Plus $ Drink Limit now $22

startedwithamouse

7 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The below is currently on their web site, drink limit $15.

Screenshot_20230813_092415_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ceae9ce9e0637f1a6f125bac5d95052.jpg

This email was sent today.  Princess is a hot mess.

Wonder if we upgrade to Plus, and show the email they'll have to adjust any overages?

Are Peach Tea Smashes included in our future? lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Has Plus drink allowance increased to $22? We received this email today.

This is a Closed Loop US port cruise.

Screenshot_20230813-090255_Outlook.thumb.jpg.84e39e366ebda6f08a0abac73a3f8267.jpg

We booked a cruise with standard fare and plan to upgrade to Plus onboard using OBC. 

Is this an Australian cruise. That would account for the difference. Or you got an offer in error tied to Australian cruises. The bars are not going to honor premier prices for plus plan holders

Edited by memoak
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wow …now, I could go for that but I’m pretty sure it was an error rather than a valid offering.  

Bait and switch?  

To the casual cruiser not here on CC, I choose this and think I receive drinks up to $22. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

49 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Has Plus drink allowance increased to $22? We received this email today.

This is a Closed Loop US port cruise.

Screenshot_20230813-090255_Outlook.thumb.jpg.84e39e366ebda6f08a0abac73a3f8267.jpg

We booked a cruise with standard fare and plan to upgrade to Plus onboard using OBC. 

Are you leaving from Australia?

The Plus shows drinks up to $22 AUD.

I see you said US closed loop.

Or, maybe they generated the wrong email?  Who knows?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Bait and switch?  

To the casual cruiser not here on CC, I choose this and think I receive drinks up to $22. 

I would not try that on any bartender when app and website all show $15. The casual cruiser has to go on the website to print luggage tags and go to  the app for reservations 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would not try that on any bartender when app and website all show $15. The casual cruiser has to go on the website to print luggage tags and go to  the app for reservations 

It's absolutely bait and switch. 

Bartenders don't adjust folios. 

Screenshot 2023-08-13 10.13.15 AM.png

Edited by startedwithamouse

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's absolutely bait and switch. 

Bartenders don't adjust folios. 

Screenshot 2023-08-13 10.13.15 AM.png

No but they will tell you that the drink you ordered is not covered by your plan. If you go to the guest services they will show you the website. Unless you want to spend hours arguing with various managers it sounds like a waste of my cruise time. This seems to be an e-mail geared towards the Australian market that the OP got in error

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Sounds to me like just another price increase in the near future. 

I'd be very happy with that if they left the Plus package price as it is now.  It would make buying the package even more of a no-brainer than it is for us already.  However, I sense that this is almost certainly just an IT error which will doubtless be fixed on Monday.

• Like 2

They did an update last night pretty clear to me its an error.  Website still shows $15 on the cruises I checked.  

Its like when the airlines offer flights for like a dollar we all know its wrong and they won't honor it but some will try anyway.

I checked prices of premier and plus packages on my personalizer a few minutes ago. The premier package is $100 pp. per day and the plus is $76 pp. I guess the demand is there so prices are being raised.  Still a no brainer?? LOL

9 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

I checked prices of premier and plus packages on my personalizer a few minutes ago. The premier package is $100 pp. per day and the plus is $76 pp. I guess the demand is there so prices are being raised.  Still a no brainer?? LOL

Those are the prices for the standalone Plus and Premier beverage packages. Solely the beverage package pricing. (64.95+18 % or 84.95+18%) no changes there, been those prices since Dec 14, 2022.. 

First photo is the standalone beverage packages info

The bundled Plus and Premier Cruise Packages (which include either plus or premium beverage package, wifi, crew appreciation, and so forth) have not changed in pricing since Dec 2022. $60/80 per day... 

2nd and 3rd photo, Cruise Packages

Princess shot themselves in the foot by using the same names for both. It's ridiculous. You'd think they'd have access to some different names, but then - they're the ones who named a larger balcony cabin as mini-suite, and gave no suite perks. Or Salty Dog Gastropub and Salty Dog Grill. Or Medallion, MedallionClass, Medallion net, etc. 

🙄

Screenshot_20230813-170038.png

Plus/Premier Cruise Packages

Screenshot_20230813-170300.png

Screenshot_20230813-170253.png

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wow …now, I could go for that but I’m pretty sure it was an error rather than a valid offering.  

To utilize a newly learned acronym, TIPWATA.  Since it is quite new around here ... This Is Princess We Are Talking About.  It's another blunder from HQ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are you leaving from Australia?

The Plus shows drinks up to $22 AUD.

I see you said US closed loop.

Or, maybe they generated the wrong email?  Who knows?

It is obvious someone did indeed pickup an Australia graphic and include it in a US market email.  Look at it again and notice that Crew Appreciation is not mentioned.  We know it is not part of the Aus/NZ Plus/Premier since CA is baked into the cruise fares for all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Sounds to me like just another price increase in the near future. 

Nope.

2 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

I'd be very happy with that if they left the Plus package price as it is now.  It would make buying the package even more of a no-brainer than it is for us already.  However, I sense that this is almost certainly just an IT error which will doubtless be fixed on Monday.

Yup.  But which Monday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

To utilize a newly learned acronym, TIPWATA.  Since it is quite new around here ... This Is Princess We Are Talking About.  It's another blunder from HQ.

I’ve upgraded to the premier package on 2 of the cruises for this year and 4 of the cruises I have booked for next year.  I am almost sure the price of the packages will increase by the beginning of next year.  And, if you will read my previous posts, I’m not even one that is unhappy about the changes.