Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

19 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

My old Plus from 2022 is showing on cruise personalizer as having new benefits for 2024.  No upgrade charge.  YMMV.

where do you see that in your personalizer i just checked ours and it doesnt show the new benefits?

• Like 1

Just now, TCTXCruiser said:

Does anyone know how Crab Shack fits in with this new dining model?  Is it still a standalone charge regardless of package? I did a search here and didn't see anything on it, but apologies if it was already covered. 

Crab Shack and Planks are for-fee casual dining venues.  They remain as such.  Plus guests can go there up to 2x free per voyage (2X for all for-fee casual dining combined).  Premier guests can go for free unlimited times.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 7:52 AM, Steelers36 said:

Standard Fare guests are going to be reaching into their pockets more in order to subsidize the things the Plus & Premier get for free.  Things we all used to get for free.

This is where I start scratching my head.  Based on the announcements posted in this thread, what additional charges will apply (excluding speculation about what might be coming)? 

22 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

My old Plus from 2022 is showing on cruise personalizer as having new benefits for 2024.  No upgrade charge.  YMMV.

I have the old PLUS-50.  My cruise personalizer shows what you see in yours (everything included and no upgrade to PLUS-60 button) but going into Travel Summary I see no indication that I'm getting the new perks, which leads me to believe I'm not.  Before this change my cruise personalizer explicitly showed that I was not eligible for desserts nor fitness classes and I'm not sure why PCL changed this - it confuses people at first glance.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, villauk said:

@Anubi If you booked it under the old Plus 50 i.e. prior to Dec 22, then yes according to the Princess Webinar.

I just checked my Travel Summary and we're good.  But, I'm curious that it includes the cost of mailing the Medallion.  We live in Canada, they don't mail them here.  Has that changed as well?  @villauk that's not directed to you.  🙂 

Edited by Anubi

18 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

Mine also

I booked on Dec 13 before new pkg intro.  But there was a fare reduction a couple of months ago and when I refared at lower price it included the new Plus60 pkg.  I did not realized that until I looked at my Travel Summary so the reduced fare was a better deal than I thought.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, emeraldlake said:

My husband and I usually share a pizza at Alfredo's.  So if we go in and order one $14.99 meal and two drinks, we can go 4 times.

That is a great idea.  Thanks.  That is what we will do.  We are trying to watch our weight anyway, plus it saves more room to try other food.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I sure won't be booking full suites anymore since I get nothing for it. I liked room service as included but that take away is a deal breaker. I don't drink so no packages meet my needs. I have a few more cruises booked then I will be looking at other ways to travel. I took some bus tours and liked them and will be looking more closely at them again. 

Flame away but my daily gratuity will be cut in half on my next cruises. I had reduced it  by 20% now it will be 50%. With all this gouging Princess can compensate their crew.

Agree.  Cutting gratuity is one way to fight back and let them know that what they are providing is now basically all up-charges and not exemplary service.

14 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

where do you see that in your personalizer i just checked ours and it doesnt show the new benefits?

Check in cruise personalizer and then under upgrade banner.  Check PLUS.  Will show you've purchased and include the new features.

I am in US if it makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Yowman said:

I have the old PLUS-50.  My cruise personalizer shows what you see in yours (everything included and no upgrade to PLUS-60 button) but going into Travel Summary I see no indication that I'm getting the new perks, which leads me to believe I'm not.  Before this change my cruise personalizer explicitly showed that I was not eligible for desserts nor fitness classes and I'm not sure why PCL changed this - it confuses people at first glance.

Anecdotal:  I've already cruised under 50, and got the 60 benefits.  Again, YMMV.

• Thanks 1

I'm getting confused. Is it:

$14.99 to activate order now + $5 for each order irrespective of where / how placed (which is what I thought it was going to be)

OR

$14.99 to activate order now but no additional charges in app; $5 for phone in room service orders (inc Elite Tea & minibar swap); nc for minibar swap with steward (that's how I do it) & order on TV

I use order now + must call RS to get Elite Tea so that's now $5?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

AFAIK and from multiple other posts, the steward just forwards request to RS as they are the ones delivering the mini-bars.

on Majestic I was there when the Steward brought the new items to the cabin. He had previously taken the items being changed out.

