Oh ship! It's my birthday!! A Summit Birthday Cruise LIVE Review!! 7/16-23 sailing!

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

IMG_5830.thumb.jpeg.a12e2d8f5378fa34a57ffdbc647542be.jpeg

When you put 1 person and 2 bags (backpacks don’t count if they stay with you) when you reserved and paid for the car service - but somehow it got changed to 3 and 3, you end up with a huge Navigator SUV!

Heading to the port now!

The Navigator is for The Celebrity that you are!!!

bon voyage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On board!! Stuff dropped in my cabin (1141)

IMG_5832.thumb.jpeg.e40177642cb7aa933dc59af7f4f9415a.jpeg

IMG_5833.thumb.jpeg.73f37a7e31da4f41e983935e0ea8b92f.jpeg

I’m going to have to ask my stateroom host the magic of the balcony door - the handle does not seem to want to go up.

Wandered a little and found Blu - they are opening at 5 the girl

out front said.

Headed to the OVC and am having Indian with a side of salad.

IMG_5834.thumb.jpeg.363175aa6e5f7c7acb4152fc538d5850.jpeg

And my first drink of the cruise is…

IMG_5835.thumb.jpeg.c88ac1cd88ecf98e3c87dc3d85d7c83c.jpeg

A Teremana Greyhound!

Skies are looking super ominous! 

IMG_5836.thumb.jpeg.f68c56871734c34b95ea497894166acb.jpeg

But I am on board!! Yay!!

• Like 15

On 7/13/2023 at 1:18 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

This was my one day with nothing planned, so I decided to use Culture Pass - which gives free admission for 1 or 2 people to a variety of museums, etc. with a NYC Public Library or Brooklyn Public Library card - and honor my Grandaddy who would have been 109 today (he died 16 years ago after a long life) who served on a destroyer in the Pacific Theater during WWII by visiting the Intrepid. (Yes, it was a carrier, but still)

Here is a picture of the Lego model of the ship

IMG_5800.thumb.jpeg.0ea67164c8ffa3c626c0c5aad267ad98.jpeg

And my favorite part is the Space Shuttle Enterprise!!

IMG_5805.thumb.jpeg.363ecb658628fa7a79ca9b9376a0b364.jpeg

Only 3 more days!!

The Intrepid Rocks ! So glad you got to see it. Your Grandfather and his generation truly did save the Freedom we all enjoy to this day . 👍🇺🇸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hope your trip is as great as ours was.  We just got off this morning. Our first cruise since the pandemic and I have to say, it was just about the best cruise we have ever taken.  Great crew, food was really good, StarLink worked well, the ship is is great shape, lots of good entertainment and we were blessed with great weather for 7 days, as long as you don't mind the humidity....Happy Birthday to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Of course on a totally rainy day I get a helipad invite. Oh well.

So wrap up, use the umbrella in your cabin and go.  We got one for the Bermuda departure but not for the outbound when they did a full circle for The Lady.  Keep in mind if the weather is that bad they may scrub the invite so the Sunset Bar and the lounge area on Deck 12 above the bar are nice spots too.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

So wrap up, use the umbrella in your cabin and go.  We got one for the Bermuda departure but not for the outbound when they did a full circle for The Lady.  Keep in mind if the weather is that bad they may scrub the invite so the Sunset Bar and the lounge area on Deck 12 above the bar are nice spots too.

yeah, it says weather permitting. I don’t think weather will permit. It is still raining.

Love those aft cabins on the M-class.  I was on deck 7 for my Summit cruise in May.  Enjoy! Be careful I got a wicked sunburn sitting on my deck while we were docked in Bermuda - I didn't think the sun was that hot in May!

• Thanks 1

We were in that cabin in 2019 and the door was a problem then.  Be careful when you go on the balcony to leave a cloth in the door so that it doesn’t close completely.

We got locked on the balcony twice, fortunately the folks in the next cabin were on their balcony and got the cabin attendant to rescue us.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were in that cabin in 2019 and the door was a problem then.  Be careful when you go on the balcony to leave a cloth in the door so that it doesn’t close completely.

We got locked on the balcony twice, fortunately the folks in the next cabin were on their balcony and got the cabin attendant to rescue us.

Thank you! Good to know!! I figured it out (I thought the diagram was saying all the way up.) I’ll definitely remember to not close it all the way!!

I had done my homework and was set, so I took advantage of the “book onboard the first day and get a bottle of wine” (and be entered into a raffle for OBC or other things) and booked next year’s trip…

The ABCs on the Beyond on July 27!! Also took advantage of that one having the sweet low solo supplement on Sunset Verandas (and some others) so I got a Sunset for less than a solo IV!!! (The sailing over my birthday was, of course, NOT included in that sale. Go figure.)

Still not sure the weather will let the helipad happen, but I put on my close-toed shoes just in case.

It’s a full sailing so the no upgrades sign was up - not that I wanted to upgrade. Saw it when I went to see if I could cancel the food and wine pairing I got put in since the World Wine Tour I had booked is not happening. Since I am allergic to wheat and peanuts and do not eat fish, it was not appealing to me. The officer at Guest Services sent food and beverage an email explaining and asking for a refund - he said he would let me know. Kinda bummed since I had seen great reviews of the WWT on here - but if that is the only bump in the trip, that is minor.

• Like 4

Enjoy the cruise. We are in the same cabin at the end of this month. Good to know about the door. I was planning to spend sail away on our balcony (even if we get a helipad invite), since I'm sure the views will be amazing. I wonder if there will be an acoustic guitar player at the sunset bar there. There has been in the past. Of course I suppose if it's raining that option would be out too. A nice spot might be the lounge at the very top of the ship. That's where we usually enjoy our sail away. Enjoy Blu. I'm looking forward to trying it out for the first time. I'm spoiled by the food on Oceania now that I've tried it once, but I bet the food in Blu is excellent as well.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise, following from over the pond where seeing the Statue of Liberty was a big wow for us!

Oh I get it! It was when I first moved here. 6 or 7 friends on the Staten Island Ferry - and one taco boat cruise - later not so much. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh I get it! It was when I first moved here. 6 or 7 friends on the Staten Island Ferry - and one taco boat cruise - later not so much. 🤣🤣

All relative…Following your journey, enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

Eagerly following along for multiple reasons. 

1.  As a special Ed teacher you are a rockstar!! 

2.  I'm going to Bermuda on the Summit on July 30th and you are going to tide me over while I impatiently wait. 

3.  I think we share a birthday.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Helipad is cancelled as I expected. No biggie. Since I live here the Statue of Liberty isn’t that much of a wow factor anymore.

I hope there will be another opportunity to reschedule a helipad sail away that you’re invited to 👍🍀🚢

• Like 1

@WrittenOnYourHeart We lived in NJ for 7 years but sailing past the Statue of Liberty was a treat. I was a special ed teacher and have 3 cats. Seems like we have a few things in common.  We sailed to Bermuda on our 1st cruise and did 2 or 3 more. Really liked it when they docked in Hamilton and Saint Georges. Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dream_Out_Loud said:

Eagerly following along for multiple reasons. 

1.  As a special Ed teacher you are a rockstar!! 

2.  I'm going to Bermuda on the Summit on July 30th and you are going to tide me over while I impatiently wait. 

3.  I think we share a birthday.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute.

My daughter 27 year old daughter and I are on the same sailing (mother/daughter cruise)! Join the roll call if you so wish!

• Like 1