd50bd5ccc6c4effad25.jpeg

IMG_1249.thumb.jpeg.de0f16f76485d5737de306bca0d8bcb1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Ah the smell of laundry detergent in the morning 

My bags are unpacked and I’m cruising - my view from the St Lawrence seaway right now 

IMG_1244.thumb.jpeg.f2a2b3964cbe9a8eb3842ded7f9ac96e.jpeg

IMG_1247.thumb.jpeg.62af9f8589f6bd50bd5ccc6c4effad25.jpeg

IMG_1249.thumb.jpeg.de0f16f76485d5737de306bca0d8bcb1.jpeg

And you can "thank" the wildfires in Northern Quebec for the lovely orange glow! We will be getting much the same effect in Toronto later in the week!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roland4 said:

And you can "thank" the wildfires in Northern Quebec for the lovely orange glow! We will be getting much the same effect in Toronto later in the week!

Does this mean you will have to wash clothes more often?

Just a reminder that the thread would never have gotten so long if not for some bringing up other lines providing inclusive laundry which is not what the original poster asked. The answer was provided in the first two responses.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am one of those cruisers that does not enjoy spending my time in the laundry room. We had to use the laundry during our World Cruise but for such long cruise was unavoidable.

Maybe the New Crystal could offer free laundry every seven days for those loyal guests, like Azamara does. 
Ivi

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Does this mean you will have to wash clothes more often?

Actually, yes if you are oiutside a lot. It was so bad while we were away three weeks ago that one of our patio tables was covered in a layer of "grit" that took a hose and scrubbing to get clean!😬

30 minutes ago, schmoodle said:

Since it was mentioned above, what happened to Crystal to put them in limbo? Is that old or new Crystal?

The owners, Genting, went into bankruptcy. Crystal was just part of the bankrupt enterprise. Actually Crystal itself went into something other than bankruptcy, but for most it's just semantics. The new owners (A&K) bought the 2 ocean ships, the name and the guest list. Other Crystal assets were sold to others. There are those here who will take every chance to bad mouth "Crystal", not accepting that the people running the old Crystal were under the thumb of Genting and couldn't have done a thing about what happened. They will show up to dispute what I have written in one...two...three🤪

Patty

P.S. Yes, I am aware this has nothing to do with laundry!

Edited by Texas Tillie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well I decided I’d better find out all about the experience of doing laundry and went to our laundry room today (one room with 4 washer/dryers per floor of cabins) and wow some lines do actually provide a couch for those who want to sit in the room watching their laundry do it’s thing - fancy that 

We had no trouble getting a machine at 10am - all 4 on our floor were available 

I wonder if NC will stump up for couches in there best in class (according to some) laundry rooms? 

IMG_1257.thumb.jpeg.0d69ba41d03313aab8da492d19fb12eb.jpeg

IMG_1258.thumb.jpeg.8feedcb4cd46cbb27940df3bc22ed212.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

not accepting that the people running the old Crystal were under the thumb of Genting and couldn't have done a thing about what happened. They will show up to dispute what I have written in one...two...three🤪

Good that you believe that to be the case but unproven and therefore disputable - so yes consider it disputed (sorry if took me so long)

The fact is that Crystal had many creditors that far exceeded their assets and cash on hand - some of those creditors had launched proceedings against Crystal to recover those debts - they couldn’t and joined the rest of the failed group. They were not sold as a going concern and left many creditors out of pocket to this day. Some of the assets, ocean ships and brand were purchased by Heritage/A&K 

Saying something on a forum without any real knowledge of the circumstances doesn’t make it true and correct  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Good that you believe that to be the case but unproven and therefore disputable - so yes consider it disputed (sorry if took me so long)

The fact is that Crystal had many creditors that far exceeded their assets and cash on hand - some of those creditors had launched proceedings against Crystal to recover those debts - they couldn’t and joined the rest of the failed group. They were not sold as a going concern and left many creditors out of pocket to this day. Some of the assets, ocean ships and brand were purchased by Heritage/A&K 

Saying something on a forum without any real knowledge of the circumstances doesn’t make it true and correct  

Many of us believe that the folks at Crystal had to have known what was going on and continued to take our money and our bookings.  To believe the execs at Crystal did not know what was happening as checks were bouncing all over the place and bills were not being paid is to say they were all ignorant and incompetent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bitob said:

Many of us believe that the folks at Crystal had to have known what was going on and continued to take our money and our bookings.  To believe the execs at Crystal did not know what was happening as checks were bouncing all over the place and bills were not being paid is to say they were all ignorant and incompetent.

I worked with financially troubled companies most of my employed life and many subs had no idea about the real financial issues with the parent company.  Doesn't make sub management incompetent.  There were contracts and bills paid by Genting handled a lot of what was included Crystal such as fuel bills etc.  I don't know the exact details but I'm sure there was a lot that Crystal management didn't know.  Even if they did what were they supposed to do - stop doing business to make sure all failed.

There have been many, many discussions about this - let's move on.  The NC is not the old Crystal and isn't responsible for what the old Crystal did or didn't do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

There's a guy called Jack Anderson who has taken a leave of absence.

Wasn't he there with OC amd came back for a brief moment with NC

20 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

There's a guy called Jack Anderson who has taken a leave of absence.

Wasn't he there with OC amd came back for a brief moment with NC

He knew nothing.