My understanding is that they would only give him the news items when he turned in the old items.

Edited by ldtr

13 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:
1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I sure won't be booking full suites anymore since I get nothing for it. I liked room service as included but that take away is a deal breaker. I don't drink so no packages meet my needs. I have a few more cruises booked then I will be looking at other ways to travel. I took some bus tours and liked them and will be looking more closely at them again. 

Flame away but my daily gratuity will be cut in half on my next cruises. I had reduced it  by 20% now it will be 50%. With all this gouging Princess can compensate their crew.

Agree.  Cutting gratuity is one way to fight back and let them know that what they are providing is now basically all up-charges and not exemplary service.

Re: RS charges for suites - I'm making the leap of faith that they won't charge you for RS in a suite. 

Re: stiffing the crew to make a righteous point that you don't like Princess' changes - that's petty and ridiculous. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Maybe then the next change will be banning those that routinely cut their gratuity like they ban those that file credit card protests.

14 minutes ago, jimmieg said:

Check in cruise personalizer and then under upgrade banner.  Check PLUS.  Will show you've purchased and include the new features.

I am in US if it makes a difference.

I am in California...ok i was just looking at the bottom where it stated what we had and did not see the extras added there but if i click the upgrade button i see it there..thank you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jajohnson said:

Sad to see Princess following the airline industry nickle and dime philosophy.  One option is to vote with your wallet and sail on  a competitor.  Another option is to make make sure you get what you paid for by ordering the maximum number of drinks you paid for, even if you just set them aside without consuming them. 

While I agree with your sentiment, none of this is nickel and diming.  It's significant increases in costs to cruise.  

Also, while your idea of ordering the max drinks might make you feel better, I hope everyone knows that those drinks cost Princess a very minimal cost to provide you.  It won't hurt their bottom line at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

While I agree with your sentiment, none of this is nickel and diming.  It's significant increases in costs to cruise.  

Also, while your idea of ordering the max drinks might make you feel better, I hope everyone knows that those drinks cost Princess a very minimal cost to provide you.  It won't hurt their bottom line at all.

And it will increase the workload of the crew resulting in slower response.

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

I’m currently in green lane for my August 21 cruise (still green today) Being in Canada we also can’t get medallions shipped and get them at the port.

I'm in USA, ordered my medallion, got message last week that it was mailed.  Today is the last day that it can get here - leave tomorrow morning for the port 

We have not gotten our medallions

8 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I am in California...ok i was just looking at the bottom where it stated what we had and did not see the extras added there but if i click the upgrade button i see it there..thank you

More than welcome.

I just calculated the impact of this on my future cruises. We usually spend about $28 dollars per day out of pocket in on board costs (not including that covered by OBC and elite benefits). Figure this may go up to $31 per day based upon the rate at which we use room service, remote ordering and Alfredos.

Lots of angst, really not much cost.

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Sorry if this has been covered. If I’m up by the pool and a waiter comes along and asks me if I’d like a drink, will I still have to pay to have it delivered to me?

no

Just now, jimmieg said:

More than welcome.

Now lets hope princess stick to that...trying to figure out a way to screen shot it to save to bring with us...for our Alaska cruise on 9/16 in the suite.  right now it showed we have all the new items...but i could have sworn i booked it under the old 50 pricing as this cruise has been kicked around and moved since 2020..I did see on the webinar that TAs can go into polar to verify may have our TA do that. 

1 minute ago, roxievegas said:

I'm in USA, ordered my medallion, got message last week that it was mailed.  Today is the last day that it can get here - leave tomorrow morning for the port 

We have not gotten our medallions

Hope USPS comes through, but if not a Medallion will be available at port that syncs to all info you have loaded on app.