Party of 2, but want to choose a specific cabin

1 hour ago, TigerCruzin said:

Is there a work around, or do I need to call to get the cabin selected?

Other than the above hack, you could also wait and hope they allow the cabin to be booked by two only - that usually happens later in the selling cycle. Calling is unlikely to allow it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

You could try calling - Or maybe book a phantom child under kids sail free and that child would be a now show and you would get your port charges back

Wouldn't the phantom child still need to be a real child because you would want to complete the pre-cruise documentation which would require passport # or other detailed personal information for travel?

52 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Wouldn't the phantom child still need to be a real child because you would want to complete the pre-cruise documentation which would require passport # or other detailed personal information for travel?

"Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. No-show.

Two potential problems with this type of hack:

1) If there is a KSF special, the kid really isn't "free" and usually the cost for passengers 1 and 2 goes up (sometimes substantially) from what those passengers would be charged if there were only two in the cabin, and

2) Depending on when the phantom kid is dropped, you may be moved to a different cabin without much recourse.

Personally, I'd call RCL and see if you can get the cabin you want with only two of you before I'd mess with a hack that will ultimately cost you a lot of $$.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

"Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. No-show.

No that's not what I mean, in order the be cleared for boarding there is a lot of pre-boarding docs that must be completed.  I for one wouldn't want to show up at my sailing with nothing completed beforehand because of a phantom passenger.

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

You could try calling - Or maybe book a phantom child under kids sail free and that child would be a now show and you would get your port charges back

The cabin will be more expensive for 3 vs. 2 even with a kids sail free promo

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

The cabin will be more expensive for 3 vs. 2 even with a kids sail free promo

That's correct.  It's because the cabin that you want is a cabin for 3 which is a different and more expensive category than a cabin for 2.  If you were able to call and get it released for 2 people it will still be more than picking a cabin that only holds 2

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's correct.  It's because the cabin that you want is a cabin for 3 which is a different and more expensive category than a cabin for 2.  If you were able to call and get it released for 2 people it will still be more than picking a cabin that only holds 2

We have actually started booking 2 cabins for the 3 of us (2 adults and 1 teenager) on our next sailings. Came out cheaper than 1 cabin for 3 plus additional savings in only having to buy 1 deluxe drink package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruisegoer said:

No that's not what I mean, in order the be cleared for boarding there is a lot of pre-boarding docs that must be completed.  I for one wouldn't want to show up at my sailing with nothing completed beforehand because of a phantom passenger.

But I don't think you're required to fill out anything on the app beforehand. You can do everything at the port if you so choose. 

Edited by fla33023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is absolutely no requirement to complete or provide any documentation prior to checking in at the pier

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fla33023 said:

But I don't think you're required to fill out anything on the app beforehand. You can do everything at the port if you so choose. 

Who used the word required? Most people want a sped up process of boarding so since the 3rd passenger was never a reality in the first place I would think they wouldn't want to be held up at check in.

Who used the word required? Most people want a sped up process of boarding so since the 3rd passenger was never a reality in the first place I would think they wouldn't want to be held up at check in.

It's just not as much of a hassle as you make it sound. We all still have to stop and show identification anyway. You check in as individuals so it's not like they're asking you anything about the "3rd person." That person not being there does not hold anything up.

• Like 1

I did this to score this cabin on the Liberty.  No big deal at the port, just told them that 3rd pax wasn't coming.  No issue at all.  With the KSF promo the cabin was maybe $100 more than the cheapest balcony for 2 after the port charges were refunded. Would I do it again, hells ya!!

liberty balcony.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:13 PM, CruisingHogFan said:

We have actually started booking 2 cabins for the 3 of us (2 adults and 1 teenager) on our next sailings. Came out cheaper than 1 cabin for 3 plus additional savings in only having to buy 1 deluxe drink package.

Back in mid to late 90's many times example Rates would be $799 ea for first 2, $1099-1499 each for passenger 3-4. Didn't take my kids on lot Cruises until prices started dropping and Kids were too little have 2 Cabins

I'm sure our two grandkids won't be coming with us (extended family) for our May 2024 cruise. Booked them under a KSF to share a Surf Side Suite on Icon with us. Will I need to fill out their boarding info when we fill out ours? We certainly don't want to loose this cabin as we're next door to family.

We've done no-shows before and can't remember (darn those senior moments) how I handled it. I know about getting their port fee and tax's returned to us.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:38 PM, Cruisegoer said:

You can easily check in the “real” passengers and choose birth certificate for the “phantom” and proceed as normal with a “no show”  Really pretty simple