18 minutes ago, ctjon said:

I worked with financially troubled companies most of my employed life and many subs had no idea about the real financial issues with the parent company.  Doesn't make sub management incompetent.  There were contracts and bills paid by Genting handled a lot of what was included Crystal such as fuel bills etc.  I don't know the exact details but I'm sure there was a lot that Crystal management didn't know.  Even if they did what were they supposed to do - stop doing business to make sure all failed.

There have been many, many discussions about this - let's move on.  The NC is not the old Crystal and isn't responsible for what the old Crystal did or didn't do.

Someone asked the question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

The owners, Genting, went into bankruptcy. Crystal was just part of the bankrupt enterprise. Actually Crystal itself went into something other than bankruptcy, but for most it's just semantics. The new owners (A&K) bought the 2 ocean ships, the name and the guest list. Other Crystal assets were sold to others. There are those here who will take every chance to bad mouth "Crystal", not accepting that the people running the old Crystal were under the thumb of Genting and couldn't have done a thing about what happened. They will show up to dispute what I have written in one...two...three🤪

Patty

P.S. Yes, I am aware this has nothing to do with laundry!

Patty very well said.

Unfortunately there are things that Genting did that will never be told. I will be challenge on that but I do not give a rats xxx.  What they did in the USA would hopefully have been investigated by the DOJ but that was not possible.  

Genting milked Crystal including those of us who had money down with them. It is despicable.

Thankfully, Crystal is coming back with 80/% of the crew returning or as some say a lot-, many, most even though a few never would believe that. Just as a few can't accept what Genting did. So it goes.  Same people who said the ships were too old to be bought. That they were worth more as scrap. Well again they were wrong.

Can't wait to sail again on these ships and with the wonderful crew and many friends we have made over the years plus new people from this board and another board who we haven't yet sailed with.

Cheers.    

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Unfortunately there are things that Genting did that will never be told. I will be challenge on that but I do not give a rats xxx.  What they did in the USA would hopefully have been investigated by the DOJ but that was not possible.  

Genting milked Crystal including those of us who had money down with them. It is despicable.  

So let me check I have your statement or belief correct

It’s all Gentings fault and no one at old Crystal Cruises contributed to the failure?

Is that the same Genting who funded the launch and build/acquisition of the river fleet, the same one that funded the refurbishment to somewhat modernise the two ocean ships so they could remain competitive while other lines were launching new ships? Is it the same one who funded and built the Endeavor expedition ship hailed as the most expensive expedition ship ever built? All investments in Crystal to try and be successful and celebrated by many of their guests at the time 

Sure Genting stuffed up by acquiring a shipyard in Germany - but then along came Covid and shut down cruising - what debt did the big cruise companies Carnival, RCL and Norwegian take on to get through the crisis and they will have to recover from that for many years to come - would little old Crystal have been able to fund that period without parental support and resume sailing? (I very much doubt it) 

But yes go on and hold Genting responsible for the whole thing if that’s what satisfies your desire to maintain old Crystal could do no wrong…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

It’s all Gentings fault and no one at old Crystal Cruises contributed to the failure?

Is that the same Genting who funded the launch and build/acquisition of the river fleet, the same one that funded the refurbishment to somewhat modernise the two ocean ships so they could remain competitive while other lines were launching new ships? Is it the same one who funded and built the Endeavor expedition ship hailed as the most expensive expedition ship ever built? All investments in Crystal to try and be successful and celebrated by many of their guests at the time 

Sure Genting stuffed up by acquiring a shipyard in Germany - but then along came Covid and shut down cruising - what debt did the big cruise companies Carnival, RCL and Norwegian take on to get through the crisis and they will have to recover from that for many years to come - would little old Crystal have been able to fund that period without parental support and resume sailing? (I very much doubt it) 

But yes go on and hold Genting responsible for the whole thing if that’s what satisfies your desire to maintain old Crystal could do no wrong…

The delusion continues . . . .

10 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Is that the same Genting who funded the launch and build/acquisition of the river fleet, the same one that funded the refurbishment to somewhat modernise the two ocean ships so they could remain competitive while other lines were launching new ships? Is it the same one who funded and built the Endeavor expedition ship hailed as the most expensive expedition ship ever built? All investments in Crystal to try and be successful and celebrated by many of their guests at the time   And some of what they did is very questionable financially including saddling Crystal with Esprit.

To your questions Genting spent way too much money.  If you think that was to make Crystal great you are wrong. They went into too many things too quickly.  Remember the airplane. Remember the old ship? Remember Esprit? They owned Esprit.  Spent a fortune. But it was limited where it could sail.  They also came up with design after design for new ships and ended up wasting a lot of time and money with nothing.

Just investing a lot of money means nothing.  I was with a company that was bought by another company who has some similarities with Genting. They wasted a lot of money and made poor decisions and didn't listen.  And in the end they got what they deserved.  If Gentiing was USA based maybe they would have gotten what they deserved.

So it goes.

Back to the laundry.

4 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

To your questions Genting spent way too much money.  If you think that was to make Crystal great you are wrong. They went into too many things too quickly.  

Hmmm - I don’t recall you making any of those statements back when it was happening, I must have missed those posts…

I’ll let you get back to packing now - I think laundries have been beaten to death until we see what NC offer with their industry leading customer laundries 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 2