Oh ship! It's my birthday!! A Summit Birthday Cruise LIVE Review!! 7/16-23 sailing!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

WrittenOnYourHeart was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Now that the final pre-trip laundry has been done...let's get this party started!!

Hi! I'm Beth!

338743286_230429862854062_783134438195959887_n.jpg.46d2bdf206193cac1f6794a1b27acfc3.jpg

I'm a Special Education teacher in NYC who loves traveling! My birthday is next week, and I decided what better way to celebrate than on a cruise!! I'll be on the Summit to Bermuda - first times for both of those.

This will be my second Celebrity cruise - the first was on the Edge in Feb 2020 - and 16th cruise overall (1 Emerald Seas, 1 HAL, 3 Royal Caribbean, 2 fathom, 1 Celebrity (not counting this one), and 7 Disney) and the first time I'm able to simply take a car service to the port! Going out of Bayonne, NJ!

My TA warned me about the dangers of that - not having to worry about checking a bag on an airplane, and it's true so I'm using a bigger suitcase than normal. LOL.

My fur baby Merida

358100655_10160416787336321_6401498441598442082_n.jpg.67ceb38c2d58e9294755dadf17d31050.jpg

will be at home and her pet sitter will come in to check on her. And yes, being a typical cat, she has hopped in the suitcase more than once!

Having a kinda busy week leading into the trip - Shania Twain concert tonight; blood donation tomorrow; Jazz Nite at my church tomorrow night; movie day on Friday; Mammogram on Saturday followed by a roots touch-up - so laundry today finished up a couple of shirts I'm taking and other than last-minute stuff and shoes I'll wear tonight or tomorrow, packing is DONE!

I'm in Aqua Class - cabin 1141! First time Aqua and first time with a wake view (and first time in Blu - YAY!)!! Super excited about that!! I'm doing 3 ship-based excursions: Famous Homes and Hideaway Cruise; White Night Catamaran Sunset Sail (on my birthday!!); Devil's Isle Cruise and Beach Snorkel. I'm also doing Captain Kirk's Glass Bottom Boat and Snorkel trip during the day on my birthday that I booked independently.

I've upgraded to the premium internet, so hopefully I'll be able to keep this one going live. 😄 I've only done one other one when I was on the Edge, so hopefully I'm doing it right!

5 more days!!!!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

• WrittenOnYourHeart changed the title to Oh ship! It's my birthday!! A Summit Birthday Cruise LIVE Review!! 7/16-23 sailing!

I loved Bermuda when I went inSummer of 2021 on a cruise. I had a great time on the excursion “famous homes and hideaways. It is a boat cruise with a great on board guy doing the narration. You also get s rum drink . Ok
jJust want to say that Special  Ed teachers are all heroes in my book . 
have a great birthday cruise and  look forward to your trip report 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday cruise! We were on the Summit in October 2022 out of Boston and loved it. 

As a retired educator (40 years), I have to agree with with Azulann. While all teachers are heroes in my book, Special Ed teachers are extra special.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You are in a great cabin.   We have been in 1140 many times.   There is a door at the end of the hallway that opens to an outside stairs that goes up to the rooftop terrace and also down to the Sunset Bar and also the buffet.   It is great to use.   We would get our drinks and lounge on the balcony.   There were 2 chairs and 2 loungers on the balcony. 

I would suggest getting about 10 towels from the pool deck to use in your cabin.   The shower door tends to leak.   We used the towels to soak up the water.

We also used the towels to soften up the chairs and loungers. 

Cellar Masters was one of my favorite bars.  They had a great selection of the premium liquors.  It is also the bar that makes the drinks for Sushi on 5.   If you get on friendly terms with the BT he may make you some of those drinks.   I like the bar because it was an easy to walk down the steps for a drink with better spirits and during the day rather quite

Happy birthday and many more 🎂

Edited by miched
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday Beth! I have sailed on the Summit 11 times over the years and will be on her again in September. They did a great job refurbishing her a few years back and the crew has always been spectacular! She doesn’t have the wow factor of the Edge or Beyond, but does provide a great intimate cruising atmosphere . I always sail Aqua Class on this ship because the Blu Restaurant on this ship is one of the best. The Retreat experience on this ship is lacking IMHO compared to the Edge Class Retreat experience. Bermuda is also one of my favorite destinations so you are in for a great Birthday! Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Happy Birthday!  I remember when you booked this cruise back in December:

My TA said she thinks this is a record for me not changing something - 7 months and 2 days from booking to boarding. Only slight change was bumping up to my AQ cabin from a Veranda. 😜

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Now that the final pre-trip laundry has been done...let's get this party started!!

