Coco Cay Waterpark price...$160????!!!!!

fsuwx

30 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I will never pay for anything on that island again, having paid $58.99 for the Beach club back in 2021, which is now over $284 on our ICON sailing. And its on sale! too rich for my blood, we'll stick with freebies there until they come to their senses.

We booked a similar price for the Beach Club/private pool for a similar price several years ago, but that cruise got cancelled.  For $284 for a private buffet lunch/pool, they can stick it where the sun don't shine.  🤪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Haven't been to Coco Cay in years back when you had to tender in.  I remember the waters were very rocky.  Do I need to bring water shoes?  Just planning on using the free beaches.

No. They have spread sand out into the water.

It’s Royal Caribbean, expect to be Royally Ripped Off!  As long as folks keep paying their insane pricing they will continue to fleece them. I moved on to other cruising options years ago and have never looked back. I can appreciate the engineering achievement their ships represent, but their product is simply overpriced in every aspect. 

• Like 2

Paid $1399 for water park cabana in June and it was definitely worth it for us as I need the shade and we like having our own space. Not interested in the beach so the pools and slides were perfect for the kids. Having a cabana attendant is a huge plus as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

Haven't been to Coco Cay in years back when you had to tender in.  I remember the waters were very rocky.  Do I need to bring water shoes?  Just planning on using the free beaches.

Water shoes are a good idea for many reasons.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fsuwx said:

I've been to the waterpark at Coco Cay twice...both times it was $80-$90.

We're going on the Wonder in Feb and the price is $160, which is insane. I've been watching for the last couple months and the price has not dropped. Anybody else seeing that price, or is it just b/c we're going on the Wonder?

On Freedom in June and water park is running between $160.99 and $169.99.  I don’t usually pay for any extra’s, but going with family and my niece has purchased a water park cabana and there are 8 to 10 of us, so to be together, 2 of us have purchased just the water park tickets and hope we will be able to be somewhat near them.  I also am hoping we can catch a sale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReRe71 said:

Paid $1399 for water park cabana in June and it was definitely worth it for us as I need the shade and we like having our own space. Not interested in the beach so the pools and slides were perfect for the kids. Having a cabana attendant is a huge plus as well. 

It's been well worth it for us also. 

In addition to Black Friday sales I’d also check Labor Day weekend, I’ve seen some really decent price drops then as well. That being said, if you’re on a larger ship like Wonder and such, you’re going to see higher prices in general due to their price-based efforts at crowd control. The more people book, the higher the prices get. Of course the flip side of that is, if you’re on Oasis and Icon class ships, you’ve already got a water park on board without the incredibly long lines and wait in the hot sun up the stairs at the CC water park. 

Booked Beach Club during Pandemic on Oasis for $75 - we are now booked on ICON for August 2024 - cost is $302 ON SALE!!!  per person. I can't decide if we want to spend that much for the Beach Club.  Maybe price will come down.   We are paying high prices for booking a suite, wish this were included in suite fare.  In Labadee with suite we had a private beach and different buffet with steak, etc.  As long as people pay what they ask  - why should they reduce the price.  But, $75 to $302 per person is a bit much.

1 hour ago, Treacher1 said:

Booked Beach Club during Pandemic on Oasis for $75 - we are now booked on ICON for August 2024 - cost is $302 ON SALE!!!  per person. I can't decide if we want to spend that much for the Beach Club.  Maybe price will come down.   We are paying high prices for booking a suite, wish this were included in suite fare.  In Labadee with suite we had a private beach and different buffet with steak, etc.  As long as people pay what they ask  - why should they reduce the price.  But, $75 to $302 per person is a bit much.

Doubt will ever see prices that Low unless another Shutdown or major outbreak. Last time I paid for Cruises as Cheap were the Months after 9/11/01

The thing I don't want - waterpark is $88.99 for our October cruise.  Beach Club just went up to $205pp (have it reserved at a lower price), but still toying between that and one of the beds, but I think I'll just stick to beach club.  (and yes I know there are abundant free options).

16 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

$131.99 on Oasis in October

10/8?

It was actually $98.99 just a week ago. The price literally went up this weekend to $139 (and no, i'm not talking about a sale price, I mean the base price. $131.99 which you saw yesterday was 5% off). I bought it for $88.99 on a 10% off sale on the 24th and today it's the same sale for $124.99.

Edited by Miloomar

CRAZY prices. For an upcoming late January 2024 cruise, the Beach Club is $223 pp, the water park is $133 pp and the over the water cabana is $3499. CRAZY!  Just for comparison ....an Ocean view BALCONY cabin FOR THE WEEK is $2900. ( cheap compared to a day at Coco Cay.)

M

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ReRe71 said:

If ya got it, flaunt it.....I don't have the $$ for it, but happy you can.

14 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It’s Royal Caribbean, expect to be Royally Ripped Off!  As long as folks keep paying their insane pricing they will continue to fleece them. I moved on to other cruising options years ago and have never looked back. I can appreciate the engineering achievement their ships represent, but their product is simply overpriced in every aspect. 

IMHO I have not found that to be true.  Our upcoming Oceanview balcony midship deck 6 on Allure was only $499 pp GTY.  Carnival couldn't come even close the week I looked.  We booked an interior and waited for a sale, it came, pd an additional $82 for this balcony.  You have to be willing to be diligent, they still have the deals.  Now we have to wait until ICON comes out to watch for just such a deal and I think next fall there will be some. We get too many perks for loyalty to ever forsake RCL.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

Ita simple supply and demand. Its all done by a computer algorithm. The more people buy the package the price rises. Then when sales drop off the price lowers. However, heres the catch, esp with airline seats when people look or do a dummy booking to check price the price will go up for others looking. Its the same with a lot of royals pricing, well in fact not just royal. 

So whilst people are willing to pay it the prices will go up and stay high. 

I originally booked the beach club at $92+, then my cruise bud traveling with us called me with the sale price of $58.99 so I CXd the original and rebooked at the lower price.  Ya just gotta pay attention....closely!

We were on Adventure last week and I paid $97pp.  I originally paid $133, but it steadily dropped in the last two months before our trip.  I cancelled and rebooked 5 times.  We were the only ship at CocoCay that day, not sure if that is relevant to the waterpark prices, but lines were shorter which was really nice!!!

• Like 1

TBH from what I heard, its best to save your money.  We just got off the cruise last week, and although I didn't go to the waterpark, I'm glad. I spoke with two families and they said a lot of people felt like it was a rip off.  Long lines and if I'm not mistaken, they more than likely had to shut it down due to lightning in the area, though not the entire stay.  

Better off using the included-in-the-price waterslides on the ship.  $160 per person is more than a 1 day waterpark ticket at Disney.

• Like 1

I haven't been on Royal in years....I still tendered to CocoCay the last time I was there.  My son is seven and a water park fanatic. We are accepting of paying the $160! But he also needs shade due to a genetic condition. 

Debating between a Waterpark cabana at $1399 which would include the tickets for the three of us, or a beach bed at chill island or south beach for $349 plus the cost of tickets. We're good walkers but wouldn't want to be more than five minutes from the Waterpark. I would like to see the ocean at some point, but don't need to swim in it.

Does anyone know how far either beach bed is from the Waterpark? Can you see the water from a Waterpark cabana? Any other advice? Getting off early and staking out a free spot in shade isn't an option for us,  unfortunately.