Are Coffee Cards still available?

secretcastle

No more coffee cards or coffee packages.

Unlimited coffee and espresso drinks as well as other non alcoholic beverages are now included in the plus and premier fares, or those purchasing the stand alone non alcoholic beverage package. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, secretcastle said:

Hello - can anyone please tell me if coffee cards ( including some specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee) are still available to purchase for those just on Standard not the Plus  packages?

Many thanks! 

Since they got rid of the New Grounds coffee package, we just buy our coffees a la carte at the IC or any area on the ship that has a coffee barista.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, secretcastle said:

Hello - can anyone please tell me if coffee cards ( including some specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee) are still available to purchase for those just on Standard not the Plus  packages?

Many thanks! 

No coffee cards. Here’s a current menu with prices.

35BC413E-8C7D-44C5-BA2A-23D312025872.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a Zero Alcohol Beverage Package available for $29.95/day.

What is Included

• The package includes all specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, cans of soda, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (from the juice bar), 0.5 ltr bottled water, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull , 330 ml or 0.500 ml sparkling bottles of water, Energy Drink and Milk Shakes (if available).

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Don't think so.  If on Standard each purchase would simply be applied to your account in individual transactions.  I could be wrong...I'm sure someone will chime in one way or the other.

Fortunately / unfortunately we have a coffee card for our 8/12 Greenland cruise (Caribbean) and for our November 11/12 trans-Atlantic (Enchanted).  I was going to cancel them, as I highly suspect they won't be honored.  But, I decided to leave them in place and show passenger services my travel summary to see what they do.  Best case they honor the card.  Most likely they credit the amount back as OBC.  Worst case they do nothing and then I have to fight corporate.  We will see .......

Really no coffee package anymore?  Geez...Princess is trying so hard to push people to the packages.  $29.95 for a 33 day cruise is $988pp and I think both have to buy it, no thanks.  We usually purchase additional soft drinks at port.  I will definitely miss the coffee package that was added to your medallion. 

4 hours ago, cruiserdf said:

Fortunately / unfortunately we have a coffee card for our 8/12 Greenland cruise (Caribbean) and for our November 11/12 trans-Atlantic (Enchanted).  I was going to cancel them, as I highly suspect they won't be honored.  But, I decided to leave them in place and show passenger services my travel summary to see what they do.  Best case they honor the card.  Most likely they credit the amount back as OBC.  Worst case they do nothing and then I have to fight corporate.  We will see .......

We just got off the Emerald Princess and had purchased a coffee package 9 months ago. We went to the Captain’s Club representative and after a few phone calls she informed us the 15 coffee or tea package would be honored. Be sure to bring a receipt of your precruise purchase to show! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, overlake7 said:

We just got off the Emerald Princess and had purchased a coffee package 9 months ago. We went to the Captain’s Club representative and after a few phone calls she informed us the 15 coffee or tea package would be honored. Be sure to bring a receipt of your precruise purchase to show! 

Thank you ..... This is encouraging.  But as we all know this can vary by ship.  Since the Captain's Circle Rep, change to the Events and Loyalty Manager, I found many are less helpful.  Why we always have a copy of the Travel Summary which shows the purchase, did you still receive the card / receipt in your cabin?  Did the Folks at the coffee bar know how to handle the charges?

9 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Really no coffee package anymore?  Geez...Princess is trying so hard to push people to the packages.  $29.95 for a 33 day cruise is $988pp and I think both have to buy it, no thanks.  We usually purchase additional soft drinks at port.  I will definitely miss the coffee package that was added to your medallion. 

Yep.  We have resigned ourselves to paying for our latte's even though it bugs me each time.  Was such a simple benefit that cost them next to nothing to provide for a loyal cruiser.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, milogurd said:

There is a Zero Alcohol Beverage Package available for $29.95/day.

What is Included

• The package includes all specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, cans of soda, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (from the juice bar), 0.5 ltr bottled water, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull , 330 ml or 0.500 ml sparkling bottles of water, Energy Drink and Milk Shakes (if available).

Do you really think there is value there?

If someone is Platinum or Elite, the Crew Appreciation and Medallion Net are worth $23.50/pp/day.  This package costs about $35.40 once you add the 18% gratuity.  Now you are at virtually $59/pp/day.  Plus is $60, so why would anyone do this package?  Even dropping the Internet would let you have one alcohol drink per day easily covered.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

We haven't cruised since before Covid. We have a coffee card with drinks still available. Do you suppose they would honour them on our September cruise? Yeah right. LOL

You need to look at the card and see if it has an expiration date on it to start

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanuckCurlers said:

We haven't cruised since before Covid. We have a coffee card with drinks still available. Do you suppose they would honour them on our September cruise? Yeah right. LOL

They stopped honoring them a long time ago.

The only coffee cards remaining are for those that ordered them online paid well before their cruise. They still seem to be honoring those purchases if the buyers really push.

On 7/31/2023 at 6:17 PM, arizonaperson said:

No coffee cards. Here’s a current menu with prices.

35BC413E-8C7D-44C5-BA2A-23D312025872.jpeg

Just to let those who need to watch their sugar.. Usually nothing sugar free available on Princess cruise ships regarding specialty coffee.  Most ships have 12+ coffee flavors plus chocolate syrup, but only twice in the past ten years has their been anything other than a plain sugar free sweetener. I now bring my own Jordan's Skinny Flavors (mocha, salted carmel and vanilla) if I want to have a specialty coffee. I have written to Princess and even had a personal conversation with the "Head of Food" on my last cruise in March...he claims he was shocked to see how little sugar free was available for diabetics.  

I would appreciate anyone currently on a ship or going on a cruise in the next month to see if anything has changed.  Sugar free flavorings for coffee...sugar free soda at the bar for mixers (club, tonic, ginger ale, seven up, cranberry juice) ... sugar free jelly at breakfast and sugar free jello.   BTW, I was lucky the last cruise a jar of sugar free jelly was found in the food locker and it was kept hidden every day (28 days) so I could go to one person to find it and give me a spoonful for breakfast..

To many it means nothing, but to an insulin dependent diabetic these little things make a difference in enjoying my time on board. And please do not respond..just take more insulin..that is insulting! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Thanks for the responses but I put LOL because I'd be surprised if Princess would honour anything with all the new changes. We've lost all the Platinum benefits and will be elite after our September cruise so I expect those benefits to be gone by then too.

That is  strange we are Elite and the only benefits we have lost is the bag of toiletries.  Out platinum Internet benefit changed from some free minutes to 50% discount on unlimited.  A couple of things have become obsolete with the changes in embarkation and disembarkation over the years.  10% excursion credit was added. On my last 22 day cruise they saved us over $700 during the cruise.

we do not buy packages, and some of the lose value for those that do.