Hi! I'm Beth!

338743286_230429862854062_783134438195959887_n.jpg.46d2bdf206193cac1f6794a1b27acfc3.jpg

I'm a Special Education teacher in NYC who loves traveling! My birthday is next week, and I decided what better way to celebrate than on a cruise!! I'll be on the Summit to Bermuda - first times for both of those.

This will be my second Celebrity cruise - the first was on the Edge in Feb 2020 - and 16th cruise overall (1 Emerald Seas, 1 HAL, 3 Royal Caribbean, 2 fathom, 1 Celebrity (not counting this one), and 7 Disney) and the first time I'm able to simply take a car service to the port! Going out of Bayonne, NJ!

My TA warned me about the dangers of that - not having to worry about checking a bag on an airplane, and it's true so I'm using a bigger suitcase than normal. LOL.

My fur baby Merida

358100655_10160416787336321_6401498441598442082_n.jpg.67ceb38c2d58e9294755dadf17d31050.jpg

will be at home and her pet sitter will come in to check on her. And yes, being a typical cat, she has hopped in the suitcase more than once!

Having a kinda busy week leading into the trip - Shania Twain concert tonight; blood donation tomorrow; Jazz Nite at my church tomorrow night; movie day on Friday; Mammogram on Saturday followed by a roots touch-up - so laundry today finished up a couple of shirts I'm taking and other than last-minute stuff and shoes I'll wear tonight or tomorrow, packing is DONE!

I'm in Aqua Class - cabin 1141! First time Aqua and first time with a wake view (and first time in Blu - YAY!)!! Super excited about that!! I'm doing 3 ship-based excursions: Famous Homes and Hideaway Cruise; White Night Catamaran Sunset Sail (on my birthday!!); Devil's Isle Cruise and Beach Snorkel. I'm also doing Captain Kirk's Glass Bottom Boat and Snorkel trip during the day on my birthday that I booked independently.

I've upgraded to the premium internet, so hopefully I'll be able to keep this one going live. 😄 I've only done one other one when I was on the Edge, so hopefully I'm doing it right!

5 more days!!!!

Perfect choices all the way! Love the Summit, we will be on her for the 5th time when she does her repositioning cruise to Miami. Those aft Aqua cabins are the BEST! and you simply can’t go wrong with Bermuda. Special Ed teachers are miraculous says this retired first grade teacher. Have a wonderful birthday and cruise. I will be following!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miched said:

You are in a great cabin.   We have been in 1140 many times.   There is a door at the end of the hallway that opens to an outside stairs that goes up to the rooftop terrace and also down to the Sunset Bar and also the buffet.   It is great to use.   We would get our drinks and lounge on the balcony.   There were 2 chairs and 2 loungers on the balcony. 

I would suggest getting about 10 towels from the pool deck to use in your cabin.   The shower door tends to leak.   We used the towels to soak up the water.

Cellar Masters was one of my favorite bars.  They had a great selection of the premium liquors.  It is also the bar that makes the drinks for Sushi on 5.   If you get on friendly terms with the BT he may make you some of those drinks.   I like the bar because it was an easy to walk down the steps for a drink with better spirits and during the day rather quite

35 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

My TA said she thinks this is a record for me not changing something - 7 months and 2 days from booking to boarding. Only slight change was bumping up to my AQ cabin from a Veranda. 😜

1 hour ago, miched said:

agree. The Aft is awesome.  we were in 1132 and as miched said, go out the exit doors and you are at Sunset Bar or you can cut across the deck, and go where you want without going through ship

You are under the outdoor theatre so easy to go up to

Happy for you

• Like 1