Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Half and half does not exist anywhere apart from the USA.

In the rest of the world people put milk in their coffee. 

I had never heard of it: assumed it was half normal milk, half skimmed milk… but then I put it in my tea 🤢 

Half and half's equivalent exists in other places, it is typically equal to (or very closely equal to) single cream or light cream elsewhere.  I typically use milk in my tea and half and half in my coffee 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Oh sounds nasty and also pretty bad for you if having it regularly!

My husband does sometimes like cream in his coffee if we have some left from baking but its actual real single cream from the fridge

Most people using it in their coffee ony use a tablespoon or so, not a large portion.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Candyforthecrew is now archived and as such has achieved classic status, but since posting is closed, I wanted to mention that my suggestion to tip with door magnets was a joke. 

My post about tipping in Half-and-half was also a joke.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

. I do have a few expectations besides just finding a ship at the other end of the gangway.

I'm getting the impression that there are a large percentage of people that will eat nothing but stale bread & drink warm water for an entire week and will "just be happy to be on a cruise ship".

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Candyforthecrew is now archived and as such has achieved classic status, but since posting is closed, I wanted to mention that my suggestion to tip with door magnets was a joke. 

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My post about tipping in Half-and-half was also a joke.

It is a little sad when you have to specify that such comments are a joke in order to ward off the attacks.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I'm getting the impression that there are a large percentage of people that will eat nothing but stale bread & drink warm water for an entire week and will "just be happy to be on a cruise ship".

Hopefully, the cruise lines don't figure that out.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is a little sad when you have to specify that such comments are a joke in order to ward off the attacks.

Have to fend off the attacks with towel clips, ducks, and chocolate bars. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was when I saw the subsequent post, 'magnets don't pay the rent either'. I was laughing and embarrassed at the same time. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

The rates will stay as long as people will pay.  If people stop cruising, they'll drop rates to fill the ship (or try to add "value").  No different than any other product on the market.  

People will not stop paying. People will not stop cruising. I understand supply and demand just fine without an idiot's guide. I also understand delusional wishful thinking. Cruising is becoming more main stream. The big ships with slides etc are being pushed by cruise lines to compete with theme parks etc. And it's 100% working. The ship has sailed. It's not going back to old levels of demand and pricing.

8 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

The ship has sailed. It's not going back to old levels of demand and pricing.

Until another virus rears its head... 

I hope RCI keeps the V/F class ships around for a long long time. They may end up being the salvation for some of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anton said:

And be careful not to get impaled by the massive diamond and gold logo anchor on a chain* he’s been wearing.  

*$39,000 and soon to be available for sale on all ships. 

I saw that posted on another site. And I saw a photo of what appears to be a passenger wearing one. At first I thought it was a joke, and the jewelry was fake. But did someone pay $39,000 to advertise Royal Caribbean?

sorry  to go off topic. 

m

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Exactly - very fattening and unhealthy ! 

Cream in coffee always reminds me of the 1970s/80s when you were served it when you went out to dinner - a real luxury and a treat to a child! 

65% of milk sold here is skimmed. 

I was just about to post the same,  Berni Inns in the 70s with their floater coffees. The height of sophistication 😁

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Have to fend off the attacks with towel clips, ducks, and chocolate bars. 

There is probably an elaborate barter system in the crew quarters. Don't forget all the leftover amenity beverages.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Until another virus rears its head... 

That won't change what has happened. People here think cruising will eventually go back to being a vacation secret. A deal with food and entertainment included in the price. A niche market will eventually return when the current fad runs its course. The cruise lines didn't build these new mega ships to go backwards. And more and more people are discovering this option for their holidays. This is it folks. Cats out of the bag. Cruising is an option when people start to plan their next vacation. It's becoming a travel norm. 

2 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

That won't change what has happened. People here think cruising will eventually go back to being a vacation secret. A deal with food and entertainment included in the price. A niche market will eventually return when the current fad runs its course. The cruise lines didn't build these new mega ships to go backwards. And more and more people are discovering this option for their holidays. This is it folks. Cats out of the bag. Cruising is an option when people start to plan their next vacation. It's becoming a travel norm. 

... For now, stay tuned

Cheers

• Like 1

This thread has been enjoyable but I wanted to add my two cents before it gets locked down.

