Voyager ship: Deck 2 Window or Deck 8 inside?

4 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

What do you think is better on Voyager of the Seas, oceanview window cabin on deck 2 ($150 less for the cabin price) or interior cabin on deck 8?

Personal preference.

I personally couldn't care less about having a window but I wouldn't want to be down on deck 2. I'd rather be somewhere in between the pool deck and promenade as I avoid the elevator whenever possible and prefer to be closer to higher decks for places I frequent so it would be deck 8 for me.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Lol I'd pick the window for $150 less. Its probably a bit bigger cabin and I like to see the weather when I wake up. For sure even if the same price I'd pick the window. The deck for me doesnt matter much, more walking is all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I'd pick the window for $150 less. Its probably a bit bigger cabin and I like to see the weather when I wake up. For sure even if the same price I'd pick the window. The deck for me doesnt matter much, more walking is all.

Same here 

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Inside on deck 8... I'd hate being down on deck 2.

The cabin configuration and size will be the same minus the window.

I looked it on on voyager specifically and both inside and ov are 160 sf. Both have some larger configurations but the basic on both is 160 sf. 

I'd still rather a window than not.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

52 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Same here 

I third the vote.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Florida_cruisers said:

What do you think is better on Voyager of the Seas, oceanview window cabin on deck 2 ($150 less for the cabin price) or interior cabin on deck 8?

Be careful deck 2 can be very noisy with the waves hitting the hull! Didn't like it at all!

29 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

I waited too long and now the window cabin on the lower deck is gone. 

What about an inside promenade cabin? Prices for these cabins are sometimes reasonable. Deck 6, 7, and 8 with large bay windows overlooking the promenade.

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

What about an inside promenade cabin? Prices for these cabins are sometimes reasonable. Deck 6, 7, and 8 with large bay windows overlooking the promenade.

I wouldn't like that at all. I prefer an ocean view when cruising as opposed to a view of a shopping mall.

13 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

OOOh, I would love that!

I'm quite sure you have no idea what you are talking about or how  annoying it is!

Not a wave sound at all - but a hammer hitting metal with screeching in between, we thought it was an untied rope or metal chain hitting the hull - but were told it is the waves hitting the hull when the ship dives into them...all night long🙄🥴

Never deck 2 again for us!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

19 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I'm quite sure you have no idea what you are talking about or how  annoying it is!

Ummmm, after 24 years in the U.S. Navy, most of those years at sea; followed by 25+ years of civilian cruising, I think I know what I'm talking about.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not a wave sound at all - but a hammer hitting metal with screeching in between, we thought it was an untied rope or metal chain hitting the hull - but were told it is the waves hitting the hull when the ship dives into them...all night long🙄🥴

Never deck 2 again for us!

If you heard that I'd say your cabin was also far forward. If your cabin was mid to aft you dont hear that sound.  That's a sound of being far forward. Not just deck 2.

We were on deck 8 with promenade view.  Much prefer that to a window on any deck, but we have only done it twice on RCI.  We have no problem with a inside cabin on deck 2 if the prom view isn't available.

On 7/8/2023 at 4:02 PM, bonsai3s said:

Those cabins are good for people watching. I have never stayed in one but I have heard from others that they can be quite noisy from activities on the Promenade.

Had an inside twice…claustrophobic for me!!  (once on an upper deck when my son took me along and once on deck 2 with spouse)

Prefer any window anywhere (tho a balcony will spoil you!)

Had to accept the deck 2 cabin and found it quite noisy for reasons not truly identified.  (“had to accept “ because our TA didn’t follow up with final pmt and could only get the deck2 inside to get us rebooked!   Book myself ever since!)

32 minutes ago, roupa said:

our TA didn’t follow up with final pmt and could only get the deck2 inside to get us rebooked!   Book myself ever since!

Get a good TA. Don't let one bad experience keep you from the perks and excellent service that's out there!