Want to change my cruise, was told I lose my obc (booked a future cruise on board)

frenchmeg

Hi,

I booked a cruise on board a few months ago, came back, my travel agent took it over (she is no longer with the agency, retired), and I want to change my cruise, new travel agent told me I lose all my obc (that I was given for booking on board) does this make sense, no fun!  

thanks everybody, am sure I am not the first asking..

7 minutes ago, frenchmeg said:

Hi,

I booked a cruise on board a few months ago, came back, my travel agent took it over (she is no longer with the agency, retired), and I want to change my cruise, new travel agent told me I lose all my obc (that I was given for booking on board) does this make sense, no fun!  

When you say change your cruise do you mean cancel the cruise? 

• Thanks 1

AFAIK for an on board booking you can change your choice of cruise one time without losing the on board booking benefits. In fact we did exactly that for  2025 Antarctic cruise. Initially booked to do the cruise in January, but when Brazil announced they were going back to their nasty long process of requiring US citizens to acquire a Visa, we moved to the February itinerary which avoids Brazil.

• Like 2

I also have moved many onboard bookings and never lose the onboard booking OBC.  It does sometimes get dropped when they remove all the other promotions but is easily restored.

It does of course get adjusted to the amount appropriate for the new sailing length and category.

The TA does have to call to make the change.  They can't cancel and rebook as you have to retain the same booking number.

The Celebrity Invoice will have Onboard Booking at the top.

image.thumb.png.40960fc053c1c36d41b4c645242d7c84.png

They just need to add back the appropriate promo.

image.png.e8116f0aaa1d1ba9a292581caaf7937d.png

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I also have moved many onboard bookings and never lose the onboard booking OBC.  It does sometimes get dropped when they remove all the other promotions but is easily restored.

It does of course get adjusted to the amount appropriate for the new sailing length and category.

The TA does have to call to make the change.  They can't cancel and rebook as you have to retain the same booking number.

The Celebrity Invoice will have Onboard Booking at the top.

image.thumb.png.40960fc053c1c36d41b4c645242d7c84.png

They just need to add back the appropriate promo.

image.png.e8116f0aaa1d1ba9a292581caaf7937d.png

Hello,

I don't think you are correct about the OBC being adjusted to reflect the new cruise length, unless I am special.

Over the last two years I have changed three BoB cruises to shorter ones and the OBC stayed the same.

I presume the corollary is that if I changed them to longer ones then the OBC would not go up.

Regards,

Cublet

7 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

Hi,

I have moved the same reservation that was booked on board several times and the OBC for booking on board has remained the same.  However, the additional  perks and price have changed to reflect what is being offered at the time of the change.  These changes must be done via phone and your agent cannot cancel your original booking.

6 hours ago, edgee said:

AFAIK for an on board booking you can change your choice of cruise one time without losing the on board booking benefits. In fact we did exactly that for  2025 Antarctic cruise. Initially booked to do the cruise in January, but when Brazil announced they were going back to their nasty long process of requiring US citizens to acquire a Visa, we moved to the February itinerary which avoids Brazil.

We just booked the Jan 3, 2025 Princess cruise from Buenos Aires to Ft Lauderdale with 3 stops in Brazil and had not heard this nor can I find anywhere it says that. Would it be possible for you to post a link to where you read this? 

Here is what I’m seeing. 

IMG_2196.thumb.jpeg.5d2d61ada046dbaf169d09d1d68e692b.jpeg

https://www.worldtravelguide.net/guides/south-america/brazil/passport-visa/

BTW I apologizing for posting my Brazil Visa question. It just caught me by surprise and really don’t want to deal with their old in-depth process either. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just booked the Jan 3, 2025 Princess cruise from Buenos Aires to Ft Lauderdale with 3 stops in Brazil and had not heard this nor can I find anywhere it says that. Would it be possible for you to post a link to where you read this? 

Here is what I’m seeing. 

BTW I apologizing for posting my Brazil Visa question. It just caught me by surprise and really don’t want to deal with their old in-depth process either. 