I drink coffee and use whatever dairy or non-dairy product available. any kind of milk whether it's low-fat or not, plant milk, half-and-half, cream, ice cream, whipped cream, whatever to lighten the coffee.  I'm not picky. Nor do I think there is some vast conspiracy by Royal to defraud, lie or otherwise cheat their customers by substituting an inferior product

Having said all that, there are a few basic things that any resort anywhere in the world whether on land or sea should get right.   Turn on hot water and you get hot water. Order decaf coffee and you get decaf coffee. When ordering chicken for dinner, you don't expect to get pork because it's "the other white meat".  You kind of expect the container marked half-and-half to have half-and-half. After all, they are in the hospitality business of pleasing their guests.

Again, I have no idea if this is part of Royals Evil Master Plan to become more profitable or (more likely) they simply ran out of half-and-half and a crew member got tired of fielding 400 requests of "Do you have half-and-half" and filled the container with milk.

I personally wouldn't stop cruising or switch lines because of it since I don't care what I put in my coffee but I wouldn't crucify a person for mentioning it on social media to warn others either.  Sure, they should've asked a crew member for it and maybe make a note of it next time they get a survey.   But no harm in spreading the word either.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

... For now, stay tuned

Cheers

They can't afford to go back. Did any other travel or vacation product ever go back down in volume over the years and decades? No. Demand will never go down. More come away saying we have to do this again, then don't. It's all gone mainstream now. No going back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RyderJ201 said:

They can't afford to go back. Did any other travel or vacation product ever go back down in volume over the years and decades? No. Demand will never go down. More come away saying we have to do this again, then don't. It's all gone mainstream now. No going back.

I believe you missed what my comment was referring to . 

You stated cruising is a deal with food and entertainment included in price .

To which I say again "For now , stay tuned "

We'll have to wait and see where future changes lead 

Cheers

19 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

This thread has been enjoyable but I wanted to add my two cents before it gets locked down.

I drink coffee and use whatever dairy or non-dairy product available. any kind of milk whether it's low-fat or not, plant milk, half-and-half, cream, ice cream, whipped cream, whatever to lighten the coffee.  I'm not picky. Nor do I think there is some vast conspiracy by Royal to defraud, lie or otherwise cheat their customers by substituting an inferior product

Having said all that, there are a few basic things that any resort anywhere in the world whether on land or sea should get right.   Turn on hot water and you get hot water. Order decaf coffee and you get decaf coffee. When ordering chicken for dinner, you don't expect to get pork because it's "the other white meat".  You kind of expect the container marked half-and-half to have half-and-half. After all, they are in the hospitality business of pleasing their guests.

Again, I have no idea if this is part of Royals Evil Master Plan to become more profitable or (more likely) they simply ran out of half-and-half and a crew member got tired of fielding 400 requests of "Do you have half-and-half" and filled the container with milk.

I personally wouldn't stop cruising or switch lines because of it since I don't care what I put in my coffee but I wouldn't crucify a person for mentioning it on social media to warn others either.  Sure, they should've asked a crew member for it and maybe make a note of it next time they get a survey.   But no harm in spreading the word either.

There always has to be someone who feels the need to write a polite and rational post.🙄😉😁😇

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I believe you missed what my comment was referring to . 

You stated cruising is a deal with food and entertainment included in price .

To which I say again "For now , stay tuned "

We'll have to wait and see where future changes lead 

Cheers

Ah, OK. Got it.

I was looking for Catsup the other day, but they only had Ketchup.... /snicker

Ok - so I think one thing here is that OP's should word the title of their posts with a little more thought. You start throwing in words like "lie" and you're going to get the Royalists in here to defend against those claims. 

I see that the most heated topics are from people who are (maybe innocently) trolling.

So it sounds like this Subject is more accurate = "Half & Half Issue on Allure Pres Cruise" -- It had nothing to do with proven 'lies' - I would have thought, based on the subject, that there was some interaction with someone employed by Royal and caught them in a true  'lie'.

I'm a Royalist, and yeah I like to see what people think of Royal when they accuse them of lying and shady stuff. They've been upfront with their cost cutting changes. As much as I don't like those changes, I still cruise with Royal because the overall experience change has been minimal (the housekeeping change is kind of annoying though). Have people started to forget that the cruise lines had no revenue for 16-18 months? 

Also - grass isn't always greener on the other side. I think most major market US based cruise lines have gone to once-daily housekeeping, revised menus or policies in the dining room, and astronomical pricing for addons like Drinks or Excursions.