A quick Google shows loads of news stories announcing this 

https://apnews.com/article/brazil-us-tourism-visas-lula-bolsonaro-e206025994b64fa5695484b99a807971

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't think you are correct about the OBC being adjusted to reflect the new cruise length, unless I am special.

Over the last two years I have changed three BoB cruises to shorter ones and the OBC stayed the same.

I presume the corollary is that if I changed them to longer ones then the OBC would not go up.

Regards,

Cublet

The OBC is dependant on the length of the cruise and the type of stateroom. There is a range of days so maybe that's why you saw the same amount of OBC when you changed the sailing.

I booked a cruise on board for the reduced deposit and the OBC. Later I changed class of cabin from Sky suite to premium concierge and the OBC was removed. My TA is trying to get the OBC back, adjusted for change in cabin. This has been going on for weeks. Is there anything I can do to move this along?  I know I should NOT lose the OBC for just changing cabin type. 

Hello,

Is it possible that you had two different OBCs - one for BoB and another (general) OBC on offer at the time for suites? The former you should keep and the latter I can understand you losing but X could have messed it up by looking at them as one.

Regards,

Cublet

39 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The OBC is dependant on the length of the cruise and the type of stateroom. There is a range of days so maybe that's why you saw the same amount of OBC when you changed the sailing.

Hello,

Yes I know it's all to do with cabin type and length of cruise: My cabin stayed as Balcony but the cruise reduced from 12 to 7 nights. That's the point that I am making - the OBC stays as the same amount as on the original booking.

Regards,

Cublet

cublet, you are correct. I had 2 OBCs: one for suites and one for booking on board.  I can see how when the suite OBC was removed, the on-board OBC went with it Thanks for the insight. I don't know if that helps but it does make some sense. We still deserve to get the OBC for booking on board. Hope to get this resolved before sailing in April 2024!!

I am trying to reprice a on board booking.  In a Suite and originally had $800 OBC for suite and $200 OBC for Booking on board.  $ 1000 total

Currently the price of the suite has dropped by $213 and Celebrity is offering $800 normal Retreat OBC and $200 OBC for NRD Overlay.  Total $1000. 

My thinking,  ideal case I get the lower price and an additional $200 OBC.  

NO, TA says I lose the $200 onboard booking OBC and don’t get the $200 NRD overlay OBC.So $800 OBC

I would be happy with the price and $1000. 
This isn’t making sense to me.

I don't use a TA but have a dedicated Celebrity vacation planner who we've used for years and has always been very helpful.  We recently inquired about changing our onboard booking to the same itinerary on a different date.  My CVP confirmed that any change would be considered a cancelation and re-booking, and we would loose the OBC.  I believe that it has to do with the fact that we are dealing with non-refundable booking vs refundable...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

Hi,

Yes, we had the same issue, you will loose all of your perks from the previous booking as well as costing $100pp to make any changes.  I was bummed too.

I can understand if you want to book a different cruise date that you might lose that on board booking OBC, as that is a different cruise. However, I don't understand why anyone would lose it because the price changed or you made a cabin change. We are still on the same cruise that we originally booked. 

10 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

On occasion the Celebrity rep who actually changes the booking doesn't understand and doesn't updated it properly.   I have had this on occasion (I only complain when it should be increased!).

Here is the chart.

image.thumb.png.7a2feaeb626f9a63a8cc031a1e273347.png

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Yes I know it's all to do with cabin type and length of cruise: My cabin stayed as Balcony but the cruise reduced from 12 to 7 nights. That's the point that I am making - the OBC stays as the same amount as on the original booking.

Regards,

Cublet

It's not supposed to.   What is the promo listed on your Guest invoice?   But I wouldn't complain.

But I don't have a clue what the Celebrity corporate office is doing to the business now.

Edited by wrk2cruise

8 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here is what I’m seeing. 

As others commented, the requirement begins in October. However, seems it may be some sort of e visa without the cumbersome processes of old.

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

As others commented, the requirement begins in October. However, seems it may be some sort of e visa without the cumbersome processes of old.

When we were there in April our guide said it was to go into effect in Oct.      We were at Iguazu falls and went back and forth between Argentina and Brazil.    I read somewhere it will be around $40 or more if you use one of the visa services.